*continues to eat popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hehehehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    ...I was going to ask if that....

God dammit.

We both know it's a short joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I had to strike where I knew it would hurt. Cut you down to size, if you will.
    ...jeez, Subby. Haven't seen the claws out from you in a long time! O_O

This is like going to smell a flower, only to have it spring to life and cut you with a straight razor.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I forgot this was even a thing. What a waste of money.
    I don't think I get what you guys are objecting to here?

It's an adaptation of the Injustice comics/games. Is it the story? The production? What's your big ahahaha moment here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

It's an adaptation of the Injustice comics/games. Is it the story? The production? What's your big ahahaha moment here?
    Perhaps they believe creating it was the greatest... Injustice?

D'ohohohohohoho
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

The story I would guess.

Injustice has become something of a poster boy for "What if Superman went evil" storylines that some fans are just tired of.

It also has a bit of "Batman is always right" And "Isn't Harley Quinn just the best" in its narrative, which are DC tropes that aren't exactly popular around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The story I would guess.

Injustice has become something of a poster boy for "What if Superman went evil" storylines that some fans are just tired of.

It also has a bit of "Batman is always right" And "Isn't Harley Quinn just the best" in its narrative, which are DC tropes that aren't exactly popular around here.
    I don't know, I felt like Guy1's use of a laughing video was meant to imply some kind of "Gotcha," beyond "The Injustice storyline is still kind of hackneyed,"

The "joke" is that the game itself was effectively already a 4-5 hour movie with brief(emphasis on *brief*) interludes of gameplay mixed in. So, producing a shorter, more streamlined and less nuanced version of the story just seems redundant.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    The "joke" is that the game itself was effectively already a 4-5 hour movie with brief(emphasis on *brief*) interludes of gameplay mixed in. So, producing a shorter, more streamlined and less nuanced version of the story just seems redundant.
    Ah I see.

Netherrealm do have the best track record in the business for presenting story content.

(Even if the actual stories are kind of wack.)

Yeah, why have the film when you can just play the game and take part in the violence.

Ah I see.

Netherrealm do have the best track record in the business for presenting story content.

(Even if the actual stories are kind of wack.)

Yeah, why have the film when you can just play the game and take part in the violence.
    And for those who don't own the game, they can just go to Youtube and watch a Full Game Movie of it(which is also the reason why I said that DC producing this is a waste of money since no one will feel inclined to purchase it when a longer and complete "movie" is already accessible online for free).

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

But I think a fair amount of people don't play fighting games or have interest in stories in them, so I think Injustice could still do fine.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

...............this is fanfiction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    But I think a fair amount of people don't play fighting games or have interest in stories in them, so I think Injustice could still do fine.
    I play fighting games especially for the story. Mere violence is not enough! Motive must sustain me!

Come to think about it, isn't that why people were mad salty about SFV? Couldn't be bothered with an actual arcade/story mode?

I play fighting games especially for the story. Mere violence is not enough! Motive must sustain me!

Come to think about it, isn't that why people were mad salty about SFV? Couldn't be bothered with an actual arcade/story mode?
    Pretty sure there is a story mode in SF5... it's just that the story mode is an ad from their sponsors in between match sets.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

...............this is fanfiction.
    Really? This is still a thing?

...Because yes. This is indeed a bunch of fanfiction messily duct taped together from what I saw.

Same. Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Tekken, Soul Calibur have spoiled me in that regard.