Page 935 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 435835885925931932933934935936937938939945985103514351935 ... LastLast
Results 14,011 to 14,025 of 36800
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

well...

the weekend after the UK hits the highest death toll in Europe, the government has announced that they are intending to ease lockdown.

i am... very angry but also quite hollow about this. Tens of thousands of people have died. Many more will die. The government does not care even though much of it is preventable.

Stay safe everyone. Socially distance, care for your communities in any way that you can and do not lose hope, even though such a thing is in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    new one piece out.

the players are all getting into position.

and i think i might have a idea about what the announcement kaido is gonna make.
    And Luffy looks like he's about to start a fight. Can't blame him though, spoilers:
    considering they're talking about wasting food. Because Luffy's a lot like Sanji, he does not suffer gladly those who waste food, especially when friends are starving while you do so.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    MHA:...Oh Crap.O_o

Black Clover: Leo gets a bit of character development by accepting that while he isn't a genius like his brother and sister , he has his own strengths.
    MHA: Yeah. That's bad on so many levels. But I do love how this further deepens the link between Izuku and Shigaraki.

Black Clover: I've said it before and I'll say it again, this series is one of the best when it comes to giving side characters moments to shine. No one is every really forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    ...well that's just freaking cool.

And appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    new one piece out.

the players are all getting into position.

and i think i might have a idea about what the announcement kaido is gonna make.
    Best scene is Jinbei getting accustomed to the inner workings of the Straw Hats.

Jinbei: Surely Luffy and Zoro are dependable and can be counted to follow intricate plans.

Usopp, Nami, Sanji & Chopper: NO, THEY'RE DUMB!

My guess would be that Yamato is going to marry one of Big Mom's daughters, as a sign their alliance.

And it is about time for Luffy to just make a big mess of everyone's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    MHA: Yeah. That's bad on so many levels. But I do love how this further deepens the link between Izuku and Shigaraki.
    I was wondering why the main characters (Izuku, Bakugou, and Todoroki) were kept back considering they're heavy hitters you'd want in a fight like this. Now, now I know. spoilers:
    All the non-main characters are gonna get absolutely destroyed and they need to be spared from it.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Fantastic Member

Best wrestling promo I've heard this year, but it's over 60 years old and not from a wrestler:

https://twitter.com/jon_boucher/stat...53750335401986

RIP Little Richard.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    well...

the weekend after the UK hits the highest death toll in Europe, the government has announced that they are intending to ease lockdown.

i am... very angry but also quite hollow about this. Tens of thousands of people have died. Many more will die. The government does not care even though much of it is preventable.

Stay safe everyone. Socially distance, care for your communities in any way that you can and do not lose hope, even though such a thing is in short supply.
    Hopefully people will just exercise the self-discipline to stay safe even with the lockdown eased.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hopefully people will just exercise the self-discipline to stay safe even with the lockdown eased.
    It is worth noting that far more people are in favor of the lockdowns and social distancing than against them

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Michael Rosenbaum's Lex was pretty awesome. Yeah, my headcanon that things worked out...Unless stated otherwise but dammit, Smallville needs more sugar for the happy ending it pretty much got.

...Meanwhile, my heart aches knowing this character voiced by Rosenbaum had a very tragic ending with his bromance totally unsalvageable.

I was so happy to get my hands on that cat. He needed a beat down in the worst way.

So, the Inuyasha sequel is called Yashahime and will star Towa, one of Sesshomaru's daughters, who apparently got separated from her father, mother and twin sister when she was four during a forest fire and somehow ended up in modern Japan. She's been raised by Kagome's brother for the last ten years, until the portal of the well opens up and she returns to Feudal Japan to meet her sister (Setsuna) and cousin (the daughter of Kagome and Inuyasha), Moroha. The plot will revolve around the three girls discovering the secrets of their past since they seem to suffer collective memory loss, along with the fact that Inuyasha and Kagome have been missing for years. The anime is probably going to be no more than 26 episodes long.

Of course, aside from the mystery of Inuyasha and Kagome's disappearance, I'm curious over who Sesshomaru's human wife is since his children are both half-demons. *looks suspiciously at Rin*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

The Double Rainbow guy passed away

Extraordinary Member

This was a really fun anime.

And it's getting a sequel called SSSS.Dynazenon. Yeay!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, the Inuyasha sequel is called Yashahime and will star Towa, one of Sesshomaru's daughters, who apparently got separated from her father, mother and twin sister when she was four during a forest fire and somehow ended up in modern Japan. She's been raised by Kagome's brother for the last ten years, until the portal of the well opens up and she returns to Feudal Japan to meet her sister (Setsuna) and cousin (the daughter of Kagome and Inuyasha), Moroha. The plot will revolve around the three girls discovering the secrets of their past since they seem to suffer collective memory loss, along with the fact that Inuyasha and Kagome have been missing for years. The anime is probably going to be no more than 26 episodes long.

Of course, aside from the mystery of Inuyasha and Kagome's disappearance, I'm curious over who Sesshomaru's human wife is since his children are both half-demons. *looks suspiciously at Rin*
    ...isn't Rin basically Sesshomaru's adoptive daughter?

Andy Ruiz has selected his new trainer. Hopefully he can stay disciplined.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    well...

It's happening everywhere. In places where the sickness is still on the rise, even.

This is the Spanish Flu all over again. :( Brace yourselves for the second wave, it's going to be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    They won't. Vancouver went nuts over the weekend, with crowds gathering in parks, no masks, etc.

And the newspaper article showing this said

Quote Originally Posted by The Idiot Writer At The Vancouver Sun
    But haven't we earned the privilege of going out?

If our curve is flattening, it’s because we embraced Henry’s message of social isolation with the zealous enthusiasm of converts: we jumped into our lockdown sweatpants, stopped shaving and learned to drink alone. We endured countless agonizing Zoom meetings and home-schooled the kids. We scrubbed our hands raw. We did the work.
    1. It's not 'work' you get paid for or 'earn' something from, you idiot; it's safety.
    2. If the curve is flattening, it's BECAUSE we're in social isolation; if we remove that before we're ready, the virus comes back hardcore;
    3. The entitlement in this quote is sickening. This isn't about privilege, either, you idiot; again, for the dim in the crowd, it's SAFETY.

I'm disgusted (by a lot, not just this article; it's just a prime example), and anticipating the second wave with horror.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

And...RIP Jerry Stiller.