Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Eh, I liked Sony's portrayal Carnage and Cletus well enough, but the relationship of Carnage and Cletus didn't fully sit well with me. I suppose that it's because I'm too used to the comic depiction of being Cletus being the dominant one of the two as well as the fact that they generally have a amicable relationship. And it's disconcerting to see Cletus so serious since he typically exhibits a dark and macabre sense of humor similar to Deadpool's, or being played up as a sympathetic character(I mean, Carnage is arguably even more of a monster than the Joker, who at least was hinted to be a decent human being at some point in his life before he went insane). But again, that's just me nitpicking
    Yeah, it's a noticeably different take from the comics, same with Eddie and his symbiote. But I found it enjoyable at least, and the dynamic between Cletus and Shriek was the most compelling part of the movie for me.

As for the bond between the symbiotes and their hosts. I'm mainly unused to seeing the symbiotes have such distinct personalities. In any other medium they're clearly seperate entities but move with such a unified sense of purpose that they more or less become on entity, which is where they get their greater power from.

In short, the movie makes a lot of changes from the comics, both big and small. But none of it was like frustrating or anything like that. Again, it's an enjoyable monster action movie.

Komi-Sama is now on Netflix!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Komi-Sama is now on Netflix!

Aww.

She's extremely nervous about it.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I think it goes without saying…

Attachment 114909
    On the list.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Trying to think of a good match up for Arthur from Fire Force.

Mostly because his fight scene with Dragon was one of the best fights of the year so far, by a long shot.

But he's also a bit tricky to pitch without overkilling one way or the other.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Trying to think of a good match up for Arthur from Fire Force.

Mostly because his fight scene with Dragon was one of the best fights of the year so far, by a long shot.

But he's also a bit tricky to pitch without overkilling one way or the other.
    First one that popped into my head is Grougaloragran from Wakfu, as he was when fighting Nox of course.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    First one that popped into my head is Grougaloragran from Wakfu, as he was when fighting Nox of course.
    I think Arthur might be out of his league by the end. Grougalouragran is basically discount Dragon with a slightly better esoteric game.

And Arthur's offensive power was just ridiculous given that Dragon had literally never felt pain before despite everything else he'd been hit with in the series.

Arthur not only causes him pain but actually hurts him.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-22-2021 at 04:34 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Dune (2021) was good. I only had three real complaints (none of these are spoilers):

-The music can be a bit much (that vocalization music in the trailer, well you’ll hear a lot more in the movie). It’s fine music, I just think they may have played that too much.

-The ‘vision filter’ when Paul has some if his visions (and he has a lot). It’s….not the best in my opinion.

-No narration/internal thoughts. Say what you will about the original Dune movie, but I really liked the explanation narration we got throughout AND the internal thoughts/monologues we got from some of the characters. My brother and I found it missing here and were disappointed.

Otherwise, it’s quite good. Good acting, beautiful set pieces, great CGI, and I can’t wait for Part 2.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Saw Dune last night, enjoyed it, thought the cast and acting were fantastic, movie was gorgeous and an easy IMAX purchase, if there was a negative it was that the pacing felt a bit too fast despite being a two parter

also really like how seriously it takes itself, was worried they might try to include some banter or snark or something that would have really clashed with the tone of the story
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-22-2021 at 10:14 AM.

I don't think I'm really feeling the Chucky TV Series. Way too much CW Tweeb Drama not enough Chucky Killing.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Just heard about the Alec Baldwin thing… Damn. That’s absolutely tragic.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Just heard about the Alec Baldwin thing… Damn. That’s absolutely tragic.
    Incredibly sad But the amount of people I'm seeing blame Baldwin is disturbing. It was a freak accident that, ultimately, rests at the feet of the prop master.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel