Finally saw Squid Game.

Quality definitely dropped precipitously after Episode 6 IMO and the last episode in particular was too aimless for me, but still think it was decent after all despite being too reserved for me with the way it tackled its themes by the later parts of the show.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Love how in Girl Genius all of the various Evil Genius tropes are basically right out there and everyone is fully aware (and accepting) of them.

[Important Minion 1] Our boss is...really dropping the information on us right now, isn't she?

[Important Minion 2] Yes. It's kind of odd, she's normally pretty parsimonious about that.

[Important Minion 3] It must be that we're really close to success! She's planning to kill us soon.

[IM 1 & 2] *smiling and nodding* Oh, right, right.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Next one is gonna be a banger

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Love how in Girl Genius all of the various Evil Genius tropes are basically right out there and everyone is fully aware (and accepting) of them.

[Important Minion 1] Our boss is...really dropping the information on us right now, isn't she?

[Important Minion 2] Yes. It's kind of odd, she's normally pretty parsimonious about that.

[Important Minion 3] It must be that we're really close to success! She's planning to kill us soon.

[IM 1 & 2] *smiling and nodding* Oh, right, right.
    LOL. Yeah, is funny.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

If we disregard the light of speed movement nonsense (for both characters) this is actually fairly accurate to how the fight would go I think. It was fun to watch too.

...I have no idea what to expect from the next one, which I thought was going to be the finale. But I guess that they've got at least one in store more this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If we disregard the light of speed movement nonsense (for both characters) this is actually fairly accurate to how the fight would go I think. It was fun to watch too.

...I have no idea what to expect from the next one, which I thought was going to be the finale. But I guess that they've got at least one in store more this year.
    ... I think it IS the finale.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

... I think it IS the finale.
    They usually announce it as the final episode of the season when they do get to the final episode.

They didn't do that this time so I'm a bit unsure still. We'll see.

I don't think you trot out Saitama for anything less than a season ender

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Of all the things to import from irrational webcomic OPM, I didn't expect the dodgy measurements of time for speed feats to be part of it. :/
    All I know is that Garou is lucky he wasn't caught in King's ultimate attack.

And now King can let his buddy Saitama get some licks in. He hasn't done a lot this arc after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I don't think you trot out Saitama for anything less than a season ender
    A guy they can scale to limitless stats (thanks to Dr. Genus' statements) vs. A guy who, after consuming spinach, is also limitless (and a low-level reality warper). Sounds like a season ender to me.
    - C.S. Lewis

Kevin Feige confirms Daredevil Casting in the MCU. Look like Daredevil will be making a comeback.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Untitled.jpg

And there you have it
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

It's the finale.

And we know it's not gonna be a sprite fight, so I think it'll be one of the hand animated ones