Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He did the same last time - this time, I kind of expected him to be the front runner. And he's probably the most palatable of a collection of truly execrable humans.

Now, it looks like you guys are actually, really going to go Bojo Part Deux. And this isn't going to end as well as the original Part Deux: Hot Shots Part Deux.

I feel for you, and for all of us. This is not good at all.
    The thing is, if it were just the choice of the Tory MPs, they’d pick Sunak, who can at least do basic maths.

Unfortunately, when the MPs have come up with the shortlist, it goes to the wider party membership. So if Johnson gets the necessary 100 nominations to stay in the game, there’s a good chance he gets re-elected, despite still under investigation for misleading Parliament, which could result in him being expelled from Parliament.

Because somehow - and this concept seems almost impossible to comprehend - the average grass-roots member of the Tory party is a lot less discerning and intelligent than the average Tory MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The thing is, if it were just the choice of the Tory MPs, they’d pick Sunak, who can at least do basic maths.

Unfortunately, when the MPs have come up with the shortlist, it goes to the wider party membership. So if Johnson gets the necessary 100 nominations to stay in the game, there’s a good chance he gets re-elected, despite still under investigation for misleading Parliament, which could result in him being expelled from Parliament.

Because somehow - and this concept seems almost impossible to comprehend - the average grass-roots member of the Tory party is a lot less discerning and intelligent than the average Tory MP.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Thanks. I just talked to him on the phone. Just reminded him to keep a bottle of water with him at all times.
    Best wishes for him, hope he learns to take care of himself. Some married men are too stubborn to admit when they are sick, I've seen it before.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Thanks again all, it's one of those moments I just can't keep quiet about

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hey, Iron - sorry to hear about your dad's experience, but it's good that it's looking up again. The flu is no joke.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Glad your dad is recovering, Twister. Can't imagine how scary things must have been for a bit.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Yeah, sorry to hear about your dad, Twister, but really glad he’s on the mend.

This is a perfect example of why I get really pissed when people have a heavy cold and describe themselves as having ‘a touch of flu’. If you’ve ever had flu, you’ll know it’s NOTHING like a heavy cold.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, sorry to hear about your dad, Twister, but really glad he’s on the mend.

This is a perfect example of why I get really pissed when people have a heavy cold and describe themselves as having ‘a touch of flu’. If you’ve ever had flu, you’ll know it’s NOTHING like a heavy cold.
    Agreed. I’ve had some strain of flu twice, and H1N1 once.

Flu, for me, means ‘lie in bed and feel like I’m waiting to die.’

…plus pneumonia, with one of them.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Thanks again everyone. It was really quite some a weak but I'm glad it's past and it just feels so fortunate nothing happened other than a morning stay in the hospital for my Dad.

Extraordinary Member

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

RE4Make Ada and Ashley.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator