The idea of a magic systems for my Post apoc Mutant RPG idea were magic systems based on the Four fundamental forces ( Strong force, Weak Force, Electromagnetic force, and Gravity) with Electromagnetic force magic system having sub classes.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Happy imperialist colonialist day, y'all.
    The reason I no longer celebrate the Canadian one, yeah.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So, Netflix has started to pull the original High& Low movies. Red Rain is gone from Canadian NF. Crushing for me.

In a fit of inspiration, seeing as I am currently in Japan, I ran to three different BookOff stores (knowing that the Japanese people do secondhand stuff like nobody’s business). I managed to score High and Low movies 1,2, 3, the Red Rain, Mighty Warriors(!!!), and, for fun, High and Low The Live. That’s pretty much all of the original series (and I already have the TV show and movie one comes with the abridged version of that anyway), other than DTC, which I can do without. Plus the live show. .

Basically, the only thing I’m missing now that I want is the Takarazuka prelude. Which would be awesome to have, but will never come out on video (I think).

Granted, there are no English subtitles, but what the heck I’m learning Japanese now anyways, so it’ll be good practice. And I’ve seen the movie so many times. I basically know what’s going on.

Again, secondhand, so all for ridiculously cheap but in essentially perfect shape. ^_^

Between that and finding out that Netflix has got Frieren now, happiness.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Frieren is pretty good, some aspects of the fandom being thrown at my face notwithstanding.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I dunno why, but imagining the Shredder, Gordon Ramsay, Vegeta, and Al Bundy just sitting together in a jail cell watching the Thanksgiving parade is quite amusing after the hour long simulation match I did.

Jujutsu Kaisen: spoilers:
    Damn, I won't lie: Seeing Takaba fulfill his dream or rather, finally gain true confidence as a comedian with unexpected help from Kenjaku was heartwarming. And strangely, I liked the chemistry shared between the two of them and if Kenjaku wasn't a horrible abomination of a human being that exploited others for the sheer sake of his own curiosity, I could see them being actual friends. Especially since Kenjaku seemed to genuinely enjoying himself as Takaba's partner. And Okkotsu lying in wait the entire time while Kenjaku was completely taken in by Takaba's Cursed technique was brilliant.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Frieren is pretty good, some aspects of the fandom being thrown at my face notwithstanding.
    Oh dear. What’s up?
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I dunno why, but imagining the Shredder, Gordon Ramsay, Vegeta, and Al Bundy just sitting together in a jail cell watching the Thanksgiving parade is quite amusing after the hour long simulation match I did.
    This is a rather weird combination. How did you get there?
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

This is a rather weird combination. How did you get there?
    Oh yeah, did a stream on a wrestling game with created characters I downloaded/made the night before Thanksgiving. Here's the post I made yesterday.

Last night, streamed a long Survivor Series styled 8 man elimination match, computer vs computer. Other than selecting the characters and rules, I have no other input in the match. It all depends on the simulation. And while absurdly long of a match that went over an hour...It was an amazing story that somehow crafted by sheer luck

Thanksgiving eve, The Shredder wanted to face off the TMNT once more...Problem was that Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady said no. It's Thanksgiving...They don't really want to get their butts kicked at this time. Dejected but resilient, Shredder gathered what guys he believed can help him.

1. Gordon Ramsay intially refused to cook human sized turtles into soup...Until he heard the Turtles themselves enjoy eating absurd pizza recipes in the freaking sewers. That truly set him off in a rage.

2. Vegeta actually wasn't a pick Shredder had in mind. Banned from social media and incredibly bitter losing to an Earthman from Texas three times (Hank Hill, Earth's greatest warrior), Vegeta simply waited to see the team at a parking lot and forced them to add him in.

3. The most unexpected member and one Shredder had his eye on due to his strength...Al Bundy. There wasn't much convincing. Shredder simply walked into the shoe store, looked at Al right in the eye, and simply asked does Al really want to spend Thanksgiving with his family.

So Team Shredder aka The Smucks was born and engaged in an true underdog fight against the Ninja Turtles.

It was hilarious, it was frustrating, it was chaos...But it taught me never to set up such a match ever again without additional stipulations.

But in a Thanksgiving miracle....The Bad Guys won and gave the term Plot Armor the middle finger. But then again, the cops came in realizing Shredder plotted a Kaientai and Val Venis situation (well, kinda) and send the Turtles home while Team Shredder will spend Thanksgiving in a prison cell together. The Bad Guys won...But yeah, it wasn't long.
    But yes, all in my youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Obviously this is not the final draft or set-up, and the sign-up post will be clearer and more organized, but that’s roughly the intent. Questions are always welcome.
    Do Magic users get an additional pool of 10 points based on bloodline affinity, or are they taken from a shared pool of total stat points and 10 must be allocated to get one of these branches, or are these the 3 branches - Magician, Feverblade, Alchemist - a player must spec into?

Been trying out some more plant-based cooking lately. Not going to commit to a complete switch to vegetarian, not sure I could handle that especially straight away but more of a broadening of horizons I suppose.

That and it's winter, it's getting cold as hell and lentils cook quicker than most meats for soups.

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but anyone have any recommendations? All paths seem to lead to dal or chana masala, which I don't dislike but I don't have the proper experience or palate to cook Indian food.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Been trying out some more plant-based cooking lately. Not going to commit to a complete switch to vegetarian, not sure I could handle that especially straight away but more of a broadening of horizons I suppose.

That and it's winter, it's getting cold as hell and lentils cook quicker than most meats for soups.

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but anyone have any recommendations? All paths seem to lead to dal or chana masala, which I don't dislike but I don't have the proper experience or palate to cook Indian food.
    Haven't tried it yet, but I was planning to do a cabbage and lentil stew based off a recipe called "Inflation Stew" by the Wolfe Pit

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Do Magic users get an additional pool of 10 points based on bloodline affinity, or are they taken from a shared pool of total stat points and 10 must be allocated to get one of these branches, or are these the 3 branches - Magician, Feverblade, Alchemist - a player must spec into?
    If you are playing as a mage, you get the baseline 10 regardless. Then we take into account who you are playing.

So, say you are playing an ogre Faeblood and have been a mage for some years. Taking that into account, you could earn another point or two to put into magic as, essentially, your background bonus, indicating your years service.

Your ogre bloodline benefit could be your size or strength, or, should you explain it in talks with me, we could work your bloodline as giving you 1 point in Earth magic for free (like 5e racial bonuses that come naturally).

And no, those are not the only three classes (though they are main pre-set ones that exist in game, you are under no obligation to pick them). If you want to play a farmer that has hidden away a talent for plant magic, then heck yeah. You’ll have a few points in plant magic then, just not the free Mage class 10 points.

Falgain is all about customization. I want the players to be able to pretty much make whatever kind of character they want, and as they do so their creativity and backstory/build will get various bonuses that we as player/gm will discuss. Feverbaldes, Mages, and Alchemists are just three pre-set classes so to speak.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

So, Netflix has started to pull the original High& Low movies. Red Rain is gone from Canadian NF. Crushing for me.

In a fit of inspiration, seeing as I am currently in Japan, I ran to three different BookOff stores (knowing that the Japanese people do secondhand stuff like nobody’s business). I managed to score High and Low movies 1,2, 3, the Red Rain, Mighty Warriors(!!!), and, for fun, High and Low The Live. That’s pretty much all of the original series (and I already have the TV show and movie one comes with the abridged version of that anyway), other than DTC, which I can do without. Plus the live show. .

Basically, the only thing I’m missing now that I want is the Takarazuka prelude. Which would be awesome to have, but will never come out on video (I think).

Granted, there are no English subtitles, but what the heck I’m learning Japanese now anyways, so it’ll be good practice. And I’ve seen the movie so many times. I basically know what’s going on.

Again, secondhand, so all for ridiculously cheap but in essentially perfect shape. ^_^

Criterion Collection should have High & Low, at least. Thanks, Netflix. -_-