Page 247 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 1471972372432442452462472482492502512572973477471247 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 36873

So what are people’s thoughts on Aquaman?

spoilers:
    1. Unlike certain other DCEU movies, it actually feels like it has a coherent story with a beginning, middle and end. And it was overall fun if you completely switch off your brain.
    2. The dialogue and some of the characterisation was dreadful. Horribly weak.
    3. I enjoyed Mera though, so that was helpful.
    4. It seemed soooooooo derivative of other, more successful franchises.
    a) Atlantis shall henceforth be referred to as Wet Asgard.
    b) Oceanmaster was basically Lokimandias but without any wit or depth.
    c) Black Manta they tried SOOOOOO hard to make into Killmonger. But they missed. By a long-ass way.
    d) The Fisherman King and his people were just a merger of The Shape of Water and Avatar.
    e) The Deserter city was Goonies meets Indiana Jones.
    f) The Atlantis vehicles felt like The Phantom Menace Gungan vehicles combined with pod racers (I swear they even had exactly the same sounds as The Phantom Menace pod racers)
    It was like it lacked any individual thought or imagination.
    5. They managed to make his costume not look too bad, which is something I really feared for in a live action version.
    end of spoilers

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Started Dragon Quest XI.

Well, I figured my hometown with not much going for it was gonna bite the dust...But I never expected what actually happens. O_o

Finished Avatar season 2. I know Zuko joins the good guys eventually, but I don't know when. So the finale really surprised me. Really excited to find out how it goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Started Dragon Quest XI.

Well, I figured my hometown with not much going for it was gonna bite the dust...But I never expected what actually happens. O_o
    Yeah, DQXI is surprisingly rife with unexpected plot twists. spoilers:
    Like how one of your longtime party members will pull an Aerith on you later in the game. And no, it's not who you think it is.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Funnily enough, Toriyama has kinda-sorta integrated the concept of SSJ4 into canon via Broly. Broly's Rage form(where he gets yellow eyes and a SSJ hair style) is due to him channeling the power of the Oozaru through his human form. Of course, this also causes him go berserk and insane.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Also, as anyone been giving Radiant a watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Also, as anyone been giving Radiant a watch?
    It's pretty ... incandescent.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's pretty ... incandescent.
    ...Didn't I leave you on Injustice!Earth to suffer the circular ethical arguments between Regime Superman and Batman for all eternity?

...Didn't I leave you on Injustice!Earth to suffer the circular ethical arguments between Regime Superman and Batman for all eternity?
    That All You Can Eat, got boring. I'm back now.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That All You Can Eat, got boring. I'm back now.
    Dammit, that was my early Christmas present to you so I could avoid the temptation of killing and eating you this month. Now I have go for my backup plan. (Forces Cthulhu into a crate and teleports him to Abu Dhabi)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So what are people’s thoughts on Aquaman?
    Just got home from seeing it and I quite enjoyed it.

spoilers:
    - It looks really good in terms of special effects, I didn't expect to enjoy fanatasy and super heroic shenanigans in the water this much.
    - There quite a number of stand out moments, like Atlanna taking down the hit squad, the fight in Italy, Arthur and Mera escaping from the trench and everything with the karathen.
    - Black Manta's design was way cooler than it had any right to be.
    - Story was solid, bit simple but it got the job done and I enjoyed the more adventurous style of super heroics.
    - Mera is the coolest character.
    end of spoilers

My main issue is that like 85%, or more, of the dialogue was exposition. Which because they're doing a lot of world building and most of it pays off quite well. But still, it's a lot of exposition.

Extraordinary Member

I've been playing Persona 5 for a bit now, and I'm following a strict spoiler free schedule guide that says it'll let me experience as much of the game as possible. Only problem was that it had me take on the first palace in one go. I pulled it off today but I claw my through a lot of it with very limited resources towards the end. It was a frustrating but also interesting experience.

Dammit, that was my early Christmas present to you so I could avoid the temptation of killing and eating you this month. Now I have go for my backup plan. (Forces Cthulhu into a crate and teleports him to Abu Dhabi)
    Ah yes, Erum, the City of Pillars II, now with more slavery.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Just got home from seeing it and I quite enjoyed it.

spoilers:
    - It looks really good in terms of special effects, I didn't expect to enjoy fanatasy and super heroic shenanigans in the water this much.
    - There quite a number of stand out moments, like Atlanna taking down the hit squad, the fight in Italy, Arthur and Mera escaping from the trench and everything with the karathen.
    - Black Manta's design was way cooler than it had any right to be.
    - Story was solid, bit simple but it got the job done and I enjoyed the more adventurous style of super heroics.
    - Mera is the coolest character.
    end of spoilers

My main issue is that like 85%, or more, of the dialogue was exposition. Which because they're doing a lot of world building and most of it pays off quite well. But still, it's a lot of exposition.
    spoilers:
    Totally agree on the effects. I actually thought the descent INTO the Trench; with all the Trench creatures converging beneath the surface; was better than the escape, but your point still stands.

Also agree on Black Manta. His costume always looked dumb in the comics, so having him AND orange-n-green Arthur in the same movie was a bold move.... that they seriously pulled off visually. I just wish they hadn’t made him Diet Killmonger.

And I think I already said I thought the plot was simple but worked, and that Mera was great. So that’s all good.
    end of spoilers