Page 175 of 2440 FirstFirst ... 751251651711721731741751761771781791852252756751175 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 36590
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

watching SFdebris' review of the season 2 premire of B5 and i'm inclined to agree with him. the minbari acted like petty children when it came to Sheridan.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    watching SFdebris' review of the season 2 premire of B5 and i'm inclined to agree with him. the minbari acted like petty children when it came to Sheridan.
    Mimbari tend to act like children in general: from the Motorcycle incident, to EVERYTHING the Warrior Caste does in the show, to Delenn's relationship. They seem to be super advanced aliens who just haven't been exposed to much . . . until they need to be portrayed as wise or advanced. It's a paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Mimbari tend to act like children in general: from the Motorcycle incident, to EVERYTHING the Warrior Caste does in the show, to Delenn's relationship. They seem to be super advanced aliens who just haven't been exposed to much . . . until they need to be portrayed as wise or advanced. It's a paradox.
    not hating on the minbari really. just find it so odd that they would hold a grudge against a man for winning a battle in a war. sure, they went from thinking sheridan was 2 steps below freeza on the evil scale to looking at him like the second coming of space jesus, which he kind of was. but it's still odd that they could act like that.

but you are right. it is a paradox how they can be this wise and enlightened race and so petty and childish at the same time.

not hating on the minbari really. just find it so odd that they would hold a grudge against a man for winning a battle in a war. sure, they went from thinking sheridan was 2 steps below freeza on the evil scale to looking at him like the second coming of space jesus, which he kind of was. but it's still odd that they could act like that.

but you are right. it is a paradox how they can be this wise and enlightened race and so petty and childish at the same time.
    Not hating either, it's just something I'd been thinking of after watching the same SFDebris reviews. That and wondering when I'll queue up the Deathwalker episode again and play the Deathwalker Drinking Game - If you aren't drunk in the first 5 minutes, you aren't doing it right

Extraordinary Member

Rooster Teeth's Extra Life is going strong

What Oscar REALLY Thinks of Ozpin's Lies (RWBY Thoughts)
    I'd post it directly on here but I'm not 100% sure it would be allowed. Genie Boobies.

I'm starting to understand why Salem's been beating Ozpin all this time now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Going back through some older anime, while waiting on one of the two shows I'm following this season (Goblin Slayer and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime), and rediscovered this:

Thus, a question.

Who's the weakest fighter that could survive those kicks?
    Oh man Airmaster is great. Did you see the final battle? Maki's a serious brick.
    And in the manga she actually got a rematch against Yuki! And won!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Speaking of RT

The latest episode of RWBY was pretty nuts.

spoilers:

For starters the people living there now are actualy that world's second version of humanity, with it's original humans getting wiped out by the gods (thanks to an ill conceived attempt at revenge against them by Salem) and the relics could bring the same fate onto it's current people. Salem's fall from grace is a story of someone who can't accept her own failings and blames the world around her instead.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 11-10-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Has anyone else noticed that Triple H looks like Kratos from God of War (PS4) without the ash-whitened skin and red tattoo?

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Still just on episode 2 of volume 6 of RWBY over here. And boy that was a really and really spoiler heavy episode. Bet the next episode will be even more of a spoiler, so I'm avoiding everything about it.

I am enjoying how they're deconstructing the wise old mentor role that Ozpin's had since the series started. It's a trope that I just enjoy, and this one episode pulled it off much better than the entire confrontation with Hazel did.

Maria has done basically nothing so far and only said a few lines and I alredy love her.

spoilers:
    Cinder's alive! I'm kinda ambivalent about that.

So the relic of knowledge is actually the Genie's hot cousin, and she doesn't **** around when she gives answers.

Salem backstory time. Bring. It. On!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Triple H looks like Kratos from God of War (PS4) without the ash-whitened skin and red tattoo?

maybe kratos was taking hints from papa trips now?

after watching a hour long vid on the rise of the mongol empire, it just reminded me why this guy, subutai, is the great commander in the history of war.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

after watching a hour long vid on the rise of the mongol empire, it just reminded me why this guy, subutai, is the great commander in the history of war.

I watch much MST3k and Rifftrax, so my mind instantly leapt to this:

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

maybe kratos was taking hints from papa trips now?
    Alternate Universe Version where Kratos DIDN'T murder his wife and child because he was too busy going after the WWE Heavyweight Title.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!