A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Hey welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Good seeing you again, Ghost
    I do feel welcome. I was sorta worried I'd come back and the whole board would be gone, or all of you guys would have moved on to other things and the place would be full of strangers.

It's nice to see things haven't changed much.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    I do feel welcome. I was sorta worried I'd come back and the whole board would be gone, or all of you guys would have moved on to other things and the place would be full of strangers.

It's nice to see things haven't changed much.
    You assume we all have something better to do with our lives than hang around this forum.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Huh. This place is still here, and you lot are still alive.

This pleases me.
    First Peter comes back, now you? Why are all these exceedingly nice people coming back to torment us with kindness and conscience? I enjoy the cesspool that this place has become! BEGONE, DAMN YOU!

Seriously, it's good to have you back, Ghost.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-12-2020 at 10:52 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Hey Ghost! Good to see you!

And yeah, everyone has a Miburo deficiency and Dog is indeed a evil, marauding AI (although if you stay on his good side he’s got some subroutines that are really good at bitcoin mining, so y’know... swings and roundabouts).

For my part, I’m mostly just feral these days. Turns out being an anti-social freak like me is an advantage in an apocalyptic lockdown scenario. In the land of the friendless, the anti-social man is king, or something.

Got any new swords recently?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

New chapter of Gosu and I am audibly booing.

Also, welcome back Ghost. Glad to see you are alive!

Extraordinary Member

This pleases me.
    *gasps*

The other Swedish member of the board!!!

Huzzah, our numbers are very slowly growing. We can at some point in time honor our viking ancestors and pillade this whole place for what it's worth!

Also, hi man. Great to see you.

Man, Undead Unluck continuing at breakneck pace this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    First Peter comes back, now you? Why are all these exceedingly nice people coming back to torment us with kindness and conscience? I enjoy the cesspool that this place has become! BEGONE, DAMN YOU!
    I'll have you know I've grown quite jaded over the years, to the point of actually being a bit aggressive in online discussions, recklessly wielding rapier wit and searing sarcasm, after which I feel bad about it for a while and promise myself to do better. But I never do.

Basically, I've become a monster, and everything I swore to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    For my part, I’m mostly just feral these days. Turns out being an anti-social freak like me is an advantage in an apocalyptic lockdown scenario. In the land of the friendless, the anti-social man is king, or something.
    I hear you man. I've basically been a hikikomori for years, then suddenly a pandemic breaks out and I learn that what other people call "quarantine" and "social distancing" is pretty much just my normal life-style.

Got any new swords recently?
    Nah, turns out that frivolously buying rad **** requires the ability to make decisions and then commit to them, which is apparently something I'm no longer very good at. My psychologist suggested there's something wrong with my executive functions.

There's a few blades I've had my eye on for a while, but I always balk at the logistics and get nervous. So instead I've been saving my money, being all involuntarily responsible.

I did buy a 3D printer a while back. Haven't really used it much, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Also, welcome back Ghost. Glad to see you are alive!
    Thank you, Nik. I too am glad to still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    *gasps*

The other Swedish member of the board!!!

Huzzah, our numbers are very slowly growing. We can at some point in time honor our viking ancestors and pillade this whole place for what it's worth!

Also, hi man. Great to see you.
    Salutations, countryman. I hope I'll stick around longer this time than I have in the past.

You know, I joined a writer community earlier this year and I think there's like three or four other Swedes back there, noticeably more than I'd usually run into anyway. Not sure what's up with that.
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

This pleases me.
    Does this mean the mecha game is back in the cards?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

So saw people mentioning that Kaiju No. 8 is an underappreciated gem in Jump at the moment so, as I'm sucker for fringe stuff, I checked it out.

And holy **** it's pretty rad. The art work is awesome, the plot is fun, the tone is a good mix of serious and comedic. Really good little series thus far, would recommend other people check it out.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Man, Undead Unluck continuing at breakneck pace this week.
    Meanwhile in Chainsaw man:
    spoilers:
    Denji killed the Nazis.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Does this mean the mecha game is back in the cards?
    I mean, I think I still have all the notes and pictures, so it's not like I couldn't get back on that.

There was also this Isekai-style fantasy RPG I was working on that I thought was pretty promising.

Main problem would be that I'm currently in the throes of a serious writer's block that I'll have to work through if I'm going to do anything productive at all.
    -Homer Simpson.

-Homestuck.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I mean, I think I still have all the notes and pictures, so it's not like I couldn't get back on that.

There was also this Isekai-style fantasy RPG I was working on that I thought was pretty promising.

Main problem would be that I'm currently in the throes of a serious writer's block that I'll have to work through if I'm going to do anything productive at all.
    Writer's block is indeed a tough opponent- one I can't say I've ever managed to truly beat.

Best of luck in your battle against it.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

While on the subject, anything I should know vis-a-vis the rules regarding running RPGs around here? And also, like, in general?

I checked the Rules sticky thread but it seems very out of date. (Among other things stipulating there shall be no Downtown Khazan, a rule which is clearly no longer enforced.)
    -Homer Simpson.

-Homestuck.