BANNED

"Shrugs"

I think people on here know well enough that the word used in this instance pertains to jackasses then those who legitimately suffer from serious mental problems. At least, I hope so.
    Last edited by Crunkula; 05-02-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The issue is that even when you're not using it to denigrate the mentally disabled, people who do use it that way see you using it and come away thinking that their way of using it is okay. There are plenty of ways to call someone or something idiotic. You should use those instead

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Just chiming in to agree that you shouldn't use that word.

Saying "oh but I don't mean it in the malicious way," doesn't really change the amount of baggage that comes with it.

Plus, quite apart from that, the board has pretty clear rules about stuff that would fall under the umbrella of hate speech, which that word would, so I would also advise you to not use it.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-03-2021 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Well damn.

That was entertaining.
    We are weeks and weeks behind you guys. I’m just watching S2 E3 at the moment (so spoiler tags are a bit redundant at this stage), and all I can say is I miss the Victor Zsasz from Gotham. This one’s OK, but not as much fun.

And the Safiyah stuff? Alice left a mysterious island full of assassins five years ago? Are they auditioning her to replace Ollie as Green Arrow or something?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We are weeks and weeks behind you guys. I’m just watching S2 E3 at the moment (so spoiler tags are a bit redundant at this stage), and all I can say is I miss the Victor Zsasz from Gotham. This one’s OK, but not as much fun.
    Zsasz, Oswald, and Edward were the three things Gotham did right.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Zsasz, Oswald, and Edward were the three things Gotham did right.
    I would happily have watched a series based on the continuing adventures of those three characters.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I would happily have watched a series based on the continuing adventures of those three characters.
    Them. And only them.

…..

Maybe a couple of the others for fun, because some of them were at least decent. But I wouldn't want to see Jim (as written) or Barbara anywhere NEAR the series.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Seriously, was anyone surprised by this outcome? At least Po vs Iron Fist will be moderately more interesting, even if IF is guaranteed to win.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Seriously, was anyone surprised by this outcome? At least Po vs Iron Fist will be moderately more interesting, even if IF is guaranteed to win.
    Well, if they use the TV show/comics, Po will be capable of walking upon thrown blades/falling leaves, making energy wings to fly, shoot fireballs/energy attacks, and can learn pretty much any martial arts technique, even mystical ones, by seeing them performed once. So... He might actually have a chance to win this, because I forgot how batshit insane the comics/tv show got compared to the movies.

But, like I said, only if they use the TV show/comics along with the movies.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I don't care for Death Battle, but based on how they do things I wouldn't put it past them to say that Po wins becuase of that belly technique that redirects attacks.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well, if they use the TV show/comics, Po will be capable of walking upon thrown blades/falling leaves, making energy wings to fly, shoot fireballs/energy attacks, and can learn pretty much any martial arts technique, even mystical ones, by seeing them performed once. So... He might actually have a chance to win this, because I forgot how batshit insane the comics/tv show got compared to the movies.

But, like I said, only if they use the TV show/comics along with the movies.
    Yeah, but most of Po's chi techniques would be rendered moot since IF can absorb most forms of energy to fuel his own chi, so Po would have to rely on melee. And while he's a great martial artist, Iron Fist would decimate him with his superior speed and amped strength.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Yeah, but most of Po's chi techniques would be rendered moot since IF can absorb most forms of energy to fuel his own chi, so Po would have to rely on melee. And while he's a great martial artist, Iron Fist would decimate him with his superior speed and amped strength.
    Yea but Death Battle is hardly the paragon of consistent appraisal of feats.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie