Yeah in Covid news. Florida has decided to re open everything, like nothing bad has happened.

Also in NY my area Western NY getting the blunt of it ( college towns, students do not care.)

In other news extra edge lording as my dear Annie due to working her life ( unlike my ex) has arthritis in her back and making it hard for her to do things. Her suffering only adds the hate more. No edge, no dark lord Chou was. Just yeah. Being extra good to her though.

If only the Pokemon anime was actually like this...
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    If only the Pokemon anime was actually like this...
    In what way?

I like the video though, lovely animation, I've been a fan of Bump of Chicken for a while now and the colouring is really nice as well.

Also, love the reference to battling Red on top of a mountain, very cool!

Working on my video essay about the God Of Highschool anime adaptation.

I'm aware the series isn't over yet but I've got more than enough material to rant about all ready.

And... y'know, make convincing and good points about how to handle adaptation and ensemble casts.

Also, I have been thoroughly reminded of how much fun early GoH (the comic) is. If you've not read it, give it a go. It doesn't go bad for like... 350 odd chapters or something. SOlid, enjoyable ride up until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In what way?

I like the video though, lovely animation, I've been a fan of Bump of Chicken for a while now and the colouring is really nice as well.

Also, love the reference to battling Red on top of a mountain, very cool!
    Well, the animation for one thing(the current studio's animation is also impressive, the aesthetic here is just gorgeous), the vividly bombastic depiction of battles for another, and finally because I honestly want to see the Generation characters as the lead characters in the anime on a series-by-series format similar to Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon. The Pokemon Adventures manga series scratches that itch well enough, but I honestly wish to see the games properly adapted into anime.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-29-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

I'm aware the series isn't over yet but I've got more than enough material to rant about all ready.

And... y'know, make convincing and good points about how to handle adaptation and ensemble casts.

Also, I have been thoroughly reminded of how much fun early GoH (the comic) is. If you've not read it, give it a go. It doesn't go bad for like... 350 odd chapters or something. SOlid, enjoyable ride up until then.
    Actually, the series is over. Or at least the first season is.

Stuff happened in the finale. It certainly looked pretty.

Didn't really make a lick of sense, but it was nice to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

I am one episode behind. I better go watch it then.

*deep sigh*

Extraordinary Member

As someone who hasn't read the webtoon, the Anime felt incredibly rushed

Finally decided to read Phantom Seer. It's a decently good read overall. It isn't blowing me away as far as storytelling is concerned(but we're only 5 chapters in, so that may change), but the characters are interesting and likeable and I appreciate the horrific imagery of the ghosts as well the mechanics of the main character's powers. It's on my current cache of Exorcist manga alongside MAO, Blue Exorcist, and Jujutsu Kaisen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Yep, if you haven't read the comic, a lot of that wouldn't make a great deal of sense.

Really love how one of the closing shots settled on R like he's a significant character when I think he had... maybe one line in the whole show? If that? That would be confusing to most viewers I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    As someone who hasn't read the webtoon, the Anime felt incredibly rushed
    It was. Lots of scenes cut, characters cut, whole bits of connective tissue and worldbulding gone.

GoH was never incredibly deep or particularly well though out but it was better than this.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

It's not good win a one shot dude with a hammer made a bigger emotional impact than the kid whose death motivated someone to kill god.

Something I just stumbled across

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I DID enjoy the start of that series, despite some issues. Then...bleah.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I hope this is a comedy. Ugh. It's like...Tony Jaa's worst stuff. Really impressive athleticism, but terrible choreography.

But if it's like, I don't know, Kung Fu Hustle, then cool.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate