Page 244 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 1441942342402412422432442452462472482542943447441244 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 36799

I’m glad that the Yakuza series has taken off in states. I remember the first one coming out while I was in high school.

Just coming out of an early screening of the French City Hunter adaptation, and Well... while more than a few jokes fell flat, and some characters deserved more screentime, I am glad to admit that I was wrong, and it was a decent and sincere adaptation. More details later, for those that are interested (cough Sharp cough Iron_twister) .
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 12-13-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Out.

....Wow, it's really not the best days to root for Kilihito, huh?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I’m glad that the Yakuza series has taken off in states. I remember the first one coming out while I was in high school.
    Yeah buddy. I started with Yakuza 0, and am quite pleased. I have Kiwami also.

Came this close to buying Kiwami Two and FOTNS: Paradise lost (Same team made it, so it's Yakuza: Kenshiro) but I should maybe finish the other games first.

...I almost bought Y6 as well.

...I might cave if I see a sale.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i guess oliva's not immune to being jobbed out these days

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Came this close to buying Kiwami Two and FOTNS: Paradise lost (Same team made it, so it's Yakuza: Kenshiro) but I should maybe finish the other games first.

0 was great! I loved seeing how Majima became what he is today.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i guess oliva's not immune to being jobbed out these days

I knew he was gonna get bodied. I kinda wish Itagaki would’ve done a story years later following that kid from the beginning of SOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

If you have not spoiled yourself already via Youtube, I warn you now that Y6 *is* going to make you cry manly tears.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    If you have not spoiled yourself already via Youtube, I warn you now that Y6 *is* going to make you cry manly tears.
    6 was awesome it did let me down in some regards. Looking forward to Judge Eye and the next game in the Yakuza series.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

*clears throat*

EVERYONE SHUT UP, STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GO AND SEE INTO THE SPIDERVERSE.

IT'S FUCKING GREAT.

That's all. As you were.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I blame slow posting (in part, my fault for sure).

Also, unaggressive players. ^_^

I will note, however, that my tabletop games can go multiple sessions without any actual combat. This is for a multitude of reasons, including (but not limited to):

1. Players who love to RP;
    2. A GM who likes intrigue and only dramatically appropriate action;
    3. Players (back to them) who love to PLAN (my god, if they KNOW there's going to be a fight, they beat the planning into the ground...and are fully aware that said planning will probably fall apart quickly, but will at least keep the framework intact).

These players make YOU guys look impulsive when it comes to the planning.

I mean, when they assaulted the Eye of the Hurricane, it was -- I kid you not -- TWO full eight hour game sessions of nothing but discussion, finalizing plans with allies, slowly moving in, etc (also RP, but most of that was 'finalizing plans' and the like). That's not to count the actual lead-up to that time of planning, which involved travelling around getting as many allies/interested parties as they could on board (including two of the people running Phaion, because absolutely they would want the Eye taken out if possible, which provided the players' support system and 'take and hold' troops).

...and yeah, it did fall apart in the end (outside interference!), but whoooo, did they hold that plan together for a while and beat unholy hell out of that pirate city. And won. The ancient dragon barfing lightning all over them and one of the people they wanted to question might have eaten up a chunk of the city, but it was pretty much over by that point.
    I would like to make it absolutely clear that in no way am I complaining. After all, RP is quite literally two thirds of RPG, so it should be the focus. And it’s the funnestiest stuff.

My comment was meant purely because it’s kind of unusual in this game to have combat and hence a rarity to be seized.

Also, your house games always sound amazing.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.