Page 2404 of 2465 FirstFirst ... 1404190423042354239424002401240224032404240524062407240824142454 ... LastLast
Results 36,046 to 36,060 of 36962
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, my work's firewall is now cutting off manga sites. It had to happen, sooner or later.

This is going to put a crimp in my romance manhwa reading.
    Any luck with remoting in to your home computer, or something?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Any luck with remoting in to your home computer, or something?
    Sadly nope. They have all kinds of protections against that kind of thing.

Just means I'll need to pick out a time of day when I'm home to sit for a half hour and read them. ^_^ Granted, that will become easier when I retire.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So Bluestring universe which is the universe of the manhwa To Not Die s apart of is mostly Manhwas about bullying and gang stuff. a entire Manhwa universe mostly foucsing on bullying and gang stuff.

Also speaking of Manhwa the fans of the Manhwa Sweet home, tore into Season 2 of Netflix's adaptation. They did not have any good things to say about, and they have a right to complain. Season 2 of Sweet home lost the point of what manhwa was about by a mile. To compare Sweet Home Season 1 and the Manhwa = Resident Evil 1 while Sweet Home Season 2 = Resident Evil 6.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

I've finally found a writing rhythm that works for me.

It's not a lot, just at least 200 words a day (except for fridays). But I've been able to produce that much consistently since the start of the year. Which is a great improvement over failing to meet other goals and quickly spiraling into debilitating self-loathing.

And on my days off I can write a lot more than that. Which is nice and feels like a bonus for the story.

So while I'm still just kinda starting jotting down a story that's been in my head for years it feels nice to have some progress. Really looking forward to having an ugly little first draft that I can spruce up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

It's not a lot, just at least 200 words a day (except for fridays). But I've been able to produce that much consistently since the start of the year. Which is a great improvement over failing to meet other goals and quickly spiraling into debilitating self-loathing.
    Isn't it funny how choosing something small but manageable produces tremendously better than going bonkers then crashing all the time?

So while I'm still just kinda starting jotting down a story that's been in my head for years it feels nice to have some progress. Really looking forward to having an ugly little first draft that I can spruce up.
    Sounds good!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Yep. I know, weird right?

I mean, I don't BLAME them for cutting me off or anything. I can't check anything RPG related (including PbP boards) any more because 'Games!' so they get axed. And that's fair as well.

Someday I'll probably lose access to forums, as well.
    You could try pre-loading/save/scraping pages onto your phone or a tablet to bring with you, so you have local copies to read from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    You could try pre-loading/save/scraping pages onto your phone or a tablet to bring with you, so you have local copies to read from.
    Interesting idea! Will consider.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

And on my days off I can write a lot more than that. Which is nice and feels like a bonus for the story.

Nice stuff. I should try finding time myself I think.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Constantly expanding the family lore of my characters and even some are admitting there are things not easily explained.

Like Maxtaro's great grandfather may have an idea why most of the family are inherently tough going from street level to arguably peak human (with most of the narrative BS that comes with it) at their best...But the man is long been dead and Maxtaro's grandfather is just as lost bout previous family history while also having nothing but bitter memories of the con artist of a father who abandoned him to an orphanage as a child.

At least Maxtaro's love interests family history at least linked to people with tiger spirits.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Constantly expanding the family lore of my characters and even some are admitting there are things not easily explained.

Like Maxtaro's great grandfather may have an idea why most of the family are inherently tough going from street level to arguably peak human (with most of the narrative BS that comes with it) at their best...But the man is long been dead and Maxtaro's grandfather is just as lost bout previous family history while also having nothing but bitter memories of the con artist of a father who abandoned him to an orphanage as a child.

At least Maxtaro's love interests family history at least linked to people with tiger spirits.
    Its fun when fleshing out one backstory ends up fleshing out the world and/or other aspects of the cast as well.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Its fun when fleshing out one backstory ends up fleshing out the world and/or other aspects of the cast as well.
    Oh yeah. I hear that.

Maxtaro's grandfather Lent and his best friends Enishi and Nanako (those two being Kyoko's grandparents) grew up in the same orphanage and were treated poorly because of it. Then Lent and Enishi joined the JSDF and went through peacekeeping operations before both eventually left with their friendship supposedly over due to major disagreement and misunderstandings (they planned a business together...They just didn't really explain to each other what the business would actually be as Lent wanted to be a carpenter while Enishi wanted to be a fisherman). They go back in town reuniting with Nanako...And crazy stuff happened akin to a Yakuza game where they become urban legends for a bit until things finally calmed down running respective businesses and having families.

...That's honestly just background fluff atm.

Sadly nope. They have all kinds of protections against that kind of thing.

Just means I'll need to pick out a time of day when I'm home to sit for a half hour and read them. ^_^ Granted, that will become easier when I retire.
    I'll never retire.....if I can help it. I'd go crazy if I wasn't working.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Nice.

I see spoilers:
    Sequid-man (with some haunting changes to that encounter), Omnipotus, Immortal vs. Allen, that one fight against the Lizard League that goes real bad, Angstrom's whole revenge bit and just the briefest appearance of one of the evil Invincibles. And more obviously, but those are the most interesting bits to me.
    end of spoilers

Seems like a stacked second part.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't it funny how choosing something small but manageable produces tremendously better than going bonkers then crashing all the time?

Sounds good!
    Indeed. I'm currently writing with stuff semi-planned out and just allowing myself to be flexible (I.E. make **** up on the spot) for the details. If I like something I can keep it and if I don't like it I can remove it later.

I also don't need to have every detail planned out right now. Letting go of that helps a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Nice stuff. I should try finding time myself I think.
    I usually get in my 200 words after dinner on week days. By then I've usually released all work related tensions so they don't clogg up the writing.