Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

huh, I didn't spot that Andy Serkis is directing the Venom sequel.

I liked the first one, Tom Hardy is fun and engaging as ever, the leant into the campiness of the character which I enjoyed. It did pretty much fall apart in the third act - or rather just was missing what felt like a third of the film.

Serkis isn't a very tested director but he does know mocap and digital acting so hopefully he'll be able to leverage out some fun sequences on this.

Also, Woody Harrelson is generally very talented and I'm vaguely curious to see what they do with Cletus. Hmmm... might see this one.

Extraordinary Member

Venom 2 looks very very silly but fun. Carnage has always been a favourite of mine so I might want to see this one, should maybe watch the first one before this one comes out.

Extraordinary Member

Black Clover: Yeah... Black Clover is if nothing else absolutely and consistently top tier at handling secondary characters and giving them time to shine, and it also expands further on the intricacies of its magic system while doing so. This is just good stuff all around.

My Hero Academia: Nice little look into the "team-up" between Deku, All Might and the top three heroes as the new still unnamed fan-favourite reappears. This'll be interesting.

One Piece: Hell yeah Nami! Piss off Big Mom, it's the navigator's time to light up the sky. I wonder how Zoro's gonna be healed so that he can participate in the rest of this arc.

Anyone notice the scene in this week's One Piece of Sanji standing open collared suit with a bandage wrapped cross on his shoulder? Wonder if that that was an intentional or unintentional homage of Wolfwood from Trigun
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-10-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Black Clover: Yeah... Black Clover is if nothing else absolutely and consistently top tier at handling secondary characters and giving them time to shine, and it also expands further on the intricacies of its magic system while doing so. This is just good stuff all around.

My Hero Academia: Nice little look into the "team-up" between Deku, All Might and the top three heroes as the new still unnamed fan-favourite reappears. This'll be interesting.

One Piece: Hell yeah Nami! Piss off Big Mom, it's the navigator's time to light up the sky. I wonder how Zoro's gonna be healed so that he can participate in the rest of this arc.
    Marco, most likely
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Anyone notice the scene in this week's One Piece of Sanji standing open collared suit with a bandage wrapped cross on his shoulder? Wonder if that that was an intentional or unintentional homage of Wolfwood from Trigun
    Wouldn't be the first homage to Trigun

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    If it's unintentional, is it still an homage, or just a coincidence?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

When you start coming to the conclusion that the fitting rooms is the worst part of working retail...Two people refusing to leave several minutes after close cause they're trying on items....

Extraordinary Member

I watched the Order 66 scene from Revenge of the Sith today, and it is shocking how much memory of that scene has been overwritten by Retcons.

Like, taken solely in a vacuum, the clones are very clearly working for Sidious in that scene, not the republic

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    When you start coming to the conclusion that the fitting rooms is the worst part of working retail...Two people refusing to leave several minutes after close cause they're trying on items....
    Worked at Old Navy as a teen. A few people refusing to leave cuz they're trying clothes on is better than some of what I found.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Or when they're using it as an emergency bathroom.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Entitled, much?

Sorry man.

For Great Clarity - I am referring to the customers with the above comment!
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-11-2021 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Horrible misunderstanding.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I apologize to be honest. Stressed out at work but yeah, it was uncalled for.

We do wish that they could at least not spend 15 minutes past close, ignoring our announcement we had to close registers, and asked us to help look for one more item in another size.

...Better than the customer who threw an item she wanted to return at me with no proof of purchase only to leave in a hurry telling me to call her once I did it. She came back days later mad but my managers stuck their guns on making it clear it was her responsibility to stay until I can actually return the item or can't.

I really hope to get more new hires soon...

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

No worries and no apology needed, man. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

We do wish that they could at least not spend 15 minutes past close, ignoring our announcement we had to close registers, and asked us to help look for one more item in another size.

...Better than the customer who threw an item she wanted to return at me with no proof of purchase only to leave in a hurry telling me to call her once I did it. She came back days later mad but my managers stuck their guns on making it clear it was her responsibility to stay until I can actually return the item or can't.

I really hope to get more new hires soon...
    I don’t think you need to apologise for anything, and in case you think the opposite, I don’t think Sharp was calling YOU entitled. I’m assuming he meant THEM.

As in “I’m entitled to be in here after closing if I’m still trying something on.”