Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Bob Barker passed away.

99? Pretty amazing to reach that far. RIP

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    I remember the days in high school where my pals and I joked that because of this scene, Bob is this super badass that can trade punches against Chewbacca.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I remember the days in high school where my pals and I joked that because of this scene, Bob is this super badass that can trade punches against Chewbacca.
    then he hosted raw and became a legend for wrestling fans.

RIP
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

RIP
    and they just keep coming this week.

remember that time hulk got funky and started wearing dreds? :P

...This is surprisingly a very tough week to conclude.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

You know what, gonna share another PS2 college days playthrough. This time, Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8.

I started a scenario of being one of many warlords in a coalition against the central government ran by a tyrant. Due to a ridiculous amount of luck, I captured said tyrant in a battle and with no hesitation executed him. The fallout of the event led to my forces capturing the capital and essentially becoming the Emperor's protector. Surprisingly, this made me untouchable as the other forces ignored me. So I slowly built a powerful empire that took half the country and it was only a matter of time I can negotiate the remaining scattered kingdoms to surrender.

Then my character died of old age.

My biggest mistake was to not play as my character's son and heir, but rather one of his closest friends during the early playthrough. My new character despite running the capital was treated poorly by the new leader that I felt that the game has essentially locked me into a dead end task that could never be accomplished and was waiting to get me into even more of a crappy situation. After attempts to build a friendship had failed too many times...I decided to call for a coup. I seized the capital but the new ruler fled to the nearby city and I only got 6 guys under me. This meant I'm literally not in a good spot. However, I realized something.

1. The Empire had admittedly became weaker over the years since the previous character died. It's essentially a paper tiger at the borders.

2. The remaining kingdoms are still there.

3. I have the capital with the Emperor. Other than my new enemy, no one has the balls still to touch my only city.

So I negotiated a massive coalition against the empire my previous character had created and the lesser kingdoms suddenly began to swarm and take as much land as they can while I settled my grudge against my nemesis who I set on fire in a battle and heard later he died of his wounds leaving the empire in total disarray as various kingdoms became stronger and then later turned on each other stronger than ever.

So I created an empire for hours...Then completely destroyed it out of pure spite towards the computer.

...Damn.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 08-26-2023 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

RIP
    Goddammit.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

So fyi this is one of the worst matchups in the game, one might see that quite clearly as it goes along.

But keep watching...wow.
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-28-2023 at 01:08 AM.

Fantastic Member

Mother's Basement looks at Shonen power systems: