Page 804 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 30470475479480080180280380480580680780881485490413041804 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 36574

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Well since we're discussing them, lets have a fun thought experiment.

How would you rewrite Bakugou and or Mineta if you got the chance?
    Mineta, I would outright remove.

I will have other characters firmly confront Bakugou on his shitty behaviour, as others have said. On top of that, I would have Izuku just flat out break his "friendship" with him and even the rivalry(Todoroki is right there if you want a good rival). And I would just minimize his important in the narrative(he should never be in the secret meetings with Izuku and All Might, doesn't matter if he knows about One for All or not.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Well since we're discussing them, lets have a fun thought experiment.

How would you rewrite Bakugou and or Mineta if you got the chance?
    Hmm, a big part for both would be to rewrite how the world around them reacts to their actions.

All Might should NOT be saying that Bakugo is a good friend, because he's really not, or look fondly at Izuku and Bakugo interacting. At best Bakugo is a rival.
    Have more people call out Bakugo for his BS. Like when he threw something at Izuku for proudly talking about how he's improved somebody should've smacked Bakugo up the head, and more people should tell him to just knock it off when he's being a little ****. Preferably Ochako, Iida and Kirishima.
    But one change I would have with Bakugo is that after his fight with Izuku he actually starts trying to think about how he's acting. Like, make it a slow burn thing but have him realize that his behavior is shitty and have him try to correct it but often failing at it because he's got no idea what he's doing.
    And people should generally stop acting like Izuku has any part of their relationship being so conflicted. And Izuku should slowly, but unintentionally start distancing himself from Bakugo because he's found actual freaking friends.

With Mineta you should either have the teachers to knock it the **** off or he's expelled. Just more appropriate reactions like that.
    Or make it so that instead of being a little pervert, he should just want to date cute girls but he's failed at this his entire life because of his appearance being not appealing and he's got the charisma of a rock. Like, without the pervert angle I think he could be a fairly funny side character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hmm, a big part for both would be to rewrite how the world around them reacts to their actions.

All Might should NOT be saying that Bakugo is a good friend, because he's really not, or look fondly at Izuku and Bakugo interacting. At best Bakugo is a rival.
    Have more people call out Bakugo for his BS. Like when he threw something at Izuku for proudly talking about how he's improved somebody should've smacked Bakugo up the head, and more people should tell him to just knock it off when he's being a little ****. Preferably Ochako, Iida and Kirishima.
    But one change I would have with Bakugo is that after his fight with Izuku he actually starts trying to think about how he's acting. Like, make it a slow burn thing but have him realize that his behavior is shitty and have him try to correct it but often failing at it because he's got no idea what he's doing.
    And people should generally stop acting like Izuku has any part of their relationship being so conflicted. And Izuku should slowly, but unintentionally start distancing himself from Bakugo because he's found actual freaking friends.
    I see Bakugo as an outgrowth of the in-universe heroic commodification. It's a thing that was brought up with Stain before he just kinda got shuffled out of the plot, but heroism in MHA - and the manifestations of metahumans in general - is seen as a means to wealth, fame, and celebrity, from the top schools that feed into privatized corporations.

It can be seen in his attitude in his internships as well, where rather than doing the good deed because it's the right thing to do, he's timing his performances and sees it as a competition. It's a little understated from what I can tell, but there's this weird connotation in the series between doing the right thing and rounding out your stats for recruitment into the corporate hero world, and that's a social capital that either favours the charismatic - All Might - or the ruthlessly ambitious - Endeavour.

Sorta like how Michael Jordan is considered by many to be the basketball GOAT, in spite of his ruthless competitive streak and how he ended Muggsy Bogues' career by calling him a midget at the free-throw line.

...eh so like, it sure would be nice is Horikoshi used his contrast with Izuku to develop more on these issues, I guess is what I'm rambling about.

With Mineta you should either have the teachers to knock it the **** off or he's expelled. Just more appropriate reactions like that.
    Or make it so that instead of being a little pervert, he should just want to date cute girls but he's failed at this his entire life because of his appearance being not appealing and he's got the charisma of a rock. Like, without the pervert angle I think he could be a fairly funny side character.
    Mineta, on the other hand, is such a minor character - along with such Class A luminaries as Diabetes Kid and Tape Boy - that his appearances are less than consequential. Frankly, everything he does gets deservedly punished in some way, and his only major victories involve him running away.

It's probably precisely because of the sheer volume of characters that the writing around them is sorta shallow, and therefore a number of them are reduced to 1-note schtick.

Extraordinary Member

Samurai 8: Hmm... how many shounen action series has the main character meet and ask the being that shaped the universe a bunch of lore and world building questions by chapter 35? Samurai 8 is one of them. Lots of concepts and ideas being thrown around here. I rather like getting all this stuff out in the open fairly early on.

Black Clover: If there's one thing I think Black Clover does better than almost any other shounen action series, it's that it often gives side characters a chance to shine and do something cool even when you expect them to have gotten irrelevant. This time Klaus and Letoile get that time in the spotlight.

My Hero Academia: Most of the chapter is a flashback showing how Hawks figured out a lot of about the villains' organization and plans. It's mainly because he's become close to Twice who talks a bit more than he should, but he's also such a nice guy that Hawks kinda wants to save Twice, which I don't think will go that well.

But now basically every hero has gathered to strike at Shigaraki and his army before they can get in the first shot, and the students have been brought in to evacuate civilians from the coming battle. It's a really cool setup for a war type battle, but I question the intelligence of gathering seemingly every single hero in Japan in one place, partly because that'll be a lot of people for Gigantomachia to beat up.

One Piece: ...no what I was expecting.

So Orochi and the people who probably using him as a puppet ruler had some hold over Oden that made him back off for five years until they decided to make Wano into a weapons manufacturing country along with imprisoning Hyogoro. And they had a former barrier fruit user in their ranks. I wonder if that guy and the hag are gonna bite it in this legendary raid?

Those barriers are freaking strong. Oden could match blades with Whitebeard but couldn't put a dent in them. I'm looking forward to this Hour of Legends thing. Oda has done a good job of hyping it up, and he usually delivers on the hype. Even with the warning that it's a event.

SPY X FAMILY: THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY!

GO ANYA! SAVE YOUR FAMILY! ...and protect world peace I guess.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

jeezus.

kobe bryant is dead. died in a helicopter crash.

TMZ and people.com are reporting that his 13 year old daughter, gigi, was on board with him.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I don't even know how to process this. RIP to one of the GOATs.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

like with JFK, MJ, prince, and lennon, it's one of those losses that just guts you and you'll always remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    like with JFK, MJ, prince, and lennon, it's one of those losses that just guts you and you'll always remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard it.
    Right about that. MJ's death will never leave me as long as I live.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It really hit hard, he was big in the news cycle due to Lebron passing him on the scoring chart less than a day ago, and he was just weeks from being announced as a hall of fame finalist for later this year, really raw feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Right about that. MJ's death will never leave me as long as I live.
    MJ and prince. i wept hard for both of them. still got "controversy" and "bad" in my window.

RIP to a sporting legend, his daughter and everyone travelling with them.

Mamba forever.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

....Holy ****.

Seriously, all I can say.

The Romulus star going super nova and no one being wise to it until the last second continues to be the dumbest plot point Star Trek has ever made
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-26-2020 at 08:38 PM.

the bridges over the houston beltway have been colored purple and gold for kobe.