Perhaps some limiters were not meant to be broken, but for the sake of true stir-fry one must gladly sacrifice their ceiling.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...I'm going to assume the Captain was the dude from that 80s Mario show I barely remember from the reruns in kindergarten in the early 90s?
    Captain Lou Albano, famous Wrestler, and yes, Mario from the Super Mario Brothers SUPER Show.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Captain Lou Albano, famous Wrestler, and yes, Mario from the Super Mario Brothers SUPER Show.
    All I remember of his Mario was the little dance or whatever he did during the ending credits (his show was going off when I arrived at school during first year kindergarten I think - we all waited in the cafeteria/auditorium in the morning after getting off the bus and before classes began and there was a tv set to cartoons in there).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    All I remember of his Mario was the little dance or whatever he did during the ending credits (his show was going off when I arrived at school during first year kindergarten I think - we all waited in the cafeteria/auditorium in the morning after getting off the bus and before classes began and there was a tv set to cartoons in there).
    Yep, that's the guy.

This show was full of cheap half-baked parodies with Mario trimmings, but I still have some fond nostalgia for it.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Yep, that's the guy.

This show was full of cheap half-baked parodies with Mario trimmings, but I still have some fond nostalgia for it.
    Wow, that intro is so, so, so very the 90s cringe. But I find I have such weird nostalgia for that ending theme/dance Do the Mario bit.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Ummm....that's intriguing. Seems like they are trying t stay close to the Anime.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Looks nothing like the source material, pass.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Looks nothing like the source material, pass.

excellent reference work.

the OP looks weird. it's too devoted to being shot for shot with the anime and even uses light rotoscoping to sell the animated look. I feel like it should be more it's own thing.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

In ‘Star Wars: Visions,’ Lucasfilm and Anime Join Forces, and Go Rogue

What would happen if some of the most creative animation studios in Japan were let loose in a galaxy far, far away?

In the anime anthology series “Star Wars: Visions,” Jedi warriors battle enemies with faces like oni (a kind of Japanese demon), and straw-hatted droids inhabit feudal villages straight out of Akira Kurosawa’s classic samurai film “Yojimbo.” There are Sith villains and rabbit-girl hybrids, tea-sipping droids (OK, it’s really oil) and sake-sipping warriors. Lightsabers are lovingly squirreled away in traditional wrapping cloths called furoshiki and in red lacquer boxes.

And this being anime, there are over-the-top action sequences, stunning hand-painted backgrounds and computer-generated wonders. And of course, there’s plenty of “kawaii,” the distinctly Japanese form of cuteness.

Well? What do you think?
    Last edited by Tami; 09-25-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Star Wars Visions is pretty fun. A lot of possibility in those little shorts although they are just shorts
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I can’t wait for this!