Page 656 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 15655660664665265365465565665765865966066670675611561656 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 36796
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hold up Drive Knight!?!

DOING THINGS?!

I swear if they cut away from this next chapter I will be annoyed.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

last couple of days, houston has been getting hit by waves upon waves of rain. half the city was underwater yesterday. but that didn't stop this guy from getting his whataburger fix.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    last couple of days, houston has been getting hit by waves upon waves of rain. half the city was underwater yesterday. but that didn't stop this guy from getting his whataburger fix.

Looks like the premise for a Burger Commercial.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Wow. The advertising writes itself here.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looks like the premise for a Burger Commercial.
    lol. naw. whataburger doesn't do stunts like this for their commericals. they just let the food do the talking. lol

so apparently, among female one piece reactors..........katakuri is a sex symbol.

guess we should call him "hot-akuri" now.

Extraordinary Member

Just read the first issue of the Spider-man mini written by JJ Abrams and his son and I am annoyed and disappointed but intrigued.

Big old spoilers going forward.

spoilers:
    The big thing is that Mary Jane is killed on like page 6 by the new villain Cadaverous. This is not the 616 universe, in this one Peter and MJ had a son named Ben. After the funeral we jump forward 12 years. Ben and Peter have a bad relationship, Peter has stopped being Spider-man and dumped raising Ben onto May while he flies around the world for some reason. Cadaverous is sitting around somewhere and has a female figure in a big old science lab tank. Ben discovers he has powers and that his father used to be Spider-man.

There's a few interesting things set up for the story and I get that the father/son writing team wanted to do a father/son story. But I really hate that they had to kill Mary Jane as an excuse to get this emotional reaction from Peter and have her serve as some inspiring figure for Peter and Ben rather than an actual character (which is particularly annoying since the promotional material made it seem like MJ would have a more active role in the story rather than this passive dead mommy role for the angsting male characters). Maybe she'll get revived or something down the line, but as far as I'm concerned the story has already earned its refrigerator mark.

The art is really nice though.
    end of spoilers

I'm sticking with it, but only so I can actually see what's going on here and have a proper opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Just read the first issue of the Spider-man mini written by JJ Abrams and his son and I am annoyed and disappointed but intrigued.

spoilers:
    The big thing is that Mary Jane is killed on like page 6 by the new villain Cadaverous. This is not the 616 universe, in this one Peter and MJ had a son named Ben. After the funeral we jump forward 12 years. Ben and Peter have a bad relationship, Peter has stopped being Spider-man and dumped raising Ben onto May while he flies around the world for some reason. Cadaverous is sitting around somewhere and has a female figure in a big old science lab tank. Ben discovers he has powers and that his father used to be Spider-man.

There's a few interesting things set up for the story and I get that the father/son writing team wanted to do a father/son story. But I really hate that they had to kill Mary Jane as an excuse to get this emotional reaction from Peter and have her serve as some inspiring figure for Peter and Ben rather than an actual character (which is particularly annoying since the promotional material made it seem like MJ would have a more active role in the story rather than this passive dead mommy role for the angsting male characters). Maybe she'll get revived or something down the line, but as far as I'm concerned the story has already earned its refrigerator mark.

end of spoilers

I'm sticking with it, but only so I can actually see what's going on here and have a proper opinion.
    just..........no.

but kudos to you for sticking with it

BANNED

just..........no.

TBH I don't hate it going by synopsis, but I'm not really interested because interpritation of Peter and MJ's kids will ever top Mayday.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 09-20-2019 at 02:31 PM.

BANNED

lol. naw. whataburger doesn't do stunts like this for their commericals. they just let the food do the talking. lol
    Yeah, and they stay open til they literally can't anymore. Back in High School our town was flooding bad and I was 2 low-water crossings from my after school job at Whataburger, and when I was able to get back a few days later they made a big show of giving goldish plastic pins to the guys who were there and flipping burgers amidst the worst.

Extraordinary Member

just..........no.

I usually don't do that. If I don't like a series or if the first issue/episode has this many red flags I usually drop it and never look back.

But this time will be an exception. I am curious enough to want to know the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Yeah, and they stay open til they literally can't anymore. Back in High School our town was flooding bad and I was 2 low-water crossings from my after school job at Whataburger, and when I was able to get back a few days later they made a big show of giving goldish plastic pins to the guys who were there and flipping burgers amidst the worst.
    Yea, but have they earned Waffle House's level of "never closes" ?

Behold, the Waffle House Index !

"The measure is based on the reputation of Waffle House for having good disaster preparedness and staying open during extreme weather, or reopening quickly afterwards. The index has three levels:

• GREEN: full menu – restaurant has power and damage is limited or no damage at all.
    • YELLOW: limited menu – no power or only power from a generator, or food supplies may be low.
    • RED: the restaurant is closed – indicating severe damage or severe flooding"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    yep. down here. whataburger just isn't another burger joint. it's part of the identity of texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Yeah, not going to read this one. They just got back together in canon, dammit. I don't need a story where she's been fridged for the sake of plot; and frankly, nothing contends with Renew Your Vows as far as Spider Family adventures are concerned.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

So, the Area 51 "raid" happened today, and it was mostly a small group of people having fun and dicking around. One person slipped in and was immediately caught and held for a little bit before being released.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis