Page 355 of 2452 FirstFirst ... 2553053453513523533543553563573583593654054558551355 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 36769
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Been following the Vic Mignogna situation and holy crap, are pro-Vic fans getting crazy. Monica Rial is getting harassed on Twitter because she was the first to come out in defense of one of Vic's victims and her own experience. Then there's a loud minority railing against Funimation for firing him, even though they stated to have performed an internal investigation into the matter and apparently found enough evidence to convince them that he was culpable in his accused crimes. I had to drop two subscriptions from Lost Pause and OtakuDaikun(who I typically go to because I enjoy his Fate lore discussion videos) because they argued that this is all an "SJW"conspiracy to ruin his career.
    i shall retain my previous stance on the situation.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Soooo, there's a tiger living in an abandoned house in Houston.

...Care to explain, Read?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Soooo, there's a tiger living in an abandoned house in Houston.

...Care to explain, Read?
    so that's where he went.

i mean......................i have no clue what you mean.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so that's where he went.

i mean......................i have no clue what you mean.
    Local news actually on my way to work.

Not kidding, locals in Houston found out a tiger has been living in an abandoned house for some time.

...If he wore a strawhat, it'd be icing on the cake. XD

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    This is getting nuts for sure. Though, I wonder how much Funimation knew before this came to light. I highly doubt Monica and others said nothing to them if Vic was truly harassing them.
    One of the big takeaways from MeToo is that a lot of people, though mostly women, don't come forward because it's easier to just put up with it than make yourself a target to things like this or killing your career if there's not enough evidence beyond your word against the abuser's.

Based on how these things have gone down previously, I would suspect that management knew about "rumours" but worked on the basis that they didn't need to look into it too closely because there wasn't a direct accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Local news actually on my way to work.

Not kidding, locals in Houston found out a tiger has been living in an abandoned house for some time.

...If he wore a strawhat, it'd be icing on the cake. XD

..................................no comment.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    One of the big takeaways from MeToo is that a lot of people, though mostly women, don't come forward because it's easier to just put up with it than make yourself a target to things like this or killing your career if there's not enough evidence beyond your word against the abuser's.

Based on how these things have gone down previously, I would suspect that management knew about "rumours" but worked on the basis that they didn't need to look into it too closely because there wasn't a direct accusation.
    That's what I figured. I wouldn't be surprised if people start looking an Funi and looking into just how much they knew, when they heard these rumors, and why they didn't look into them until this shitstorm started.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Something that needs to be kept in mind when it comes to #MeToo accusation: False Accusations are incredibly where. Absent of all other context, it is much, much more likely that an accusation is being made in good faith than it is for the accusation to be made in bad faith. "They're making it up" should never be treated with the same level of credibility as "The accused did it", and should only be discussed if there is legitimate evidence indicating it might be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Something that needs to be kept in mind when it comes to #MeToo accusation: False Accusations are incredibly where. Absent of all other context, it is much, much more likely that an accusation is being made in good faith than it is for the accusation to be made in bad faith. "They're making it up" should never be treated with the same level of credibility as "The accused did it", and should only be discussed if there is legitimate evidence indicating it might be fake.
    The problem is that false accusations do happen and often these cases boil down to this person said this vs this person said that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    The problem is that false accusations do happen and often these cases boil down to this person said this vs this person said that.
    They don't happen nearly as often as people act like they do. The Statistics are clear: Unless you have actual evidence that they are false, you should not treat them a serious possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    They don't happen nearly as often as people act like they do. The Statistics are clear: Unless you have actual evidence that they are false, you should not treat them a serious possibility.
    Oh yeah the statistics are very clear but I believe that everything should be treated case by case. If you accuse someone you have to prove it. Automatically believing that someone is guilty with no proof can be a very dangerous thing.

Oh yeah the statistics are very clear but I believe that everything should be treated case by case. If you accuse someone you have to prove it. Automatically believing that someone is guilty with no proof can be a very dangerous thing.
    hence where my stance comes into play, since i've had friends falsely accused of this kind of stuff.

Extraordinary Member

There's a difference between no believing that someone is guilty and accusing someone of making false allegations

i think i should stop playing tetris now.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hence where my stance comes into play, since i've had friends falsely accused of this kind of stuff.
    I have a buddy in the military who was falsely accused. Even though he proved his innocence that crap followed him for a while.