Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's Bruce Timm...and that's Shiva? And Ben Turner? And Richard Dragon (nice that they've decided to go with an Asian Richard Dragon, though making him look like Bruce Lee is meh for me).

Good stuff.
    It's a Shiva visual design that I don't hate.

Automatic win from me.

Also, I like the 70s kung fu movie vibe from it. Would prefer it they had leaned into that a bit more with the art direction but DC are still kind of homogenous on that front.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's a Shiva visual design that I don't hate.

Automatic win from me.
    In her modern look, they've borrowed a little from my favorite 'costume' of hers.

Also, I like the 70s kung fu movie vibe from it. Would prefer it they had leaned into that a bit more with the art direction but DC are still kind of homogenous on that front.
    They're really digging into the 'Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter' vibe from the original comics for the 'past' parts of the movie as well. Also, Dragon is voiced by Mark Dacascos. ^_^ I can sort of forgive the Bruce Lee vibe.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Saw the pilot a few days ago.

It was fun. Alastor is just the kind of nigh-omnipotent demented trickster character I can get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Saw the pilot a few days ago.

It was fun. Alastor is just the kind of nigh-omnipotent demented trickster character I can get into.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, he was a cannibal serial killer before going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Oh yeah, he was a cannibal serial killer before going to hell.
    I'm guessing potentially a devil worshiper too. It would explain his sheer power when he showed up, which Vaggie said was unheard of in newbies.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm guessing potentially a devil worshiper too. It would explain his sheer power when he showed up, which Vaggie said was unheard of in newbies.
    I figured he was meant to be Alastor Crowley.

Famous historical figure, dark magician and Satanist. Literally had a Black Sabbath song written about him.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

tried to write today. my hands froze and i felt tears coming in my eyes. all i hear in my head was "don't bother. no one cares."

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    tried to write today. my hands froze and i felt tears coming in my eyes. all i hear in my head was "don't bother. no one cares."
    Don't ever tell yourself that man. You are awesome! You are amazing! You are loved and you are a damn good writer.
    Heck, you can always write for fun until you find your muse again to continue your story.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

You accomplished something that others only dream of. You wrote a book. Heck, my husband has been trying to write a book for the past 21 years, and he is still working on it/hasn't finished it yet. You did something amazing simply by completing it, so don't sell yourself short.

Edit: grampagen is right in that you might just need a break. Switch to doing something else and try not to think about it too much. Give your mind, and your nerves a rest.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-19-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Take heart man, you did something a lot haven’t. You got published and got kickass art for it.

If it heartens you, I’m actually going to read it in the next few days. I can have a review up by like next Wednesday.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 11-19-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

You've wrote great stuff, fun stuff really. I know that feeling back then but don't let it convince you to stop altogether.

I admit, I probably acted far worse feeling that the people who I discuss with on writing don't give a damn about my efforts and treat me like a moron who doesn't have any compelling things to write about. I was glad to know that wasn't the case. Hell, I cried bout it at times.

It sucks now but you done so much that I find is honestly awesome stuff.

Ah man, sounds like quite a low period for you. It happens, and I imagine moreso with the length of labour involved in making a novel saga.

You're ambitious, dude, but maybe you just need a break from the craft for a little while? Take some distance, reset, and I'm sure you'll find the spark again.

Remember, you wanted to write this story because you have a vision you truly wanted to share. I'm confident you'll find it in you to channel the proper voice the writing deserves in time.

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like you're having a rough time, and seeing how it's been a rough year for you that's natural. It hurts to work hard on something, put it and yourself out there for the world to see and not get the response you were hoping for. But I for one find it amazing that you manager to puls that off.

As a person who is writing something very very slowly I am astound that you were able to buckle down and write a book. At to self publish it takes a lot of guts.

Right now it's though, so maybe it's time for a break to re-center yourself and find your drive again.

You're funny and clever, and getting this far is an accomplishment in and of itself.