The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea but then you met me. Clearly the most baddest, and toughiest.
    I keep telling people: come to Ottawa, train with me. ^_^

I keep telling Miburo: come to Ottawa, back up your words. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    On the topic of realistic fighting manga, have you checked out the new Jump Manga, Martial Master Asumi? It's about a guy
    getting into MMA, and so far I haven't seen any hint of supernatural Martial arts.

(It's only six chapters at the moment, so someone could read the whole thing free and legal until this sunday)
    I'll check that out, if I can find it. Thanks.

Will be interesting to see if it's as good as Teppu, or the other one I read a couple of years back (can't actually remember the name).

As an aside, I've nothing against TMA's and don't think that MMA is superior by dint of 'being MMA'. It's not. It's 'superior' because the people train for fighting, and so that's what they get: fighting.

TMA's USED to do that, in many places in the world, but mostly don't anymore, which is why the moment a traditional martial artist without that training steps into the ring with an MMA'er they get murdered.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    How was it? I was slated to volunteer this year, but the economy had other ideas.
    It was fun! Took several nieces and nephews that hadn’t gone yet and they had a blast.

Plus I got to go to Seaworld, so that was a fun bonus on the off day down there.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Okay, so far I'm decently impressed with this Martial Master Asumi. Not 100% sold on the art - it's pretty bog-standard shonen manga art - but it gets the techniques done well and it's okay art (and not full of ridiculously sexist stuff yet, so there's that!). The story is kind of predictable, but with the caveat that the central character isn't some perfect fighter out of the gate. <-- was concerned we were heading in that direction, but no.

In some ways, it's like a much more shonen-feeling Teppuu, in that the central character is quite strong, but is lacking a specific part of the skillset for MMA. It's more exaggerated - by a lot - but there's that flavour.

I'll stick with it and see where it goes. Thanks for the recommend. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-26-2023 at 04:27 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

This other series has me reading All-Rounder Meguru again. Aside from some of the usual garbage that's thrown in (occasionally, as I recall, which makes it irritating but tolerable), I do like that one.

Edit: Changed my mind, the garbage happens enough I'm losing interest already. Apparently my memories lied.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-26-2023 at 06:29 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I keep telling people: come to Ottawa, train with me. ^_^

I keep telling Miburo: come to Ottawa, back up your words. ^_^
    I'd absolutely love to, just tell me when is good.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'd absolutely love to, just tell me when is good.
    For visiting, just give me some warning. ^_^ Having people stay with me is, sadly, not an option, but having visitors? Showing them some of Ottawa? I can do that. ^_^

Building also has a guest suite that can be rented, but I don't know the price at the moment and we're not on the best of bus routes. And OC Transpo is absolute crap these days, sadly. Even so, that's a possibility.

For training? Well, you'd need to stay a while. And decide what you want to learn. I'm certified to teach a few things, and have a number of things I can teach beyond that (no certification, but competent).

For sure not this October-November, though; getting ready for and going on trip.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    For visiting, just give me some warning. ^_^ Having people stay with me is, sadly, not an option, but having visitors? Showing them some of Ottawa? I can do that. ^_^

Building also has a guest suite that can be rented, but I don't know the price at the moment and we're not on the best of bus routes. And OC Transpo is absolute crap these days, sadly. Even so, that's a possibility.
    That's all good to know ^-^

For training? Well, you'd need to stay a while. And decide what you want to learn. I'm certified to teach a few things, and have a number of things I can teach beyond that (no certification, but competent).
    I'd probably plan on staying 4 weeks maximum so, enough time to hopefully work on fundamentals while I'm attempting to set some things up (that we've discussed before).

For sure not this October-November, though; getting ready for and going on trip.
    Oh goodness definitely too soon. I've still got doctors appointments and things like speech therapy I need to focus on for the next little bit so... It'll be a year or so, at earliest.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

That's all good to know ^-^
    *thumbs up*

I'd probably plan on staying 4 weeks maximum so, enough time to hopefully work on fundamentals while I'm attempting to set some things up (that we've discussed before).
    Four weeks in Ottawa...seems excessive for this grey city, but that may be from my perspective of having LIVED here all my life, so cool. ^_^

If you're serious about learning something while you're here, though, we'd first need to discuss what you're looking to learn. Something in a style? Something meditative? Something practical, possibly involving small, sharp&pointy weapons? Taunting Miburo 101? Etc.

Food for thought.

Oh goodness definitely too soon. I've still got doctors appointments and things like speech therapy I need to focus on for the next little bit so... It'll be a year or so, at earliest.
    Cool, cool. No worries, then. ^_^ Would be awesome seeing you. But yeah, take care of yourself!
    Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I doubt that they'll add Bonney. Not because she doesn't have enough to work with, but rather because she's not important to Wano. Granted, neither is Uta, but she at least had a movie that did really well and is still kinda relevant.

Apoo might get in since he's got quite a lot to do in Wano. But there are several characters that are important to Wano they'll probably go with over Bonney. Yamato, King and Queen, any number of the Tobi Roppo and so on.

Maybe if they add an update when the anime gets to Egghead.
    i'm not talking about her relations to the story. i mean just to finish out the set of the worst generation. i mean, we can play as all the strawhats, all the warlords, save for weevil, and all of the emperors, both past and present. why not go all the way with the worst generation?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'm not talking about her relations to the story. i mean just to finish out the set of the worst generation. i mean, we can play as all the strawhats, all the warlords, save for weevil, and all of the emperors, both past and present. why not go all the way with the worst generation?
    ...you know, the most shocking thing is that Urouge is apparently already in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    ...you know, the most shocking thing is that Urouge is apparently already in the game
    yeah. he's been in game for a little over a year. my nephew's love playing with him.

i'd almost feel bad for billy. if he wasn't, you know, a lying, cheating, backstabbing, thinskinned, scumbag.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Though you gotta admit it'll be interesting how they'll incorporate her abilities in gameplay.

...Meanwhile, practically everyone is playable in Bounty Rush and they just released two in one Kid and Law to celebrate 4.5 years.

...Okay, sorta as admittedly they've been meh or avoiding most arcs and practically milking the hell out of Wano fir the time being.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I always enjoy the mystery behind the Legend Killer because no matter how good of a Mechwarrior you are, a Rifleman is honestly kind of terrible compared to something like a freaking Atlas yet Gray Norton dominated with the machine and no one knows how.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

SHARPANDPOINTIES!

Looks like this is going to be pretty good. I already got surprisingly emotional just at this trailer.