A new Kengan Omega chapter is out and the start of this fight is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I’m with you, hoss. I miss a fully controlled party.
    People seem too impatient for that these days. Sad we are in the minority. Looks good though.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

So, I've decided to stop drinking. At least to the degree and semi-regularity I have so far. Part of it is health reasons - it turns out my diabetes has taken a turn for the worse, to the point where my kidneys are at risk of getting messed up. Of course, there are other factors involved than just my occasional heavy alcohol consumption, but quitting booze is an easier change for me than for example drastically altering my diet.

Also, I don't really like what that stuff does to me anyway. It's a great way to unwind and manage anxiety, but it's a bit too relaxing: Makes me kinda dull and even more prone to never getting anything done than usual. Plus, it was always sorta expensive.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    So, I've decided to stop drinking. At least to the degree and semi-regularity I have so far. Part of it is health reasons - it turns out my diabetes has taken a turn for the worse, to the point where my kidneys are at risk of getting messed up. Of course, there are other factors involved than just my occasional heavy alcohol consumption, but quitting booze is an easier change for me than for example drastically altering my diet.

Also, I don't really like what that stuff does to me anyway. It's a great way to unwind and manage anxiety, but it's a bit too relaxing: Makes me kinda dull and even more prone to never getting anything done than usual. Plus, it was always sorta expensive.
    Nothing wrong with identifying a problem and taking the steps needed to fix it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Sounds like a good move. I had a sober phase where I was completely drug and alcohol free for like... five and a half years? Basically 18 - 24 or thereabouts. Did university with no booze at all, I got back into weed very casually when I was 21 but that didn't stick.

Now my late twenties were much more indulgent haha. Stopped smoking weed regularly about four... years ago, barring a small resurgence due to bereavement and leaping to drugs and alcohol as a coping mechanism. Now I just drink every so often. Likely a little more than I should, pandemic certainly hasn't helped there.

But yeah, be healthy dude.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Really? Dude, really?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Really? Dude, really?
    ooooh.

are you guys gonna fight about it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Really? Dude, really?
    I hadnt refreshed the page so didnt se yours

Extraordinary Member

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post

I can't speak for drinking since I never did but in terms of dealing with anxiety that can be more complicated. I have found that exercise, physical activity helps. Also getting out, going for a walk, or just a change of environemnt can help.

It's good that you are taking positive steps. Good luck with it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.