Page 534 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 3443448452453053153253353453553653753854458463410341534 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 36572
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Coolness.

It's not okay right now - my wife has serious vertigo. We're trying to figure out what it is. LIKELY it's due to some kind of sinus thing or inner-ear infection. Less-likely but possible (and worrisome) is that it's a continuation of the neural degeneration that deafened her.

Worse case, I don't want to even consider, which is leaving us both stressed. And we're getting it looked into. But.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Coolness.

It's not okay right now - my wife has serious vertigo. We're trying to figure out what it is. LIKELY it's due to some kind of sinus thing or inner-ear infection. Less-likely but possible (and worrisome) is that it's a continuation of the neural degeneration that deafened her.

Worse case, I don't want to even consider, which is leaving us both stressed. And we're getting it looked into. But.
    Fingers crossed. I hope it's not the worst case.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

We're thinking no - chances are, it isn't (especially since someone at MY work is having literally identical symptoms; and that's using the word 'literally' with its true meaning, his symptoms are IDENTICAL and likely caused by his allergies). So yeah, fingers crossed, but I'm still stressed all to heck.

Thanks.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Would like to mention that I am really, really enjoying Jessica Jones Season III. I've not yet finished it, so I'm waiting to see how the Netflix MCU writers (invariably) screw up their final show season, but so far? Great.

spoilers:
    It's interesting that they've chosen the Foolkiller as the villain for this season; Sallinger (Foolkiller II) not my favourite incarnation of the FK, but having him does link to Foolkiller III's idea of 'Actions have consequences', which seems to be a huge thing in this season. Actions -- regardless of the reasons for those actions -- do have consequences, and all of the characters are feeling the consequences of their choices.
    end of spoilers

Additionally, I find it interesting that this season seems to be an exploration of underlying ethics and morals in choices. Basically, everyone is making these appallingly unethical and immoral choices -- or just selfish -- that the characters are rationalizing by looking at points of view that put their activities in the best possible light.

spoilers:
    Trish is ultimately going after bad people for self-centered reasons; it's less about helping people, and more about 'I want to be a hero' because her self-confidence is so crappy. And her arrogance is really showing through. In the end, she doesn't care about helping people; she cares about 'taking down that guy' and being a hero while doing it (amusingly, she accuses Jessica all the time of the things and perspectives of which she, herself, is guilty and Jessica is not). This is particularly obvious in the way that she's clearly caring less and less about the law, and more and more about simply destroying the bad guy.
    Malcom is willing to take a job where he's doing questionable (and waaaaay past questionable) things in order to get set up so he can, in the future, be his own man and help people rather than doing what he does now (but he's still doing it for this nebulous 'future').
    Jeri is, of course, willing to do unethical things to get what she wants. That what she wants happens to dovetail with 'putting a bad man behind bars' doesn't change the fact that her underlying reasons for carrying out her activities are self-centered.
    The new character basically flat-out states 'Yeah, helping THAT person or putting away THAT bad guy doesn't make a difference -- I've tried, the world doesn't change. So why bother?' And now wanders around using his powers to blackmail bad people. Basically he's the endpoint for all of these supposedly 'good' people (Jeri never being one, but clearly becoming worse) as they slide further into their own worst impulses.
    end of spoilers

For all of her massive character flaws, Jones is the only one who is operating on the right side of the line. Her attitude is 'I don't give a crap about the big picture, I don't care about being a 'hero' (I'm not), and I'm not in this for myself. THAT person right there is hurting people, and I need to stop them. THAT person right there is being hurt, and I'm going to save them. End of story.' It's a better perspective than the other people have, though ultimately one might simply say that Jessica's worse impulses are self-destructive rather than selfish, which is why she doesn't go the direction the others go.

And, as always, the writing turns more toward discussion, tension, realistic detective work (ie, boring) than fight-fight-fight.

Loving it, and not-so-eagerly anticipating the point where it goes South...though (possibly because of the lack of focus on 'superheroing') Jessica Jones as a show has been less-susceptible to this sort of thing than Daredevil, Cage, and (especially) Iron Fist.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    For those in my Anima game, medical issues stalled any checking of the game this weekend. I'll get back to it, likely today.
    I'll try to finally get in my post before tonight then.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's current health problem, I hope it'll turn out to be nothing too serious.

Thanks. So far, it's looking like it could be a sinus issue. I'm praying to whatever might hear that's the case.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

My best to your wife Sharp, hope it's nothing serious.

Man, I hope your wife will be fine, Sharp :/

1. Sharp, I hope your wife’s health situation improves.
    2. I’ll get a post in tomorrow on Anima.
    3. Completely agree on Jessica Jones (I’ve finished it now). Of the four main Netflix series (Defenders was kind of it’s own thing and Punisher, while excellent, is only one season so far), JJ is the most consistently solid. Weirdly, I don’t hate Iron Fist the way that some do, and find it consistently better than the crappier parts of Daredevil (*cough*Elektra*cough*) and Luke Cage (which seems to cycle between excellent and crappy with worrying ease). But JJ is good all the way through. Sure, nothing is quite at the level of Season 1, but nevertheless excellent. And I really find the slower-paced detective work engaging. I really hope Disney find a way to revive these series on their streaming service, albeit with strict parental guidance obviously - you wouldn’t want a kid equating Jessica Jones with Hannah Montana.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i hope that your wife, ummm..........sharp's wife recovers. she is tough. she will endure.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Best wishes for your wife, Sharp.

Do what you need to do Sharp, and try to distract yourself when you've got nothing better to do. Hope your wife has just caught something minor.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

I pray and hope that your wife's situation improves and that it isn't anything too serious, Sharp.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!