Extraordinary Member

RIP to Meat Loaf and to Louis Anderson

Rest well, Ye god of the Rock Pantheon.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    But it’s not just him. You should see some of the crap the Deputy PM Dominic Raab has said.

“I couldn’t have been swimming because the sea was closed that day.”

“I think you’ll find the police don’t investigate crimes over a year old.”

The man’s a gibbering idiot.
    And Priti Patel is worse. The UK has really been trying to set the bar impossibly high on evil politicians.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Freaks (2018) is a fun movie that I watched in my continued inspiration for finding cool Superhero films that aren't Marvel/DC that started from the Witch. Unfortunately there's almost no way to use the characters from it since their powersets/showings are mostly "Stomp or be stomped" category, shame.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Fire Force: Shinra just did one of the more bonkers things I've ever seen a shonen protag do. spoilers:
    Not a whole lot of them can time travel between panels to recreate civilization.
    end of spoilers

But Haumea does bring up a good point that it only really resets the status quo. So I'm looking forward to Shinra's answer to the issue.

Extraordinary Member

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Metroid Dread remains a ton of fun as I've unlocked a ton of new abilities and lots of new areas

I also fought spoilers:
    Kraid
    end of spoilers and that was fun. But I felt kinda bad for it since Samus treats it with an almost glib indifference in the cut scene leading up to the boss fight. Still awesome though.

spoilers:
    I mean its what the third time she's fought him, not like he's anything new to her at this point
    end of spoilers
    interestingly if you sequence break a bit ang get bombs before the fight you actually get an alternate way to kill him AND a unique cut scene

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    spoilers:
    I mean its what the third time she's fought him, not like he's anything new to her at this point
    end of spoilers
    interestingly if you sequence break a bit ang get bombs before the fight you actually get an alternate way to kill him AND a unique cut scene
    spoilers:
    I personally subscribe to the theory that Kraid is a species rather than person, which is why we meet one here even though he was already dead while on an exploding planet earlier. But yeah, when you've dealt with one massive bloated reptilian you've dealt with them all.
    end of spoilers

Apparently there's lots of alternative ways to blaze through him depending on the sequence break you went for.

So. Update time.

Some of you guys might remember my Dad died in late 2019.

My Mum had really gone through the wringer over several years leading up to that, because he’d been declining due to dementia and it had made him vicious towards her.

No sooner had she finished all the arrangements and paperwork around his death than COVID hit and she went into lockdown on her own.

Shortly after lockdown started, she discovered she needed a triple heart bypass. It was held off due to COVID.

Then, in Spring 2021, while still waiting for her heart surgery, she found out she had an incredibly rare form of cancer (by which I mean something like 80-something cases in the UK ever). She went through surgery to remove the affected area and some radiotherapy, and they thought she was clear when she had her scan in July.

At her next scan, three months later, they found it had now caused cancerous nodes in her lungs (she’s never smoked in her life), but they couldn’t do anything until her heart surgery was done, because she’d never survive chemo with he heart the way it was.

So she went through heart surgery. Which was successful.

They’ve re-scanned her now, and the conclusion is that, while they’re going to give her more radiotherapy followed by chemo, it’s palliative. The prognosis is that, on average, those with this situation tend to live 1-2 years, even with treatment.

I’m not looking forward to the next two years.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm so sorry mate.

Cancer is an absolute bastard. I sincerely hope the time you have left with mother (fervently hoping for the longer estimate) is as comfortable and painless as it can be.

Do what you gotta do to make it through and make the most of the time you have left. As ever, feel free to vent to the community if you need to.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Geez B, I’m so sorry. Hopes with you, hoss.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

Sorry to hear about it. Hope she gets cured somehow.