The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I, for one, have been hoping that most media IP would be controlled by an increasingly small list of mega-corporations in a bid to harvest as much money out of consumers as possible.

Though, apparently Microsoft has very good working environments so hopefully they can clean up Activision/Blizzard who have a terrible one.

Maybe fire Bobby Kotick as well, poisonous little leech.
    I don't actually play much from Activision.

If it gives me another Tenchu: Stealth Assassins game, I would be okay with this.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I, for one, have been hoping that most media IP would be controlled by an increasingly small list of mega-corporations in a bid to harvest as much money out of consumers as possible.

Though, apparently Microsoft has very good working environments so hopefully they can clean up Activision/Blizzard who have a terrible one.

I will say at the very least, I've not heard too much about Microsoft/Xbox being a terrible place... which sadly says a lot in a period where pretty much every major game studio, turns out, is a horrible place to be.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I will say at the very least, I've not heard too much about Microsoft/Xbox being a terrible place... which sadly says a lot in a period where pretty much every major game studio, turns out, is a horrible place to be.
    I got friends of a friend who have worked there and they say it's actually a very good place to work.

I hope the culture improves, even if I dislike the acquisition in principle.

I got friends of a friend who have worked there and they say it's actually a very good place to work.

I hope the culture improves, even if I dislike the acquisition in principle.
    Right there with you. It happening/being able to happen is a horrible thing; but it sounds like for the people who work there it's going to be great and at the very least a step in a better direction.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    That was a good trailer. It had a surreal, almost horror-movie vibe to it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

It's nuts! Exciting. But nuts
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Well, that's guaranteed at least.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

at this point Blizzard is such a dead and desiccated corpse of itself I can't even force myself to feel bad. Activision already did the damage so its not like it can get any worse

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

>Sit down to write out story skeleton
    >Feels pretty good, man
    >Find out it's been done

Indeed there are only so many stories to tell, but the sentiment of being perceived as a ripoff, as juvenile and dangerously underconfident in the ideas' integrity as it is, remains a bit of a complex I can't shed so easily.

One day I'll get over this creative demotivational hump, but until then, this persistent feel is always too real.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Don't give up Gen!

It's not the originality that makes a story good, it's the execution of that idea and the way you use that concepts.

Write it anyway, even if you don't put it out, it'll be good to explore the ideas.

The short comic I'm working on at the moment (which I will put out this year, BELIEVE IT) is literally "Psychic Force 2012 with a bit of Final Fantasy VII in there mixed with X/1999," It specifically is not clever or original but it's fun to write and a good test bed for my workflows of making a larger comic in the future.

Originality is way overrated.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-19-2022 at 02:38 AM.