Page 666 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 16656661665666266366466566666766866967067671676611661666 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 36572

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Unless you've got tentacles, you forgot to add.
    Hey, it's not just tentacles. It's also the puns.

The horrible, mind-numbing puns.-_-
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    There are a lot of popular teachings in Christianity that are nowhere to be found in the Bible. Hell is one of them.
    Yeah, the Bible at its core; or at least the Christ-centric New Testament (the Old Testament has some ‘interesting’ ideas); is basically about generally just not being a dick to each other.

Which is a pretty good message, all told.

But then the dogma kicks in and at that point, as in the case of most religions, things can take a somewhat more challenging turn. Humans can really screw stuff up, even their own faith creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Hey, it's not just tentacles. It's also the puns.

The horrible, mind-numbing puns.-_-
    But mind-numbing is good!

I mean, who wants a painful mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, the Bible at its core; or at least the Christ-centric New Testament (the Old Testament has some ‘interesting’ ideas); is basically about generally just not being a dick to each other.
    Not quite, there's also interesting ideas in the NT ... but Cthulhu said he'd be nice.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Which isn't an excuse for 'aberrant' behavior that impacts the well-being of individuals in a society or the society as a whole. Which was essentially where we disagreed.

It's also why "everything is an ass pull" is rather reductive. Morality, and how a society comes to an agreement on what is and isn't moral, is a very complex thing.
    That is not where we disagreed. It's not even close. I have no idea how you even got this idea since I have said over and over that Asha'rah has plenty of qualities worthy of criticism.

You accused Asha'rah of hypocrisy, which I repeatedly made great efforts to demonstrate why that the particular charge held no water. For someone to be a hypocrite, they must violate the moral standards they profess to uphold. If you do not understand a person's professed morality, then it is impossible to reasonably make a charge of hypocrisy. You could not possibly have known Asha'rah's full moral views because I only ever revealed parts of it, so I tried repeatedly to show them to you so that the lack of merit would be self-evident.

Condemn Asha'rah'a actions or even her code all you want. Have Ishtar misunderstand Asha'rah if that's what you want. Makes for potentially great RP opportunities. But when you fundamentally fail to understand my character yet level a charge that requires a proper understanding of that character, then have Ishtar charge forward waving that banner as if it were fact while doing the same in the discussion thread yourself, we have a problem.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 09-25-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    That is not where we disagreed. It's not even close.

You accused Asha'rah of hypocrisy, which I repeatedly made great efforts to demonstrate why that the particular charge held no water. For someone to be a hypocrite, they must violate the moral standards they profess to uphold. If you do not understand a person's professed morality, then it is impossible to reasonably make a charge of hypocrisy. You could not possibly have known Asha'rah's full moral views because I only ever revealed parts of it, so I tried repeatedly to show them to you so that the lack of merit would be self-evident.

Condemn Asha'rah'a actions or even her code all you want. Have Ishtar misunderstand Asha'rah if that's what you want. Makes for potentially great RP opportunities. But when you fundamentally fail to understand my character yet level a charge based on your misunderstanding, and then have Ishtar charge forward waving that banner as if it were fact while doing the same in the discussion thread yourself, we have a problem.
    It was hypocritical in a pretty simplistic way, which was also expressed multiple times. Asha'rah had an issue with someone doing something, that was, fundamentally what she did.

What bogged the conversation down, was who used what to do it.

And yes, a huge, HUGE part of the problem disagreement) was how Asha'rah viewed her actions and how literally everyone else did. Ishtar being the one who blew her lid first; and who now is facing some pretty serious self-questioning as a result of this chain of realizations.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 09-25-2019 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Clarified with an added sentence at the end.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Genuinely sinister scenes in parliament today.

Johnson being flagrantly provocative and utterly disgusting in his rhetoric. Utterly shameful stuff.

I sorely hope this doesn't end in another political assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Genuinely sinister scenes in parliament today.

Johnson being flagrantly provocative and utterly disgusting in his rhetoric. Utterly shameful stuff.

I sorely hope this doesn't end in another political assassination.
    At least it's on-brand.

Arx Inosaan

It was hypocritical in a pretty simplistic way, which was also expressed multiple times. Asha'rah had an issue with someone doing something, that was, fundamentally what she did.

What bogged the conversation down, was who used what to do it.

And yes, a huge, HUGE part of the problem disagreement) was how Asha'rah viewed her actions and how literally everyone else did. Ishtar being the one who blew her lid first; and who now is facing some pretty serious self-questioning as a result of this chain of realizations.
    That's a danger of playing a blue and orange morality character, I suppose. The one time I know for sure Asha'rah was a hypocrite was when she cooperated with the plan of a fate weaver out of desperation to save Erosa, an action she still regrets. I don't get the impression that was what triggered the hypocrisy charge though.

Asha'rah would be okay with nuking Hiroshima but not with going back in time to prevent those who died there from existing. Feels utterly alien and nonsensical, from certain points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    That's a danger of playing a blue and orange morality character, I suppose. The one time I know for sure Asha'rah was a hypocrite was when she cooperated with the plan of a fate weaver out of desperation to save Erosa, an action she still regrets. I don't get the impression that was what triggered the hypocrisy charge though.

Asha'rah would be okay with nuking Hiroshima but not with going back in time to prevent those who died there from existing. Feels utterly alien and nonsensical, from certain points of view.
    Nah, and without diving back into it, it was just comments she made about the Doctor and during the argument that followed. Which is fine, differing opinions at all. Which is where I sit personally for the most part, as the conflict would've been neat. But at the same time, I was pretty damn aggressive in pushing Ishtar's side (and the side the 'mortals' seemed to share); and for what it's worth I apologize for that.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Very ironic that all this Christianity is going down on page 666 XD

In other news, I've been catching up on the CW shows, finally finished the latest season of Arrow

Basically Rambo Last Blood.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Cool fight, they certainly trust scaling and statements more than we do around here.

I certainly don't remember Hiei just flat out ignoring fire and lightning attacks on par with the stuff Sasuke throws around.

And they rely a lot on that explosion thing between two characters that aren't Hiei.
    Well, their reasoning is obviously "Yusuke is Hiei's rival, so if Yusuke can do it, Hiei can too. Also, all S-class demons are the same."

And they seem to be going along with the "he flat out ignored this fire and lightning attacks, so he can ignore all fire and lightning attacks."

Of course, with the next battle I'm wondering if they'll bring back the "Ganondorf can ONLY be stopped by really powerful holy weapons/attacks" argument they had for him winning against Bowser back in Season 3?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

to be fair YYH was pretty consistent in that every new tier of Demons was orders of magnitude higher than the previous tier, I mean Hell younger Toguro was ONLY upper B class and he'd have almost certainly been barely worth a notice to any S class

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well, their reasoning is obviously "Yusuke is Hiei's rival, so if Yusuke can do it, Hiei can too. Also, all S-class demons are the same."

And they seem to be going along with the "he flat out ignored this fire and lightning attacks, so he can ignore all fire and lightning attacks."

Of course, with the next battle I'm wondering if they'll bring back the "Ganondorf can ONLY be stopped by really powerful holy weapons/attacks" argument they had for him winning against Bowser back in Season 3?

Yeah, Hiei certainly ignored that attack!

More like survived honestly.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.