Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he's been lying to me. he told me he had been sober for weeks but his wife and his brother told me he's been drinking way more then he normally does, which is already too much, IMO. not to mention a lot of other problems that i didn't know about.
    Ah, yikes. This will be rough to get through. Sometimes friends don't want to tell just how low they're getting and not to worry anyone.

But yeah, seek anyone for help. That's what friends are for.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Ah, yikes. This will be rough to get through. Sometimes friends don't want to tell just how low they're getting and not to worry anyone.

But yeah, seek anyone for help. That's what friends are for.
    sadly, the problem with him is he keeps it all to himself and expects all of his problems to just go away. i've given him all the advice i can but he never takes it. and his marriage failing is on him since he keeps looking for/having sex with escourts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    "NaNoWriMo" Progress

Well, I'm gunna honest, I don't really have anything specific to write, so this is just random stuff every day. But once again, it's about maintaining the habits. Like with the art stuff, I guess I'll do a weekly report on Saturday or Sunday.

01 - 1175
    02 - 710
    03 - 3050
    04 - 150
    05 - 1120
    That's an amazing clip, and alongside your art you're definitely an inspiration. I am also very jealous.

I've hit about 3000 at the time of posting this. No single idea but a hodgepodge of short stories I'm pecking away at. With hope I'll have some kinda short story collection by the end of this, to torment people with terrible writing whenever the mood strikes

May dust off the ol' Tumblr to post them or something, so there's a record.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As promised, I have also started in solidarity, and already I'm floored by your word count, wow!

I'll be chronicling my own NaNoWriMo process/struggle on this old blog as we go along.

Suffice it to say, I have an idea, but it's still putty in my fingers that needs some definition. Hopefully the extra hour of sleep from Daylights Savings will help the brain process the writing logic.
    I am also jealous of you, fiend and scoundrel, for having a great idea and posting your process. That's awesome.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That's an amazing clip, and alongside your art you're definitely an inspiration. I am also very jealous.
    Aw, thanks for the kind words! : )

But the month is still young! Still plenty of time for me to crash and burn! :V

At this point, my goal is to just write something daily. I intend to hit the word count goal, but we'll see how much work wrings it out of me this month.

I've hit about 3000 at the time of posting this. No single idea but a hodgepodge of short stories I'm pecking away at. With hope I'll have some kinda short story collection by the end of this, to torment people with terrible writing whenever the mood strikes

May dust off the ol' Tumblr to post them or something, so there's a record.
    Good idea!

I was just writing little rambles, but today I remembered I have several old story ideas I never got around to and banged out the rough draft for one of them. For want of something new, it's a good chance to force myself to get some oldies off the backburner. Gunna be honest, I don't really want to post any of these so far, but some of the shorts I can try to edit for posting later.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Aw, thanks for the kind words! : )

But the month is still young! Still plenty of time for me to crash and burn! :V

At this point, my goal is to just write something daily. I intend to hit the word count goal, but we'll see how much work wrings it out of me this month.
    If you crash and vurn at least you can write about it :v

Know I toyed around with the idea of writing about my uh, personal journey as it were, and/or my feelings on my recent injury. But that is probably TOO selfish lol.

Real awesome that you're going back to old concepts though. Sometimes they just need to stew awhile before you figure out what's needed

Good idea!

I was just writing little rambles, but today I remembered I have several old story ideas I never got around to and banged out the rough draft for one of them. For want of something new, it's a good chance to force myself to get some oldies off the backburner. Gunna be honest, I don't really want to post any of these so far, but some of the shorts I can try to edit for posting later.
    Eh, I'm not particularly keen on posting my own but I also feel like, on the off chance anyone reads them, I'd stand to benefit from any kind of constructive criticism or tips. Cuz as much as this is a chance for me to get into a rhythm and work on my process, I might as well make it insightful. Or something. ALSO certainly not something I'd expect other people to do, lol. I just need an incentive to keep my goals. For you see. I am lazy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    poor peter got absolutely cooked.

i think spawn just found his soul mate

sadly, the problem with him is he keeps it all to himself and expects all of his problems to just go away. i've given him all the advice i can but he never takes it. and his marriage failing is on him since he keeps looking for/having sex with escourts.
    Honestly I almost considered a similar way but realized I just can't bottle it up and got to vent. While reminds me that a friend of mine didn't take my advice to avoid obvious bad news and he then almost died of a drug overdose because he didn't tell me jack when I picked him up.

But ohhhh man...That isn't good there.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If you crash and vurn at least you can write about it :v

Know I toyed around with the idea of writing about my uh, personal journey as it were, and/or my feelings on my recent injury. But that is probably TOO selfish lol.
    Hey, whatever works. :B

Real awesome that you're going back to old concepts though. Sometimes they just need to stew awhile before you figure out what's needed
    While that's true, some of these are stories I had more or less figured out forever ago, and just didn't write them for one reason or another. Not enough interest at the time, I guess. :S

Eh, I'm not particularly keen on posting my own but I also feel like, on the off chance anyone reads them, I'd stand to benefit from any kind of constructive criticism or tips. Cuz as much as this is a chance for me to get into a rhythm and work on my process, I might as well make it insightful. Or something. ALSO certainly not something I'd expect other people to do, lol. I just need an incentive to keep my goals. For you see. I am lazy.
    I getcha. Whatever helps!

So, uh, fair warning for the upcoming One Piece Chapter.

spoilers:

It's very heavily implied that Bonney is the result of her mom being married off to a Celestial Dragon and then thrown away when she got sick.

end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Undead Unluck 183 Spoilers: spoilers:
    Okaaaay, I didn't expect this to happen - especially in a shonen manga. I typically don't approve of polygamy/polyamorous relationships, but I will make an exception in this case. And the next Negator that they're going to recruit is Enjin (Unburn).
    I won't lie, I've always been interested in what his backstory is all about.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

there was a massive explosion at a plant in livingston, which about 1 hour north of houston. most of my dad's side of the family live there. highway 59 has been shut down going that way and trucks from houston and other areas are currently fighting it but it looks bad. the smoke cloud is so massive, the doppler radar can pick it up.

one piece 1098: now we know the truth of bonney's birth. and seriously, oda! can you give kuma a break?

one piece 1098: now we know the truth of bonney's birth. and seriously, oda! can you give kuma a break?
    Like yeah...Apparently life decided to always kick Kuma in the balls. Always.