Page 678 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 17857862866867467567667767867968068168268872877811781678 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 36796
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd say that Daredevil was good with its villains in season 1 and 3, MCU Kingpin and Bullseye are great and I'm so sad that we won't get more of them.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DD second-best. Season 1, the first half of season 2, Season 3...all pretty darned good.

But yeah, season 3 of JJ has done a great job so far with simple but terrifying villain, and it's given the entire cast interesting arcs that are largely their own but weave together nicely. I'm especially happy with how they handled Jessica and Trish's relationship this season.
    I rather enjoyed how they continued Trish's 'fall' from season 2.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DD second-best. Season 1, the first half of season 2, Season 3...all pretty darned good.
    Currently DD is a bit ahead of JJ because I love season 1 and 3 of DD so much. We'll see after I've finished this JJ season.
    I rather enjoyed how they continued Trish's 'fall' from season 2.
    I got a bit tired of Trish in season 2, but I enjoy her a lot more this season. Not because she's become cooler or more likeable, but because her story is more engaging and acts as a nice contrast to Jessica's.

And Hogarth's continued struggle against her own self-destruction is as sad as it is fascinating. I really like how the show handles consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    No, no... You're thinking of Castle DEFENSE Doctrine. This is Castle ASSAULT Doctrine.

Feudal Nobles were TOTALLY Allowed to shoot other Nobles and/or guards, peasants, and other folk they didn't like when they were attacking someone else's castle. I mean they had to use crossbows, but same basic idea. The question is did she have a Cassi Belli? Because an Unjust War should get you a serious penalty to other Noble's opinion of you.

I MAY have been playing a bit too much Crusader Kings 2 lately...
    Ha!

Cassus belli is bullshit 99% of the time anyway. Countries want a war for one reason or another and look for a way to talk of themselves as the good guys. It's war. By the end, nobody's hands will be clean.

I have a few friends who love those games.

I know Iron Fist is painful for some people, but honestly the only bits of the Netflix MCU that have annoyed me have been the Elektra stuff and everything about Diamondback. Everything else has been fun.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I didn't really mind Diamondback. The only thing that annoyed me about him was that he replaced the brilliant Cottonmouth.

Also, fun fact: The actress who played Black Mariah in Like Cage also played the mother who accosted Tony in Civil War.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

for halloween season, i shall live read "dracula" for my channel.

come visit the stream and tell me if my brittish accent is better than keanu's. lol

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    for halloween season, i shall live read "dracula" for my channel.

come visit the stream and tell me if my brittish accent is better than keanu's. lol
    Can tell you now it's not. That man is a national treasure.

... nah man I'm sure it's great
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Currently DD is a bit ahead of JJ because I love season 1 and 3 of DD so much. We'll see after I've finished this JJ season.

I got a bit tired of Trish in season 2, but I enjoy her a lot more this season. Not because she's become cooler or more likeable, but because her story is more engaging and acts as a nice contrast to Jessica's.

And Hogarth's continued struggle against her own self-destruction is as sad as it is fascinating. I really like how the show handles consequences.
    After watching Season 3, I totally understand Trish Season 2. The writers were taking the long view on the character, knowing that Season 3 was coming. Trish, season 2, is basically the foundation for Trish, season 3.

Agreed on Hogarth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I know Iron Fist is painful for some people, but honestly the only bits of the Netflix MCU that have annoyed me have been the Elektra stuff and everything about Diamondback. Everything else has been fun.
    Diamondback...anything with Elektra, which sadly spilled over into Defenders (she was actually at her best when she was Black Sky)...Iron Fist Season One's true villain, who basically pulled a Diamondback (and was...so unthreatening and dull)...most Iron Fist fight scenes...Danny's actual character...the post credit scene...Elektra (worth mentioning again)...Alexandra having Elektra pull a Diamondback on her (yes, worth mentioning Elektra a third time)...

I mean, I did like parts of Iron Fist. Those parts would be 'Ward' and 'Two of Coleen's Fights'. ^_^ And, amusingly, I liked Danny a whole lot in Luke Cage, where the writers wrote him completely differently from in his own series.

I don't hate the NF shows. I love them (except Iron Fist). That's probably why I was so disappointed with some of the choices they made: because I DID love the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I didn't really mind Diamondback. The only thing that annoyed me about him was that he replaced the brilliant Cottonmouth.
    Cottonmouth was awesome.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

After watching Season 3, I totally understand Trish Season 2. The writers were taking the long view on the character, knowing that Season 3 was coming. Trish, season 2, is basically the foundation for Trish, season 3.

Agreed on Hogarth as well.

Diamondback...anything with Elektra, which sadly spilled over into Defenders (she was actually at her best when she was Black Sky)...Iron Fist Season One's true villain, who basically pulled a Diamondback (and was...so unthreatening and dull)...most Iron Fist fight scenes...Danny's actual character...the post credit scene...Elektra (worth mentioning again)...Alexandra having Elektra pull a Diamondback on her (yes, worth mentioning Elektra a third time)...

I mean, I did like parts of Iron Fist. Those parts would be 'Ward' and 'Two of Coleen's Fights'. ^_^ And, amusingly, I liked Danny a whole lot in Luke Cage, where the writers wrote him completely differently from in his own series.

I don't hate the NF shows. I love them (except Iron Fist). That's probably why I was so disappointed with some of the choices they made: because I DID love the shows.

Cottonmouth was awesome.

Maaaan, that was the absolute worst of the villain replacements, in my opinion; mostly because Cottonmouth was so compelling as a villain.
    Why are we here?

Yeah, Cottonmouth was incredible, while Diamondback was inedible.

And everyone always forgets about Punisher. Which was great as a series. People auto-associate Netflix MCU with the Defenders-related series (DD, JJ, LC, IF & Defenders), but Punisher was totally a thing. Jigsaw (especially season 1) was a great villain.

I’d say the gold standard of Netflix villains is Fisk, Killgrave, Cottonmouth, Jigsaw and Bullseye. With Madam Gao, Black Mariah, Shades, Alexandra, Harold Meachum, The Owl and the psycho dude from JJ S3 as the next tier down.

The psycho from Jessica Jones 3 was Foolkiller #2, Gregory Salinger. Not the best of the Foolkiller characters, frankly; that would be Kurt Gerhardt (616 Universe), in his limited series...and not to be confused with Kurt Gerhardt (Ultimate Universe) who became a villain in 616. Somehow.

Because Marvel, I guess.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-03-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    Why are we here?

i still got a soft spot for bushmaster.

something about him really clicks with me.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i still got a soft spot for bushmaster.

something about him really clicks with me.
    Another good villian, yep.
    Why are we here?

I’ve really enjoyed Koga’s growth in Kengan Omega. I was hoping that his opponent would be Kokuro though.