The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Deadly Global Heatwave Undeniably Result of Climate Crisis..

Captain Obvious or not, it's good at least this is front page. Should be front page on every newspaper. All the time. Every day.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Reading Tsuyoshi.

The fighting is too much 'in style', which is annoying. But it's manga, so.

On the other hand, thus far the central character does not have a 'style'; I'm willing to bet, however, that the writer has been studying Internal Martial Arts - specifically Taiji of some kind - and is trying to present those concepts as what the central character uses and why they are so bloody undefeatable.

Curious to see where that goes.

Concept, however, is pretty interesting. Art is decent. Characters are looking pretty interesting, and there's growth already in the character from whose point of view the story is written (NOT the central character around whom everything swirls).

There's also a nod toward the fact that overweight people can still be amazing fighters - highly skilled and quick, while hitting hard due to their weight and having some level of protection from the same. That's good.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ugh, wait, now we're getting into BS excuses for why traditional martial artists lose fights against MMA stylists, as well as insults. 'It's not made for the ring.' 'It has a long history, there's no way MMA is better, that must have been a fluke'. 'MMA is a fighting style for beginners'. etc.

Hopefully the author will address these excuses and get to the real reason TMA's and, specifically, 'Chinese martial arts' (as they put it) are getting their asses handed to them by MMA: they don't train for fighting anymore.
    Why are we here?

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Made it back safely from SDCC!
    How was it? I was slated to volunteer this year, but the economy had other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    I was slated to volunteer this year, but the economy had other ideas.
    Sorry to hear that.

Greedflation is destroying a lot of people's lives.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I was going to say, this is pretty much all I've seen people talk about as far as Rashid goes. Hopefully it can be patched in time for Evo, though a week is a pretty short window for turning that around.
    Capcom have announced a maintenance period to push the fix for the bug will go live today, very quick work indeed.

EDIT: Man, it's already done. They are schmoving on this one.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-25-2023 at 06:44 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

For anyone wondering, the song the girl was singing in this week's Chainsaw Man is the following by Maximum the Hormone:

Another great chapter.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    He was released with a major glitch which is being patched as of the time of writing.

That being said, nobody knows what Rashid can really do, especially not those who pick him.

peeps are gonna be scrambling to find some counter tech to him, considering how little time there is til evo. its gonna be interesting to see who comes up with what when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Reading Tsuyoshi.

The fighting is too much 'in style', which is annoying. But it's manga, so.

On the other hand, thus far the central character does not have a 'style'; I'm willing to bet, however, that the writer has been studying Internal Martial Arts - specifically Taiji of some kind - and is trying to present those concepts as what the central character uses and why they are so bloody undefeatable.

Curious to see where that goes.

Concept, however, is pretty interesting. Art is decent. Characters are looking pretty interesting, and there's growth already in the character from whose point of view the story is written (NOT the central character around whom everything swirls).

There's also a nod toward the fact that overweight people can still be amazing fighters - highly skilled and quick, while hitting hard due to their weight and having some level of protection from the same. That's good.
    read the first chapter.

its got my attention. not sure why folks in the comments are comparing it to OPM.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    read the first chapter.

its got my attention. not sure why folks in the comments are comparing it to OPM.
    I think it's okay. It has some issues so far, but they're all to do with my second post and this is a manga, so realism can fly out the window (somewhat). I like the idea, the story so far, the characters are interesting at least.

If you've only read the first chapter, I completely understand not getting the connection to OPM. There IS a similar idea in it, you'll see. Not the same, but.

But still, I think it's worth continuing to read.

Finished everything that's out as of yet.
    Why are we here?

Owing to Japan trip before Christmas, have been working on my New Year's story for my wife early this year. Finished final draft, and this is one of the bigger ones: 41K words, 151 pages. Pretty happy with it.
    Why are we here?

I think it's okay. It has some issues so far, but they're all to do with my second post and this is a manga, so realism can fly out the window (somewhat). I like the idea, the story so far, the characters are interesting at least.

If you've only read the first chapter, I completely understand not getting the connection to OPM. There IS a similar idea in it, you'll see. Not the same, but.

But still, I think it's worth continuing to read.

Finished everything that's out as of yet.
    its enough to keep my attention. i'll ride it out and see if its worth joining my.........rather long weekly reading list of manga and manhwa.

its certainly a better manga than.............."dog n-word".

i can't say more than that without the fear of getting banned again.

its enough to keep my attention. i'll ride it out and see if its worth joining my.........rather long weekly reading list of manga and manhwa.

its certainly a better manga than.............."dog n-word".

i can't say more than that without the fear of getting banned again.
    ....yeesh. Does not sound lovely, that.
    Why are we here?

....yeesh. Does not sound lovely, that.
    its the only manga to have ever made me physically ill to read. the art isn't bad. it just...........the story and characters are.........

if i can't even say the full name of the manga, that should tell you how repulsive i found it.

its the only manga to have ever made me physically ill to read. the art isn't bad. it just...........the story and characters are.........

if i can't even say the full name of the manga, that should tell you how repulsive i found it.
    Yeah, the name kind of says it all. Staying clear of that one.
    Why are we here?