Page 2418 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 141819182318236824082414241524162417241824192420242124222428 ... LastLast
Results 36,256 to 36,270 of 36908

Jujutsu Kaisen: spoilers:
    Ah dammit. Kinji, you fucking jinx: Thanks to you, we're really doing the "This isn't even my final form!" trope for Sukuna. In that case, I'm hoping that Shoko and Utahime can successfully revive Gojo, so that he, Yuta, Maki and Kinji can jump him.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ah dammit. Kinji, you fucking jinx: Thanks to you, we're really doing the "This isn't even my final form!" trope for Sukuna. In that case, I'm hoping that Shoko and Utahime can successfully revive Gojo, so that he, Yuta, Maki and Kinji can jump him.
    end of spoilers
    To be fair, we already knew Sukuna had a card he hadn't played because of his fight with Jogo

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

one of the controversial standoffs in US history. wendigoon does a great job of being objective and looking at all the facts from both sides.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Apparently in Chile in 2003 to avoid cutting directly into commercial breaks when airing the Star Wars original trilogy on TV they created a more uhh, integrated type of commercial

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Nice continuation with some cool action shots for Maki. But apparently Sukuna isn't really going all out as the current fight isn't as interesting as the one against Gojo for him. Also nice to see a little more of Uraume vs. Hakari, or at least how it's going, that's a fun match-up.
    end of spoilers

One Piece: spoilers:
    It's always nice to see the rest of the world reacting to stuff. And Luffy using such powerful opponents as pizzas is just delightful. That final page possibly indicating that the other four elders will appear is quite ominous though. I don't think the Straw Hats are ready for all of them at once.
    end of spoilers

SPY X FAMILY: YES! School dance arc!!! It is just as silly, fun and adorable as I was hoping. Also nice to see that Anya has gotten some respect in the school.

RuriDragon: It's finally back! I hope the author has recovered properly now. And it's just as pleasant as expected. Just a half-dragon half-human teenage girl finding out that she has lightning powers on top of everything else. Good stuff.

My Forum check it out

Undead Unluck: spoilers:
    Well damn, Beast can even revitalize extinct species and share his assimilated attributes with them. It also seems as though Phase 3 transformations permits MR UMAs access to some of Sun's power to circumvent requirements to execute their own rules, top of making them more powerful. And the new Unbreakable armor that Haruka crafted for Top is absolutely sick looking. I do have believe that Beast is going to escape since Sick wasn't even killed off, and that Tozuka intends to set-up an ultimate confrontation between the Master Rules and the Negators. It's getting insane just how many avenues the main characters are receiving to expand the interpretations of their Negations, and even how to compound them with Soul Manipulation. To say nothing of what they may gain when their memories are restored of the previous loop.
    end of spoilers

Spy x Family: Awww, this is a cute chapter. And Loid, you ain't fooling anybody with your rationalizations, ya big Tsundere dad.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-05-2024 at 11:54 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

thank you, sting.

Switched over to passkey for my PSN account and it's been working great for me.
    My Forum check it out

My Forum check it out

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This is incredibly dumb. Edit: no, this is beyond incredibly dumb, by a long shot. I cannot imagine the minds that thought this was a good idea, from the teacher to the students themselves (more the teacher than the students).

Worse, the teacher's first thought was clearly for themselves. They then tried to figure out a way to cover it up rather than calling 911 (it took them 20 minutes to decide to call 911 when that should have been the first step).

Then the school tried to cover it up (see: Assistant Vice-Principal's report).

WTF?

Like, the swords were probably wallhangers, not prop swords (Edit: alternately, one of them - the katana - had damage on the blade and that tore open the girl's arm...damage, I don't know, resulting from having completely unskilled people smacking them against each other and not having safety checks and such?). The problem is that wallhangers can have edges, and even if they're made of inferior steel and the edge is crappier than a paring knife, a sword is a lever and a shitty edge can still cut.

I've done live-blade 'sparring' with knives. It was done at slo-mo speeds (literally slo-mo - not 'casual', but moving at the speed where some people were making Six Million Dollar Man sounds) and was more about blade awareness and smooth motion than 'trying to win'. And it was reserved for the people with years of experience in a school that trained with knives as a matter of course. All under the eye of the teacher who would immediately stop any pair of people if he caught any hint of competitive behavior or speeding up in the slightest. And before we did this, we were encouraged to press the blade gently against our own wrists, windpipe, and closed eyelids (very...gently) as a reminder.

And this was with knives, not long-blades, which...have more control issues, more force behind them even moving slowly, longer edges that can create better draw, and so forth. And you don't parry with knives (despite some Hollywood bullshit) unless they're bowie-sized or such, so there's never any contact even on defense. Contact can lead to further loss of control or danger to the limb. Or adrenaline/fear and escalation.

Handing swords - not even knives, which would STILL be beyond the pale, but swords - to high-school students (sorry high-school students, but teenagers are generally more excitable due to hormone changes and such) with no training and having them fight it out competitively in front of their peers? Even when asking them to 'hold back' (notoriously hard to do in something competitive, especially when inexperienced)?

This is criminal, as is covering it up afterwards, and people should have been charged.

NOT the students, mind. They weren't thinking either, but the fault lies with the person responsible for them who encouraged this.

Gaaaah.
    This is going to be more ammo for the anti-HEMA dudes, too. It's fucking stupid.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.