Page 887 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 38778783787788388488588688788888989089189793798713871887 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,305 of 36799
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    *raises hand* I am.

On a basic level I really like his lowkey intensity which can give way to rare moments of him excitedly howling out murderous intent. And as far as edgey bad guy designs go I really like Dabi's. It's kinda subdued compared to others, but the plethora of burned skin and staples is striking to me. It tells you that this guy is used to pain out of necessity rather than desire which makes me interested in how that came about.

Granted, a lot of why I'm so interested is conjecture tied to the mystery of his identity and the possibility of him being Touya Todoroki and all the story potential of that. Which, if true, would just open up a massive can of story worms. Especially for Todoroki. Dabi would be his long lost brother that he has to save, a dangerous serial killer he has to stopp and a physical manifestation of Endeavor's abuse that he'd need to confront all wrapped up into one person.

So in short, I just think Dabi's a cool villain with a lot of story potential brewing within him that hasn't had the chance to erupt yet since he has been focused on as much as some of his companions. But Horikoshi has left plenty of crumbs that entice towards the character and his hidden story.
    Duly noted. Thank you for sharing ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    wait. she actually caught her and put her in arkham?

there's hope for you yet, kate. not much but some.
    Outplayed her and locked her up.

So that's one arrest and one capture in sixteen episodes. Looks like Kate might finally be learning. She's on a roll right now so hopefully she can keep it up.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

*raises hand* I am.

On a basic level I really like his lowkey intensity which can give way to rare moments of him excitedly howling out murderous intent. And as far as edgey bad guy designs go I really like Dabi's. It's kinda subdued compared to others, but the plethora of burned skin and staples is striking to me. It tells you that this guy is used to pain out of necessity rather than desire which makes me interested in how that came about.

Granted, a lot of why I'm so interested is conjecture tied to the mystery of his identity and the possibility of him being Touya Todoroki and all the story potential of that. Which, if true, would just open up a massive can of story worms. Especially for Todoroki. Dabi would be his long lost brother that he has to save, a dangerous serial killer he has to stopp and a physical manifestation of Endeavor's abuse that he'd need to confront all wrapped up into one person.

So in short, I just think Dabi's a cool villain with a lot of story potential brewing within him that hasn't had the chance to erupt yet since he has been focused on as much as some of his companions. But Horikoshi has left plenty of crumbs that entice towards the character and his hidden story.
    Well said, DS.

have i mentioned how much i LOATHED esdeath?
    You and me both, buddy.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

have i mentioned how much i LOATHED esdeath?
    No, but I am legitimately curious. Though I have to admit I've not read/watched Akame ga Kill.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    That's a good point. Here's hoping we get that throwdown this arc.

Speaking of throwdowns, anybody else hoping for a Toga VS Uravity Rematch?
    Thought a few more practical reason why the doctor hasn't give the League extra quirks.
    - Unless you're All For One it's not exactly easy or painless to give a person a new quirk. So if the offer was made they probably opted out.
    - It's also been established that getting more than one quirk, at least the way the doctor hands them out, can be a massive strain on the body. It's the reason why Nomus a basically remote controlled vegetables in terms of brain capacity.
    - I'm pretty sure that the doctor is devoting all his attention to his special "Turn Shigaraki into a super-monster" project right now.

And I would absolutely love the suggested match ups. But we'll see if we get there, Dabi and Endeavor are basically on opposite ends of the city and Uravity and Toga aren't exactly near each other either. But one can always hope. Though I am currently most interested in seeing Gigantomachia get unleashed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    First time I wished my prediction for the outcome would be wrong. But I was right.

Next match is both odd and logical at the same time. It's a weird franchise crossover, but I get why they're matched up (it's pretty obvious).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    No, but I am legitimately curious. Though I have to admit I've not read/watched Akame ga Kill.
    Oh, Esdeath is a delight. By which I mean that she's an absolute horror and she kinda revels in that.

The first time we see her she's conquered an entire kingdom and doomed all of its inhabitants to freeze to death, and she's broken said kingdom's heroic champion and turned him into her footlicking slave. And she just keeps being that level of awful. At the same time she's constantly cheerful and has a joie de vivre that basically never falters.

And much like Madara Uchiha, Esdeath can back up all of her horrible actions with some serious superpowers. She's basically the strongest person in the series and it's like "Oh, you don't like that she's doing awful things. That's fine, just go stop her. Oh wait, you can't.", which can be very frustrating at times.

Oh, Esdeath is a delight. By which I mean that she's an absolute horror and she kinda revels in that.

The first time we see her she's conquered an entire kingdom and doomed all of its inhabitants to freeze to death, and she's broken said kingdom's heroic champion and turned him into her footlicking slave. And she just keeps being that level of awful. At the same time she's constantly cheerful and has a joie de vivre that basically never falters.

And much like Madara Uchiha, Esdeath can back up all of her horrible actions with some serious superpowers. She's basically the strongest person in the series and it's like "Oh, you don't like that she's doing awful things. That's fine, just go stop her. Oh wait, you can't.", which can be very frustrating at times.
    Don't forget how she explicitly permits her men to pillage and rape all they want once they've conquered a territory. Or that she allows some survivors only so that their hatred of her will lead to another battle/war for her to indulge her insatiable bloodlust.

So yeah, she's a psychotic, irredeemable monster.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Duly noted. Thank you for sharing ^_^
    You're welcome.

It was fun to put into words.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Don't forget how she explicitly permits her men to pillage and rape all they want once they've conquered a territory. Or that she allows some survivors only so that their hatred of her will lead to another battle/war for her to indulge her insatiable bloodlust.

So yeah, she's a psychotic, irredeemable monster.
    I'm assuming she's the villain of the piece, yes?

Precisely.

Extraordinary Member

She's one of the villains. Arguably she's not even the worst one.

She's definitely the most powerful antagonist in the series, but I'd say that Syura and the members of the Wild Hunt have Esdeath beat in terms of being vile and heinous individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Precisely.
    Had to check, wasn't sure if this was one of them edgelord-y anime.

She's one of the villains. Arguably she's not even the worst one.

She's definitely the most powerful antagonist in the series, but I'd say that Syura and the members of the Wild Hunt have Esdeath beat in terms of being vile and heinous individuals.
    Sounds like she's an effective villain insofar as she gets heat from the readers in the way you've expressed.

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like she's an effective villain insofar as she gets heat from the readers in the way you've expressed.
    She is amazingly effective as a villain. I'm pretty sure that she's the second most popular character from the show, after the titular heroine.

I myself don't actually hate her, I recognise that she's awful and all that but also that she is one of the most memorable characters from the series.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 03-23-2020 at 01:29 PM.