Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Death Battle, pretty to look at; but actually entertaining their "arguments" gives me a headache.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Ok, so Galaxia is quite bit more ridiculous than I expected. But they gave Beerus his due respect, and rather nailed his character for the interactions.

And again, I'm looking forward to the next match up. Though it's a bit unfair since we're probably still quite a way away from seeing Shoto in his prime.

James Harris, the man best known as Kamala the Ugandan Giant, passed away yesterday at the age of 70.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Inazuman turns out to be more OP than I expected!

Any idea how strong that building catch is?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I DID like that. It was a good addition, especially coming from the dude formerly known as the Heaven Ravager King.

This is what I meant. AND the guy gets more powerful every time, so it's starting to look to me like 'what kind of ass-pull will the characters need to do to kill him now?' on TOP of the boredom of 'Oh, dead again? No suspense, I'll just wait for him to get back up...again.'

Feels like a Jump the Shark moment.
    So he's Ancestor without the charm?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So he's Ancestor without the charm?
    Based on my limited reading of Tiger/Dragon Gate and the way Sharp talks about him, Ancestor occupies a very different position in his narrative than Black Dragon Hebi. Ancestor is not the main antagonist, he's also generally presented as being largely beyond the main cast consistently and his power is generally static, if massive. He is not really, narratively speaking, meant to be beaten by the heroes.

Hebi, on the other hand, is the current big bad and the apparent architect of a lot of the rest of the plot of Gosu. He has flattened the supporting cast of consequence with pretty contemptuous ease (though I do like me a "group of weaker fighters takes on one strong guy," kind of set up) Now Ryong, the protagonist, is currently fighting him and has, apparently, fatally injured him at least three times and he's just revealing new ridiculous powers and continuing to make the fight even more unbalanced.

At this juncture, it doesn't seem possible, based on everything we know about everyone who is present at this fight, for the heroes to not die here.

This means one of two things, either someone else (possibly from the Sage's Forest) is going to show up, or Ryong is going to pull something out of nowhere. It's a... dicey moment for the story. Could be fine, if slightly laborious, could be very annoying.

Also, apparently there is news of a lot of layoffs at DC Comics. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Apparently we're getting a movie... maybe?
    Since you guys like TMNT, what did you think of Venus?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Yeah.

As for the next match. It better be the first Avatar lost. The Fire/Ice kid has waaaay more only than Zuko with his mediocre fire bending and sword tricks. ( Then again it’s Death Battle. What they did to Garaa was a crime.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Since you guys like TMNT, what did you think of Venus?
    What, Venus Di Milo, from the shitty live action series in the early 2000s?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ok, so Galaxia is quite bit more ridiculous than I expected. But they gave Beerus his due respect, and rather nailed his character for the interactions.

And again, I'm looking forward to the next match up. Though it's a bit unfair since we're probably still quite a way away from seeing Shoto in his prime.
    Result is right, even if they wanked Galaxia well beyond her actual power to make it a fight. But they really need to stop using any space traveling as evidence for anything combat speed related. Space is big, you can travel from one end of the universe to the other several times and you'd still have a lower chance hitting something than you would winning the lottery. So flying through space at a certain speed means about as much to their reactions as a jet surpassing mach 1 does for the person piloting it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What, Venus Di Milo, from the shitty live action series in the early 2000s?
    Yes sir! What do you think of her? Think she should make a return albeit done better?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Order of the Stick: Oh dear, negotiations are probably not going to be on the table for a while after this.

Kinda worth it for the sick burn from Durkon though.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-11-2020 at 10:37 AM.