nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Hooo yeah, quite the understatement to boot as well.
    it's a good read but you just feel bad afterwards.

now, gamaran? that's a great shonen sword manga.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's a good read but you just feel bad afterwards.

now, gamaran? that's a great shonen sword manga.
    Oh, I better take a look into that. Sounds neat.

...I mean it's been better than Higanjima (which became sillier these days) and anything Takatou Rui has done (like you really feel like Rui wanted to do a martial arts manga but has to write some weird stuff in between them....).

Oh, I better take a look into that. Sounds neat.

...I mean it's been better than Higanjima (which became sillier these days) and anything Takatou Rui has done (like you really feel like Rui wanted to do a martial arts manga but has to write some weird stuff in between them....).
    gamaran is a fun series. like RK but.......funnier if that's the word. the ending is a bit rushed and it just kind of stops but it has some great fights.

gamaran is a fun series. like RK but.......funnier if that's the word. the ending is a bit rushed and it just kind of stops but it has some great fights.
    Now that I can get into.

My holiday work schedule is all over the place so anything to keep me from losing my mind.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Well, decided to read a manga, Shigurui. And while I do find the premise interesting (basically a major how did we get there story about two crippled men about to sword fight to the death with a history between them), I got to say that the story so far as I'm reading is really really bleak.

Like the everyone is either so heavily flawed that I can barely root for them or so much of a terrible terrible human being that I look forward to their demise only to surprisingly feel hollow since it doesn't really resolve anything as the manga probably intended you to feel. Doesn't help that the setting really emphasizes how shitty these people kinda are in whatever way.

Oh, and yeah, there's a lot of gore and other unpleasant things in there akin to Berserk. The rather well done art only again makes it squeamish.

I do admit, the sword fights are interesting so there's that.

I guess the fact that one thing I'm doing in my story kinda reminds me of this manga (since it's all about a sword school) is what kept me reading it despite how depressing the thing gets.
    Decided to have a look.

This is some very nice art. It's also very bleak.

It's extremely high melodrama, I don't think anyone particularly has a character per say, they are more walking puppets of gory tragedy.

Entertaining, it's saying some... stuff... not much yet but I'm engaged by it.

well this made my week a tad bit better.

as of right now, you are looking at the official 3rd member of the wrestle-cast podcast.

Extraordinary Member

as of right now, you are looking at the official 3rd member of the wrestle-cast podcast.
    Congrats dude!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Congrats bro! I'll be sure to check you guys out
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Congrats! I rarely get time to catch you guys but it's always fun content.

thanks guys.

sadly, i won't doing it until next week. still not in a right frame of mind to talk wrestling or be entertaining. so i'll be there next week.

funny. i used to listen the wrestle-cast back when it was on TGWTG.com. (long time ago). and now i'm gonna be a co-host.

thanks guys.

sadly, i won't doing it until next week. still not in a right frame of mind to talk wrestling or be entertaining. so i'll be there next week.

funny. i used to listen the wrestle-cast back when it was on TGWTG.com. (long time ago). and now i'm gonna be a co-host.
    It's always pretty fun when a longtime follower gets to be officially part of the crew. You always have fun jokes as far as I can recall whenever you're on.

That's awesome! Congratulations!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My roommate decided to do a crossover between our characters for a class project he has to do. He showed me a rough storyboard that looks very cool. It has his character coming into a church where my character is giving a sermon to a bunch of corpses he resurrected.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Decided to have a look.

This is some very nice art. It's also very bleak.

It's extremely high melodrama, I don't think anyone particularly has a character per say, they are more walking puppets of gory tragedy.

Entertaining, it's saying some... stuff... not much yet but I'm engaged by it.
    Small update here. I was reading Shigurui last night. Thought it was getting on for a bit before midnight so looked at time.

Turns out it was 2AM.

So, whatever the quality of the story it definitely held my attention. Reminds me a lot of the Greek tragedies I read for my degree.

Cheers for the recommendation Twister.