nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I severely underestimated the scabbards prior to this
    i think we all did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i think we all did.
    yeah, I had them pegged at Strawhat level at best, but now I'm pretty sure most of them are stronger than Luffy was when he got to Wano

Beat you to it XD

Also, Jon vs Saber is the next Death Battle. Red vs Blue was delayed, and will be the one after it.
    Every time they do a R vs B episode, it messes with the schedule. Did it in Season 3 for Carolina vs The Meta, and again now with Red vs. Blue.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

yeah, I had them pegged at Strawhat level at best, but now I'm pretty sure most of them are stronger than Luffy was when he got to Wano
    i'd say it's due to them all being trained by oden, who was a beast in his own right and due to them fighting him together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Every time they do a R vs B episode, it messes with the schedule. Did it in Season 3 for Carolina vs The Meta, and again now with Red vs. Blue.
    I can't recall, how did Carolina vs the Meta mess things up?
    i'd say it's due to them all being trained by oden, who was a beast in his own right and due to them fighting him together.
    Yeah. I suppose we'll get a better idea next time Luffy lands a hit, it'll show us how big a difference ryuo makes

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Hero Academia 288

Gigantomania headed toward a populated area.

Elsewhere, I hope Ochako whoops Himiko's ass and makes it, perhaps stratospheric...but that's the biased Rumbler in me talking.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    My Hero Academia 288

Gigantomania headed toward a populated area.

Elsewhere, I hope Ochako whoops Himiko's ass and makes it, perhaps stratospheric...but that's the biased Rumbler in me talking.
    Yeah, but Himiko also has Ochako's Gravity quirk and knows how to use it more lethally than she can, so it'll be an interesting match seeing how Ochako will be able to outwit her.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Meanwhile in Black Clover: Black Clover: spoilers:
    So, it turns out that the line about "My Dear Son" by Asta's mom wasn't directed at Asta, but the AMD. Riebe, much like Asta himself, was treated like garbage amongst other demons for being so weak, which I admit that I've suspected to be the case quite some time due to Lucifero's remarks about him and AMD's attitude towards Zagred. He inadvertently crossed over into the human world and was further shunned and abused by human villagers until he met Asta's mom, Licita who took him in as her adopted son. They lead a relatively peaceful life until Lucifero, looking for a host to enter the human world, temporarily possessed AMD and forced him to fatally injure Asta's mother. Before she died, she sealed him away in the five-leaf clover grimoire and sealed Lucifero's essence in a bottle. It's still not clear how he ended up in Asta's possession, though or how Dante stumbled upon Lucifero. We also don't know how Licita ended up cursed like Henry. Anyway, I like this revelation. The AMD is not a super-powerful entity or a former major antagonist forced to assist the hero, he was a powerless nobody among demons who just wanted acceptance, or at the very least, be treated as if his existence mattered. In a sense, this is somewhat akin to the relationship between Yuri and Satan from Blue Exorcist, only with a more positive outcome. Better yet, he's essentially Asta's brother, and probably the only one who can fully empathize with Asta's plight and struggles, which is quite a different dynamic than Naruto-Kurama and Ichigo-the Zangetsus
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 10-17-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

They've also all prepared for this fight for a long time, decades for a few of them, while Kaido is still underestimating them. They have blades that apparently contain Oden's haki to cut Kaido, Kinemon can nullify one of Kaido's main attacks and Nekomamushi and Inuarashi are both in their uber-forms. These guys came here for a fight and are doing a good job of hurting a member of the Yonko.

The problem will be actually putting him down before he gets serious and really into the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, but Himiko also has Ochako's Gravity quirk and knows how to use it more lethally than she can, so it'll be an interesting match seeing how Ochako will be able to outwit her.
    Himiko only has the quirk when she herself turns into Ochako, and it's not that Ochako can't use it like how Himiko did (it's litterally just turning it on and off), it's that she's not out to kill people. And unless Himiko's been practicing with Ochako's quirk then Ochako is going to be better at using it in general.

I kinda hope we get the whole fall exchange from The Dark Knight here. You know:

Himiko: From this height, the fall wouldn't kill me.

Ochako: I'm counting on it. *drops Himiko to break her legs*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Meanwhile in Black Clover: Black Clover: spoilers:
    So, it turns out that the line about "My Dear Son" by Asta's mom wasn't directed at Asta, but the AMD. Riebe, much like Asta himself, was treated like garbage amongst other demons for being so weak, which I admit that I've suspected to be the case quite some time due to Lucifero's remarks about him and AMD's attitude towards Zagred. He inadvertently crossed over into the human world and was further shunned and abused by human villagers until he met Asta's mom, Licita who took him in as her adopted son. They lead a relatively peaceful life until Lucifero, looking for a host to enter the human world, temporarily possessed AMD and forced him to fatally injure Asta's mother. Before she died, she sealed him away in the five-leaf clover grimoire and sealed Lucifero's essence in a bottle. It's still not clear how he ended up in Asta's possession, though or how Dante stumbled upon Lucifero. We also don't know how Licita ended up cursed like Henry. Anyway, I like this revelation. The AMD is not a super-powerful entity or a former major antagonist forced to assist the hero, he was a powerless nobody among demons who just wanted acceptance, or at the very least, be treated as if his existence mattered. In a sense, this is somewhat akin to the relationship between Yuri and Satan from Blue Exorcist, only with a more positive outcome. Better yet, he's essentially Asta's brother, and probably the only one who can fully empathize with Asta's plight and struggles, which is quite a different dynamic than Naruto-Kurama and Ichigo-the Zangetsus
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm interested in why Licita had to give up Asta, if that is Asta it probably is but it's not confirmed in the chapter itself. The whole reason she could take in Liebe was because he didn't have have any magic that her passive ability drained from him. The same should be true for Asta, unless she unintentionally drained all his magic away when he was a baby and it had permanent reprecussions.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Also, this popped into my head for the latest My Hero Academia chapter.

*Himiko sitting on her in the LoV hideout after this whole war is over and typing away on her phone*

BloodPrincessHimiko: Guys, I've the worst day! One of my best friends was killed and one of the people i love rejected me and then beat me up.

NeopolitanOntheRocks: Sorry to hear that bae. *hugs* We're here for you. Should we come over?

BloodPrincessHimiko: Maybe later right now i just wanna chat abit.

FutureMrsYukkii: We can totes do that and don't worry about your love. You can always keep trying and force them until they realise you were right all along!

BloodPrincessHimiko: I sure hope so. At least it wasn't Izuku who was mean to me. And he looked REALLY beat up at the end of the day, I had to stop myself from jumping him then and there because we had to book it.

NeopolitanOntheRocks: That the guy that always kicks his own ass as much a he beats up everybody else.

BloodPrincessHimiko: Yea. He so dreamy. It was Ochako that was mean to me. Do you think she's jealous of my feelings for Izuku.

FutureMrsYukki: Probably... hussy can't handle competition for the dude

BloodPrincessHimiko: A love triangle!!! I can't handle that I want to be with them both!!! But at the same time it's exciting...

NeopolitanOntheRocks: Look this is some pretty complex stuff to talk about over chat. Do you wanna meet up for an ice cream party?

BloodPrincessHimiko: ...nah

FutureMrsYukkii: How about a murder spree then?!

BloodPrincessHimiko: ...yeah, let's do that.

FutureMrsYukkii: Huzzah! There's nothing stabbing can't solve!

NeopolitanOntheRocks: Coolers, meet you all at the stabbing implement store then. Cya!

BloodPrincessHimiko: You guys are the best meet you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm interested in why Licita had to give up Asta, if that is Asta it probably is but it's not confirmed in the chapter itself. The whole reason she could take in Liebe was because he didn't have have any magic that her passive ability drained from him. The same should be true for Asta, unless she unintentionally drained all his magic away when he was a baby and it had permanent reprecussions.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's stated that she drained both mana *and* vitality, so even if Asta didn't have mana to drain, she was probably worried that she would feed on his lifeforce just from being near her. She even mentioned that her ability didn't seem to affect Riebe because he was a Devil. I'm more curious over how she was cursed. Henry has a similar condition and it was mentioned that it was due to a curse (presumably by a demon), so I'm wondering how this happened to Licita. And what happened to her husband.
    end of spoilers

Maybe it's just because I'm bored of Moro, but I think I actually like Omega Shenron more than the goat.

At least he didn't need Goku to throw him a senzu bean rather than just finishing the job.

spoilers:

Also, Moro's getting another power up. Because of course he is. He has Merus's Angel Powers now.

end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.