Page 2446 of 2463 FirstFirst ... 144619462346239624362442244324442445244624472448244924502456 ... LastLast
Results 36,676 to 36,690 of 36943

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I've been consuming Frieren content purely through clips like this and it seems pretty fun
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Latest episode of One Piece had the start of Luffy and Lucci's rematch and the animators really went all in on it. Looked crazy beautiful.

Can't wait for them to get to the part where Luffy takes down Lucci with his wacky powers.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I've been consuming Frieren content purely through clips like this and it seems pretty fun
    It's has been one of the only manga I regularly read in years (I read a lot of manhua, but manga has mostly become something I don't enjoy any more), and THE only manga for which I've both purchased volumes and watched the anime.

The anime isn't - in my opinion - as good as the manga. It's fantastic, and mostly grasps the moody, nostalgic, slow feeling off the manga, and the actual animation is utterly gorgeous. But for all that the fight sequences have become more beautiful and flashy, the anime has chosen to drag them out into these super-long affairs. It wasn't so obvious in the beginning, when a two page fight became a one-two minute fight in the anime, but when we hit the First Class Mage test arc the whole thing gets dragged out into like...eight episodes that are mostly fights.

Not saying the anime is BAD, it's not. It's really good, I enjoyed it. But it drags in places due to this, and the manga is better (also better at hitting the punchlines of jokes, but that's a different story).

I highly recommend both, anyway.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I will also second Frieren the Manga, at least. Haven't seen the show, but the manga is one of the handful I'm following now, and it's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's has been one of the only manga I regularly read in years (I read a lot of manhua, but manga has mostly become something I don't enjoy any more), and THE only manga for which I've both purchased volumes and watched the anime.

The anime isn't - in my opinion - as good as the manga. It's fantastic, and mostly grasps the moody, nostalgic, slow feeling off the manga, and the actual animation is utterly gorgeous. But for all that the fight sequences have become more beautiful and flashy, the anime has chosen to drag them out into these super-long affairs. It wasn't so obvious in the beginning, when a two page fight became a one-two minute fight in the anime, but when we hit the First Class Mage test arc the whole thing gets dragged out into like...eight episodes that are mostly fights.

Not saying the anime is BAD, it's not. It's really good, I enjoyed it. But it drags in places due to this, and the manga is better (also better at hitting the punchlines of jokes, but that's a different story).

I highly recommend both, anyway.
    Ah so it has the Dragonball effect.

I've been hearing good things about it all over the place so I might check it out
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

why haven't we included blasto and bubin into the wilson family storyline? they seem perfect to visit wade and the fam.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Latest episode of One Piece had the start of Luffy and Lucci's rematch and the animators really went all in on it. Looked crazy beautiful.

Can't wait for them to get to the part where Luffy takes down Lucci with his wacky powers.

Aww yeah, that's the stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I will also second Frieren the Manga, at least. Haven't seen the show, but the manga is one of the handful I'm following now, and it's nice.
    I'm catching up on the english dub of the anime right now.

It's really good. I love the mood of it, and the characters are immensely enjoyable.

Will probably read the manga from wherever the anime ends.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 04-07-2024 at 01:09 PM.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Boing boing. Boing boing.

BOING!

Dragonball Z meets Looney Tunes.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm catching up on the english dub of the anime right now.

It's really good. I love the mood of it, and the characters are immensely enjoyable.

Will probably read the manga from wherever the anime ends.
    Awesome.

I feel that giving the whole manga a shot (it's not THAT far in thus far in the anime) is a good plan - I find the manga to be superior, and worth reading the up to where the anime is now as well as beyond.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!