I have to say that Donny Cates' Venom run is the best written version of the character that I've seen a long time. Cates' run has Venom/Eddie going through well-executed character development, which involves stripping away every preconception he's had of himself (including his persecution complex) and the people he's known so that he can gradually become a better person and a genuine hero. He's even accepted Peter as his friend, admitted that everything that he hated about him was his own fault, and stated that he wants to be the same hero that he is.

But what I'm most grateful for is that Venom is finally back to being normally proportioned man. He's no longer hulking mass of biceps.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Whelp first day of real school, emergencey training. CPR, kept my dummy alive ( green lights, good thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Whelp first day of real school, emergencey training. CPR, kept my dummy alive ( green lights, good thing.)
    Good stuff bro!

Yep in college for medicinal field. Figured Wnergencey response training would be helpful.

How’s everyone else doing?

My house is literally 15 miles away from the mandatory evacuation line of a giant fire lol. The sky is a horrific blood orange.

Could be better!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    My house is literally 15 miles away from the mandatory evacuation line of a giant fire lol. The sky is a horrific blood orange.

Could be better!
    Yikes. It's probably smart to go ahead and evacuate before they have to tell you. Get a head start.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Could be better!

Check this if you can

And yeah, if needed get to safety as quickly as possible. Good luck, I hope it doesn't get to your area.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-08-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Could be better!
    Stay safe, hoss!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Awesome, Chou!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Could be better!
    Stay safe out there Arbiter!

That goes for all of you too!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Would Cobra Kai be better or worse if you cut out the Love Triangles and focused more on the Karate?

Leaning towards the former myself.
    Eh to be frank, Karate Kid was never very good about conveying Karate. Even though Mr Miyagi is named after the founder of Goju-Ryu, his mastery of it is mainly window dressing, a campy kind of Orientalism in a fashion.

The franchise as a whole has always been more about the drama centred around the student-teacher dynamic...at least in the first 2, the 3rd and 4th were straight cash grabs.

That said, the action is a bit better in Cobra Kai, but like, if it doesn't mean anything I don't think more fight scenes would be better, necessarily.

Samantha and Demitri deserve some asswhoopings though. Never trust those damn Larussos =P

Thanks guys. Keeping a real close eye on stuff. Made a quick video of the highlights so far.

https://youtu.be/KDODeVGOeAM

Still not sure what caused that last fire. It was downtown right near my work.

The first 30 secs are my morning dog walk. Then a quick clip of conditions at 3pm. Then the fire at 6pm.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Thanks guys. Keeping a real close eye on stuff. Made a quick video of the highlights so far.

https://youtu.be/KDODeVGOeAM

Still not sure what caused that last fire. It was downtown right near my work.

The first 30 secs are my morning dog walk. Then a quick clip of conditions at 3pm. Then the fire at 6pm.
    So you're not next to the Gender reveal fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So you're not next to the Gender reveal fire?
    Nope. I mean, some of that smoke probably made it's way up here, but this fire is a totally different fire.
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'll not go on much because I know Guy gets antsy when we talk about politics.

But...

I did not expect, even without the supremely terrible the current administration in my country is, that the UK government would openly announce their intention to breach international law in parliament and thereby not only practically assure a No Deal Brexit but also cripple our ability to make international trade deals for years to come.

Like, I knew that Johnson was a feckless, idiotic, workshy, puppet in the hands of Dominic Cummings but I didn't think he would be this incompetent. But then, perhaps I can't blame him. Who could have predicted that getting into office riding a wave of mindless nationalism and the promise to deliver a good version of something that would be, by all reasonable projections, really bad for the country would put you in such a bad position in terms of governance.

Man.

I'd like to hit him and his whole useless cabinet with rake.