Page 621 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 12152157161161761861962062162262362462563167172111211621 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 36575

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, I heard, which is exactly why I was glad I’d missed it.

I hadn’t realised his dialogue was so bad as well.

In fact he’s kind of continuing with that same vein.

After he says that appalling line, She-Hulk thinks to herself “You could just say bones, honey. We all know you’re a god.”, which is a) making Thor look like an arrogant douche, and b) actually acknowledging that it was s shitty stupid line in the first place.

Here’s a crazy idea, Jason. When you think of a shitty piece of dialogue, how about NOT shoving it to Thor to say just so he looks like an ass-clown. How’s about just not printing it?
    But if Thor isn't treated like a complete ass-clown, how can we know that Jane FosThor/Janekyrie Foster is the greatest, strongest, bestest of the part of Marvel's Norse Mythology? Because I doubt even Marvel will let him turn Thor into a misogynist douchebag. Though he could make him into a drunken fratboy fat joke. I mean, they did it in the MCU, so why not the comics too?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

I have thankfully avoided Jason Aaron’s run on Thor, but I just caught some of his Thor writing by accident.

I read a preview of Avengers, which I didn’t know he was writing, and although some of it wasn’t terrible, his idea of Thor’s voice is just... what?!

I mean it’s bad enough that he refers to Cap as “Brother Steven”, but check out this horror sentence: “I feel it in my god-bones.”

It’s just... gah. I have no words.
    Don't talk **** about stories you haven't read

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Don't talk **** about stories you haven't read
    Pretty sure I didn’t. Other than saying “I’m glad I missed it.”, I didn’t comment on those stories. I commented on the specific words Thor used that I did read in the preview of Avengers.

So right back at you. Don’t criticise posts you clearly haven’t read.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Sharp fully endorses it.

Dude I’ve always wanted to learn Sambo.
    Difficult to find for you, right? Another reason for my hesitation, in France, Sambo is hard to find as well, unlike Judo for which you basically have a club in almost every city, and for once I have a club close to home .

So. Boris Johnson has now asked the Queen to prorogue (dissolve) parliament within a week of the new session starting in September so that nobody has time to get any laws through that would prevent him from driving us off a cliff with a no-deal Brexit in 31st October.

Good times.

Extraordinary Member

So. Boris Johnson has now asked the Queen to prorogue (dissolve) parliament within a week of the new session starting in September so that nobody has time to get any laws through that would prevent him from driving us off a cliff with a no-deal Brexit in 31st October.

Good times.
    Does she have to do that or can she tell him to shove his face down a toilette along with the request?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Does she have to do that or can she tell him to shove his face down a toilette along with the request?
    Technically she doesn’t have to, but generally she only uses her powers ceremonially. She’s pretty apolitical.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Technically she doesn’t have to, but generally she only uses her powers ceremonially. She’s pretty apolitical.
    Yeah, if she does refuse that creates a constitutional crisis on the scale that's not been since Charles I and that ended with him being executed and the English civil war so y'know... no pressure.

I will be attending the snap protests in Westminster tonight. I'll be interested to see what the turnout is.

BANNED

Irespective of Brexit I'm pretty sure suspending parliament for over a month would have pretty dire consequences for all the other things they are meant to do.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 08-28-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Difficult to find for you, right? Another reason for my hesitation, in France, Sambo is hard to find as well, unlike Judo for which you basically have a club in almost every city, and for once I have a club close to home .
    Sadly none of the Sambo schools are in my city. They’re all so far away.

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Cool.

Hey, if you're going into competitions, it means you have a solid base. That's good. We all tend to downgrade (or, in the case of people with big fat egos, upgrade) our capabilities. Because this takes place over years and years, it's hard to see the difference from when we first started - if you went back and tested yourself now against yourself then, I'm 100% sure you'd be amazed at how much you have improved. ^_^
    I resent this remark.

I have a massive ego, but am also pride myself on my objectivity. I take great pains to ensure that when I describe myself as a legendarily skilled warrior, I have done everything in my power to ensure that this is not a boast, but me simply speaking facts.

....Admittedly, I'm more of a humble-braggart these days. I'm more than satisfied going "I do okay." when asked if I'm good at anything...But that's mostly to stop me from dropping an epic monologue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    There is going to be new info on the next Yakuza game in a few days. It’ll be interesting to see the new protagonist in action.
    Yeah budddyyyy

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, Garry's Mod is definitely the most fun I ever had.

Any game where Dale Gribble is an NPC is an instant win in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I resent this remark.

I have a massive ego, but am also pride myself on my objectivity. I take great pains to ensure that when I describe myself as a legendarily skilled warrior, I have done everything in my power to ensure that this is not a boast, but me simply speaking facts.

....Admittedly, I'm more of a humble-braggart these days. I'm more than satisfied going "I do okay." when asked if I'm good at anything...But that's mostly to stop me from dropping an epic monologue.
    I have no desire to hear about you dropping logs, be they in mono, stereo or surround sound.