Rita and Jennifer have no chill, damn lol

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Lol I'm just looking at it and being like "hmm, 40 isnt *that* far away at this point..."
    5-6 years away for me...
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Can confirm. :V

I read online that it's confirmed by the director of Mobius that a Spider-Man exists in Sony's venom universe. Mostly like it's Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-31-2022 at 08:11 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Can confirm. :V
    Aka I better be ready to kill myself in 10 years >_>
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Huh, did not expect to hear bout Out.

...I'm now recalling the delinquent manga community that read it practically had verbal wars about which of the two sides of the conflict was "justified" to do what they did (...Honestly, they both suck) and hilariously enough they're really bad at remembering the character names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm pretty fine with it. It was immediate, Rock earned it, no lasting damage was done save to his reputation, there was no escalation (I mean, Smith went with 'slap', not 'belt him in the chops'), Smith apologized after for his actions (but not to Rock). <- My perspective only, maybe not everyone's. Excessive? Maybe, I'll grant that. I guess it was that, or pulling the mic out of his hand and going into an immediate discussion on 'why that was not appropriate', which I don't think would have flown at all for a variety of reasons.

Making fun of disabilities? I have zero issues with someone getting a slap. Social consequences beyond brushing it off with 'oh, it's just something comedians do...'. Rock was being an ableist, and deserved it just as much as he would have had he been racist, sexist, or homophobic toward anyone else in the audience.

Calling this stuff out when it happens is important, and Smith couldn't really have done that just by yelling. Not sure what he could have done other than this, if he wanted it to be dealt with immediately to both cut it off and point out that it was wrong, on the spot.

Mileage, it doth vary. ^_^

Edit: Curious how many people are saying 'Will Smith punched Chris Rock' when it was very clearly not that. Smith is a big guy who has some fight training, and he deliberately went with a slap.
    No disrespect or anything Sharp, you know I love ya . But the reason why you're mistaken here is because Rock did not know she had that, and he has a history of supporting African American womens hair, even doing a documentary on it. And the joke was in reference to her wearing a green dress and was meant to describe her as a bad ass(G.I Jane).Meanwhile Smith was laughing at the joke right up until he looked at his wife who was not amused. THEN he decided to assault Chris to make a show of it for her.

Fact is; if everyone can handle Ricky calling everyone a child molester, the Smiths can handle a little joke at their expense.

And nobody "earns" a slap unless they threw the first physical assault. The reaction would be very different had it been a women whom Will slapped.
    Last edited by Cody; 04-01-2022 at 07:06 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Boy, listening to people complain about ‘approaching 40’ and ‘X years from 40’ is funny.

…I have to choose between ‘funny’ and ‘exasperating’. ^_^

GET OFF MY LAWN! *shakes cane*

More seriously, forty is like….’keep yourself in decent enough condition and you still have 50 years left while entering into the stage of your life where you start to see many of the things you stressed about before as inconsequential.’

Granted, there are always stresses. :P
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So the reason why you're wrong here is because Rock did not know she had that, and he has a history of supporting African American womens hair, even doing a documentary on it. And the joke was in reference to her wearing a green dress and was meant to describe her as a bad ass(G.I Jane).Meanwhile Smith was laughing at the joke right up until he looked at his wife who was not amused. THEN he decided to assault Chris to make a show of it for her.

Fact is; if everyone can handle Ricky calling everyone a child molester, the Smiths can handle a little joke at their expense.
    1. Rock made a documentary about black women and their struggles regarding their hair. Ergo, he should know better even if he didn’t know this rather highly publicized thing about her hair;

2. The joke was ableist and Rock still hasn’t apologized for his ‘joke’ even after it came to light (assuming he actually didn’t know);

3. Regardless of what other crap comedians are saying, nobody should need to put up with ableism, any more than sexism, homophobia, anti-trans BS, racism, etc.

4. That Smith was laughing until then? Maybe he was laughing along with the crowd and it wasn’t until he saw his wife’s face that the gears turned. Whatever the reason it took him a few seconds, I’m still fine with him doing it.

You can not be fine with him doing it. That’s your right.

It is also my right to be okay with it.

As for the slap, again it would not be my first choice. But ableist, racist, homophobic, etc comments are a verbal attack against an individual, and I cannot blame Smith for his reaction.

Edit: okay, a wild edit appeared, will edit things myself.

Mileage, it may vary, and probably does. That’s fine - I feel my perspective has been clarified over-sufficiently.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-01-2022 at 06:49 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

1. Rock made a documentary about black women and their struggles regarding their hair. Ergo, he should know better even if he didn’t know this rather highly publicized thing about her hair;
    I don't see how he should know when someone has something like that. It wasn't really all that publicized, especially since she doesn't really do much in terms of publicity outside of make an appearance here or there in a tv show. Just because he made a documentary doesn't mean he should make sure to research every bald person around to make sure they don't have some Medi-Cal reasoning for it.

2. The joke was ableist
    It isn't a disability though..

and Rock still hasn’t apologized for his ‘joke’ even after it came to light (assuming he actually didn’t know);
    Should he though? It was a harmless joke about her dress. Not an assault

3. Regardless of what other crap comedians are saying,
    Rick is far from crap? I mean he seems regarded enough to be host several times.

nobody should need to put up with ableism, any more than sexism, homophobia, anti-trans BS, racism, etc.
    Not a disability, alopecia (and any autoimmune alopecia in particular) isn’t a disability since most of the people who suffer from this condition have, excepting for this, in very good health. Let alone remotely comparable to racism or homophobia or the like.

4. That Smith was laughing until then? Maybe he was laughing along with the crowd and it wasn’t until he saw his wife’s face that the gears turned. Whatever the reason it took him a few seconds, I’m still fine with him doing it.
    In a civilized society it is never okay, what he did was wrong. He wasn't laughing along with the crowd:

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...20328.amp.html

This does a good breakdown. She also seemed to enjoy her man assaulting another person quite a bit:

https://www.foxla.com/news/video-sho...slap-at-oscars

You can not be fine with him doing it. That’s your right.

It is also my right to be okay with it. That does not make me ‘wrong’.
    In a civilized society with laws for this kind of thing? Idk man. That is why what he did is considered as a form of assault. It's why there is an investigation and why Chris would have the right to go after Will for assault.

In the real world when this type of thing happens, it can go a whole lot worse than a simple slap,and the response even worse than that. That's why what Will did was not okay. It doesn't send a great message. While his speech afterwards kinda makes it seem he was mostly doing it for himself.

Edit: That isn't getting into how this is a good example of what a male toxic gender role(also known as toxic masculinity, but that term has been misused by those who don't really know what it means so much that it lost all meaning). How Will feels like he MUST make a show of his masculinity in the form of violence towards another man in order to appear strong and masculine to the world.
    Last edited by Cody; 04-01-2022 at 08:23 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Aka I better be ready to kill myself in 10 years >_>
    I save you a seat in Hell. :V

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

One Piece 1045

So, Luffy's new abilities present some interesting questions.

Baseline Luffy was able to, for example, be trapped in a shadow box and then stomped on by a guy powerful enough to split an island in half. This did not seem to meaningfully slow him down.

Flash forward to Kaido when they have been dueling with their Conqueror's Haki and, by virtue of strong haki, he is able to hurt Luffy just as like Sanji did.

In the new chapter...

spoilers:
    Awakened Luffy eats several hits from Kaido and reacts like they hurt but they don't seem to do that much in the way of permanent damage. Blast Breath blows holes in small mountains and Luffy just shook it off with ease. Kaido smacked him in the head multiple time with his haki-coated bagua and he came back laughing.

I'm sure we'll see some limits to it in the future but, at the moment, this is some wildly OP defensive properties.

Also, Luffy doing toon **** to one of the baddest dudes in the entire setting is kind of fun.
    end of spoilers

Boy, listening to people complain about ‘approaching 40’ and ‘X years from 40’ is funny.

More seriously, forty is like….’keep yourself in decent enough condition and you still have 50 years left while entering into the stage of your life where you start to see many of the things you stressed about before as inconsequential.’

Granted, there are always stresses. :P
    My goal is to die the way I lived, wrestling a bear.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

*blasted away by an Optic Blast*
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie