Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

is..........is "batwoman" trying to rip off "daredevil" with the hallway fights?

because with the fight chorography of this show..............ew.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    is..........is "batwoman" trying to rip off "daredevil" with the hallway fights?

because with the fight chorography of this show..............ew.
    Wouldn't surprise me. I think Arrow tried to do it beforehand and Batwoman clearly thinks its on their level.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

SPOILERS for the upcoming Kenshin Movies.

I mean you can see it in an online clip so it's not too much of a spoiler but I want to spoil tag it here anyway just in case.

spoilers:

SOJIRO IS BACK!
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Netflix already ripped off hallway scenes from itself iirc so it's not new
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I had my cat euthanized and cremated today. The vets diagnosed her with acute kidney failure (which is what my grandmother died of; the fucking irony)and said that she had less than a 50% chance of recovering even with treatment and I simply couldn't afford it. I didn't want her to suffer so, I said my goodbyes to her, told her how much I loved her before they put her to sleep. Now, I just feel numb.
    I'm so very sorry, Len. I know you're numb right now. That likely will pass, and it'll get worse. I hope you're taking care of yourself, and that you have people who can help you take care of yourself.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Academia!

spoilers:

Is it wrong that I'm loling at Lady Nagant? Like, lady, you threw your lot in with MHA Satan. You really should've seen something like this coming.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, I'm not pitying her. She willingly threw her hat in with a centuries-old eldritch horror in human form who took the grandson of his nemesis (whom he'd already killed himself), raised the boy to be a violent supervillain, and is in the process of possessing and making the boy's body his own. He also mass-produces a variety of sleep paralysis demons. So she got what she deserved when he revealed himself, surprise surprise, to be a massive *******.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Netflix already ripped off hallway scenes from itself iirc so it's not new
    Daredevil definitely didn't invent the concept either. It's been a staple of martial arts films for years, way before Daredevil was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Daredevil definitely didn't invent the concept either. It's been a staple of martial arts films for years, way before Daredevil was a thing.
    I want to say the first time I remember seeing a single shot hallway fight personally, is the original Oldboy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I want to say the first time I remember seeing a single shot hallway fight personally, is the original Oldboy.
    And it's such a good one.

Man that film rules.

The one that leapt to mind for me was this one from Hard Boiled

Which was made in 1992 a full 11 years before Oldboy. I also think there are some older ones that I've seen.

I want to stress that I find people saying that long take fight scenes are somehow "ripping off," other stuff in the same genre is a pretty myopic view of how films are made. Like, no one owns the concept or technique. As seen here it's been a thing in action films for at least 30 years.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-04-2021 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    And it's such a good one.

Man that film rules.

The one that leapt to mind for me was this one from Hard Boiled

Which was made in 1992 a full 11 years before Oldboy. I also think there are some older ones that I've seen.

I want to stress that I find people saying that long take fight scenes are somehow "ripping off," other stuff in the same genre is a pretty myopic view of how films are made. Like, no one owns the concept or technique. As seen here it's been a thing in action films for at least 30 years.
    Had no idea Hard Boiled did it as well, but credit where it's due. That's some good ****.

It'd be like saying the people who use the "Akira slide" are somehow ripping off as well. Yes a lot of people use it... but that's more a testament to how revolutionary Akira was over people going "tee hee it's mine now".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Monster #8: That's certainly an unconventional way of using regeneration in a fight.

spoilers:
    And we might get some good old interacting with your literal inner monster scenes for Kafka soon. It'll be interesting to this series take on that.
    end of spoilers

Series continues to be tons of fun.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 06-04-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Monster #8: That's certainly an unconventional way of using regeneration in a fight.

spoilers:
    And we might get some good old interacting with your literal inner monster scenes for Kafka soon. It'll be interesting to this series take on that.
    end of spoilers

Series continues to be tons of fun.
    The choreography for the fights in this series has been pretty good so far, this recent one showed a bit more flair and imagination which bodes well for the future.

More unconventional, specified monster combat styles please!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Look who's getting her own anime series!

She's very excited about it... but also really nervous and terrified.

And another great looking anime I gotta see!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Holy crap, Nagatoro is animated now? I gotta watch this!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I had my cat euthanized and cremated today. The vets diagnosed her with acute kidney failure (which is what my grandmother died of; the fucking irony)and said that she had less than a 50% chance of recovering even with treatment and I simply couldn't afford it. I didn't want her to suffer so, I said my goodbyes to her, told her how much I loved her before they put her to sleep. Now, I just feel numb.
    Damn man, I know that hurts. I lost a kitten last year. The furry things really do take up a part of your heart and soul. I'm sorry for your loss.