Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Welp. As much as people criticise the MCU, the season finale of She-Hulk might be one of the more original things they’ve done.
    Considering how overdone such a theme is, and how cringey and unfunny it was, and the atrocious writing that came with it? That's...not much of a compliment. I'd argue it made GoTs series finale look like a well written masterpiece in comparison.

The problem was that the way they did it gave zero closure, zero character growth, and completely ruined any semblance of a story they had going.
    Last edited by Cody; 10-17-2022 at 11:12 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    so I know the two next up match thematically... but it's still another giant curbstomp

I'm sorry for Halloween fans but the next Deathbattle is going to be a bloodbath.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well, it's been an extremely surreal day in British Politics to the point where I feel I need a stiff drink and may go down the pub on a Monday just to decompress.

So, Prime Minister Liz Truss fired her Chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, for implementing the mini-budget she ordered him to pursue. This, combined with the literal billions of pounds she has blasted out of the economy, went down about as well as a tube of shit-flavoured toothpaste. Rumours that as many as 100 of her own MPs had submitted letters of No Confidence to begin the process of ousting her.

Truss responded to this by appointing Jeremy Hunt to replace Kwarteng. Hunt is an interesting choice because he was not on her side in the leadership election, is very much of the older David Cameron school of Conservatives and is ideologically opposed to all of the choices Truss had made about her budget. He then made a statement, which the Tories refused to televise for some baffling reason, that they were rolling back effectively all of the previous mini-budget.

So not so much a u-turn (of which we have had many) more a complete and under abandonment of Truss' entire political ideology.

Labour called an Urgent Question for the Prime Minister to come and explain what the fuck was going on because this sort of shift is not common.

Truss then refused to show up and sent Penny Mordaunt, leader of the house and a previous opponent in the leadership contest. Mordaunt, among other things confirmed that "the Prime Minister is /not/ hiding under a desk," and that she had good reason not to attend the house herself. Truss then showed up, the new Chancellor gave a speech and then she left afterwards without saying a single word or engaging with the fact that she's fucking Prime Minister. She was in the chamber for less than 30 minutes.

A new poll today says that if an election were held tomorrow, the Tories position would collapse from an ~80 seat majority to them being the fourth largest party. They would not even count as the official opposition. This would be a loss of 343 seats and would be the largest political swing in the history of the United Kingdom, and we started having elections in 1802.

So... we have a Prime Minister who appears unable or unwilling to govern, a party unwilling to call a General Election to depose her because they know they will almost certainly get completely annihilated and, all the while, the country continues to fall to bits and deeper into a recession, poverty and inequality.

Fuck me lads. It's only Monday. >_<
    I assume it's still possible for King Charles to sack the government and force an election, as Governor-General John Kerr did in Australia in 1975, although that was a hugely controversial move, and would in all likelihood be so again, even with how deeply unpopular the Tories seem to be.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

From what I’ve seen over the years, Charles has the intestinal fortitude of one of the smaller rodents, and about as much care for the average citizen as Marie Antoinette. If he does anything like that I want his fingerprints checked.

…so we can give the medal to the proper imposter, I suppose.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    From what I’ve seen over the years, Charles has the intestinal fortitude of one of the smaller rodents, and about as much care for the average citizen as Marie Antoinette. If he does anything like that I want his fingerprints checked.

Considering how annoyed he got about having to use a pen, I doubt he'll do any kind of anything except leech off of the taxpayer and shoot endangered animals on his property.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I'm sorry for Halloween fans but the next Deathbattle is going to be a bloodbath.
    There was never a doubt about that, especially if DB uses Jason's comic feats. And Halloween Ends didn't do Mike any favors.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    so I know the two next up match thematically... but it's still another giant curbstomp
    Is it? They seem fairly evenly matched physically, the issue is that Michael has no way to put an undead Zombie down

Extraordinary Member

I'm not really up to date on my Halloween lore but isn't there at least one version of Michael Myers who's equally, or at least similarly, unkillable as Jason? Or is it always just some dude in a cheap mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm not really up to date on my Halloween lore but isn't there at least one version of Michael Myers who's equally, or at least similarly, unkillable as Jason? Or is it always just some dude in a cheap mask?
    Original movie series Michael got stabbed through the neck with a knitting needle, shot in both eyes by revolver (ie two dead centre in the head), shot multiple times, stabbed, shot by shotguns in multiples, run over by a truck, I could go on.

He also got lit on fire and burned, but that seem to at least put him down for a while.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Considering how annoyed he got about having to use a pen, I doubt he'll do any kind of anything except leech off of the taxpayer and shoot endangered animals on his property.
    As monarchs go, Charles does seem to be one of the limpest noodles of a bad lot.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    I assume it's still possible for King Charles to sack the government and force an election, as Governor-General John Kerr did in Australia in 1975, although that was a hugely controversial move, and would in all likelihood be so again, even with how deeply unpopular the Tories seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

As monarchs go, Charles does seem to be one of the limpest noodles of a bad lot.
    So what's the problem with Charles exactly? Ignoring the fact that the royal family have zero political power, the reason he doesn't like writing is because of his arthritis in his hand(see how swollen his hands are).

And when has he ever shown any "lack of care" for the average citizen?
    Last edited by Cody; 10-18-2022 at 04:13 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

So, a new update on the Hellena Taylor situation: Bloomberg reports that she apparently was offered over 15,000 to portray Bayonetta in 3, as opposed to the 4,000 dollars in total that she claimed.

Last edited by Len Ikari145; 10-18-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, a new update on the Hellena Taylor situation: Bloomberg reports that she apparently was offered over 15,000 to portray Bayonetta in 3, as opposed to the 4,000 dollars in total that she claimed.

It's a bit messier than that.

They did apparently offer her only $4,000, for a cameo. After Hale had gotten the role for Bayo proper. They'd wanted her to reprise for Bayonetta 3 but...

She'd walked away from negotiations and turned down the $15-20k offer (3-4k per session, for five sessions); and Platinum had rejected her counter offer of 'six figures and residuals' had been rejected.

So she's not lying, but if Platinum is telling the truth... She's not telling the truth either.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

See 4K /per session/, which is reportedly what was offered, is more in line with what I'd expect for a project like this. Not great pay but more in line with where it should be.

I also don't blame her asking for residuals, VAs honestly should get them and performers do get them in almost any other medium.

I hope this doesn't damage things for VAs negotiating for better deals in the future. Their union really needs to get more serious.