Page 758 of 2453 FirstFirst ... 25865870874875475575675775875976076176276880885812581758 ... LastLast
Results 11,356 to 11,370 of 36788
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Fourth, if you count Nixon being impeached for acts he did as a President after he resigned.
    officially it's 3rd but i see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    officially it's 3rd but i see your point.
    Minor nitpick, but overall, the main question is whether or not this will result in anything. It is questionable if the Senate will even entertain the thought of conviction with all the Republicans.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Minor nitpick, but overall, the main question is whether or not this will result in anything. It is questionable if the Senate will even entertain the thought of conviction with all the Republicans.
    at the very least, it will be a black mark and trump's ego will not be able to handle it.

I think I have a new ship.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Barring some kind of amazing shock, it's not even questionable. It's pretty clear the Senate won't convict, even if Trump DID shoot someone on 5th avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    at the very least, it will be a black mark and trump's ego will not be able to handle it.
    Which means if he gets in again, term II will be nothing but him taking his revenge.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I really think that writers should do a LITTLE research into actual science, even in comic books. Latest culprit: Wonder Woman comic. New enemy named 'The Silencer' has a zone of silence around her. And when she fights Diana, Diana gets dizzy. "A little disorienting to lose all sound entering your inner ear, isn't it?' asks Silencer.

...it doesn't work that way. Inner ear and balance has NOTHING to do with sound.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I really think that writers should do a LITTLE research into actual science, even in comic books. Latest culprit: Wonder Woman comic. New enemy named 'The Silencer' has a zone of silence around her. And when she fights Diana, Diana gets dizzy. "A little disorienting to lose all sound entering your inner ear, isn't it?' asks Silencer.

...it doesn't work that way. Inner ear and balance has NOTHING to do with sound.
    That’s very strange. It seems that the writer is doing unnecessary things with a cool character. Who is writing it?

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    That’s very strange. It seems that the writer is doing unnecessary things with a cool character. Who is writing it?
    Someone named Steve Orlando.

It's annoying. I understand that 'comics are comics', and I'm cool with comic book powers and so forth, but this sort of thing is right up there with nosebones. Regardless of 'comic book logic', balance does not work that way. It's like saying 'Hey, I just increased the air pressure in here, that's why you can't feel your toes any more' or something along those lines.

On the plus side, we have a new series, Wonder Woman: Dead Earth. It looks interesting.
    Why are we here?

....Erza lost to Laxus? Like, legitimately? No Deus ex Machina or asspulls?

Huh.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    ....Erza lost to Laxus? Like, legitimately? No Deus ex Machina or asspulls?

Huh.
    I'd be happier if Laxus didn't have a lot of similar problems as Erza while at the same time being a more static character.

It's annoying. I understand that 'comics are comics', and I'm cool with comic book powers and so forth, but this sort of thing is right up there with nosebones. Regardless of 'comic book logic', balance does not work that way. It's like saying 'Hey, I just increased the air pressure in here, that's why you can't feel your toes any more' or something along those lines.

On the plus side, we have a new series, Wonder Woman: Dead Earth. It looks interesting.
    I wish he would write more Midnighter. That series was awesome! Seems that he made a misstep.

Impeachment is at this point a political thing. We know the Senate won't convict no matter what Trump says or does. Democrats have made a decision to impeach anyway because (a) Trump's conduct makes Watergate look tame by comparison; and (b) they're betting the electorate will be convinced it was the right thing to do. Pelosi was right to hold her powder till the last possible minute, because even with all this testimony that Trump held up foreign military aid to bully an ally into publicly harming his domestic political rival, even total stonewalling by the White House, even with rambling histrionics and witness tampering, 40% of the country *still* is against impeachment. At this point those poll numbers say a lot more about the country than it does about Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    At this point those poll numbers say a lot more about the country than it does about Trump.
    Ouch.

I have to say, watching the last four years from across the Northern border has been...well, horrifying.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

So it appears that Mangastream is dead

Steve Orlando is generally really good at comics