Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...I'll be honest and say that instantly made Jonathan Kent my favorite in a clusterfuck storyline that is the Injustice universe. He didn't take sides, he simply stated the obvious. Bruce has a point and Clark has too much blood to be redeemed but yeah...Bruce was a shitty friend that kinda just turned his back on Clark after killing Joker, before all of that shit escalated.

And...He died in the Injustice film in a moment where he actually survived in the comic.

...God, Injustice is a neat concept with really dumb execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...this is sounding like a frustrating exercise in accounting.
    2018 Battletech on PC's Career Mode is an interesting game. Iron man mode simply makes sure you can't reload a save in case you screw up.

...Buying a Jenner to replace the Cicada however was arguably the best decision of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...I'll be honest and say that instantly made Jonathan Kent my favorite in a clusterfuck storyline that is the Injustice universe. He didn't take sides, he simply stated the obvious. Bruce has a point and Clark has too much blood to be redeemed but yeah...Bruce was a shitty friend that kinda just turned his back on Clark after killing Joker, before all of that shit escalated.

And...He died in the Injustice film in a moment where he actually survived in the comic.

And don't forget that Batman starts hanging out with the woman who helped Joker commit genocide and essentially murdered his best friend's wife. Made worse in the film, because there Harley doesn't feel any remorse for her actions, she just wanted revenge because Joker suffered consequences of his many, MANY monstrous actions.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    And don't forget that Batman starts hanging out with the woman who helped Joker commit genocide and essentially murdered his best friend's wife. Made worse in the film, because there Harley doesn't feel any remorse for her actions, she just wanted revenge because Joker suffered consequences of his many, MANY monstrous actions.
    Admittedly the games were okay because it doesn't really expand that much on its lore and focused on the situation at hand but yeah, the wider expanded universe material of Injustice is wall punch inducing...Especially for moments like Harley Quinn. I mean yeah, she was the victim of an abusive toxic relationship with Joker and all but...Holy shit, that was honestly way too light of a slap they gave her. But yeah, that film was messy as hell.

Extraordinary Member

Admittedly the games were okay because it doesn't really expand that much on its lore and focused on the situation at hand but yeah, the wider expanded universe material of Injustice is wall punch inducing...Especially for moments like Harley Quinn. I mean yeah, she was the victim of an abusive toxic relationship with Joker and all but...Holy shit, that was honestly way too light of a slap they gave her. But yeah, that film was messy as hell.
    And when the Injustice tie-in comics *finally* attempt to address that she was literally one-half of the reason why Superman became a totalitarian fascist, it...basically fell apart when she admitted that she felt bad about it and the others deciding that's punishment enough. It also lost further impact due to the fact that it was Ra's Al Ghul aka Mr "Eugenics Advocate, Social Darwinist and Eco-Terrorist" trying to claim the moral high ground over her instead of one of the "heroes". Sadly, this is the standard for DC Harley Quinn, which is truly disingenuous since even the original/Bruce Timmverse Harley (who is frankly far more sympathetic and less homicidal than DC's wannabe Deadpool depiction of her) received karmic retribution when she crossed her Moral Event Horizon with the torture and brainwashing of Tim Drake.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

So I'd kind of say that Bruce... wouldn't understand.

He's been in this situation at least once, the Joker murdering his adopted son in Robin; and he never crossed the line. Might have been wrong of him to hold Superman to the standard Bruce holds himself to... but since he sees Superman as his better? Makes sense in a way.

Kind of a dick move to turn on him I guess, but... kind of a dumb scenario, the Injustice-verse.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well, this is definitely funnier than Sonic F.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So I'd kind of say that Bruce... wouldn't understand.

He's been in this situation at least once, the Joker murdering his adopted son in Robin; and he never crossed the line. Might have been wrong of him to hold Superman to the standard Bruce holds himself to... but since he sees Superman as his better? Makes sense in a way.

Kind of a dick move to turn on him I guess, but... kind of a dumb scenario, the Injustice-verse.
    For the record, if you look back at the actual comics after Jason died, Bruce 100 percent tried to kill the Joker and IIRC caused the events that lead to his apparent death. The only reason Bruce didn't kill the Joker was because the Joker had a typical supervillain survival, and by the time he came back the wound was no longer fresh.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Yeah, Injustice in general is just enjoy the game...Kinda go meh on the story.

I mean the moment it's shown that Injustice Wonder Woman was straight up awful, I'm just thinking "...The actual DC Trinity wouldn't be that much of a trainwreck."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I know that Death Battle handles feats differently than us but a lot of those showings just seems wrong given how Akuma and Shao Kahn are generally portrayed.

As for the next battle. I think Aang would've been a more fitting opponent, but I wouldn't be surprised if Korra gets his feats too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I know that Death Battle handles feats differently than us but a lot of those showings just seems wrong given how Akuma and Shao Kahn are generally portrayed.

As for the next battle. I think Aang would've been a more fitting opponent, but I wouldn't be surprised if Korra gets his feats too.
    Yeah... Unless there's someone stronger than Aang they can even tangentially connect Korra to, because they've been doing that a LOT lately.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Could it have something to do with the fact that Shao Kahn, Dio Brando, and Rooster Teeth are all connected under the Warner Brothers umbrella?

I mean, I hate to cast such cyncism over what are essentially cartoon fights for fun - and disproving this directly is Mitsuru's victory over Weiss - but sometimes I wonder lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Could it have something to do with the fact that Shao Kahn, Dio Brando, and Rooster Teeth are all connected under the Warner Brothers umbrella?

I mean, I hate to cast such cyncism over what are essentially cartoon fights for fun - and disproving this directly is Mitsuru's victory over Weiss - but sometimes I wonder lol
    Given how well Marvel characters have been doing against DC opponents lately in Death Battle I think it's safe to say that there is no such bias.