nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If it's take out, by the time they get it home it will be cold. And if they don't have power, then they can't reheat it in the microwave. Oh well.
    tami, never underestimate a texan's love of whataburger. we'd eat it froze in a block of carbonite.

it's that good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, I've seen a CBR article that is "5 One Piece characters that Alfonse Elric can defeat (and 5 he can't)."

The first character they claim Alfonse can beat is... Shanks. He can also beat all three members of the Monster Trio and Franky. Two characters he can't beat? Usopp and Nami.
    what is with this site and one piece articles? they seem to be written by people who haven't seen the show or just got the cliffnotes versions.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    what is with this site and one piece articles? they seem to be written by people who haven't seen the show or just got the cliffnotes versions.
    Gotta get them clicks. Easy money.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

24 hours since my power was cut off....It's still off.

Bravo, power company, bravo...

Back to sleeping in my blanket cave during this 9 degree cold. Just thought this lovely update says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

Back to sleeping in my blanket cave during this 9 degree cold. Just thought this lovely update says it all.
    Keep strong, my fellow Texan.

Just hang in there, guys.

Meanwhile, David Boreanaz is the latest to speak out against Joss Whedon regarding the toxic work environment on the set of Buffy. Gotta appreciate karma.

Also, an interesting new gameplay video for upcoming Kimetsu no Yaiba game.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-16-2021 at 07:04 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Almost all of the recent CBR articles are that way.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Currently 9 degrees, snow and ice everywhere, very unusual for Austin.

Speaking of which, the city is doing rolling blackouts to conserve energy...But they are really mucking it up.

I know there's unrealistic expectations to think they'll get the power back after 40 minutes like they texted, but it's been several hours since then...What the hell.
    If it comes to it, huddle up in the smallest room in your house. Easier to keep it warm.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If it comes to it, huddle up in the smallest room in your house. Easier to keep it warm.
    That room can get a bit smelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That room can get a bit smelly.
    Know it's a joke, but at the same time, people are going to die because of this. Know a few have already, because of carbon monoxide poisoning while attempting to keep warm.

Arx Inosaan

keep warm, dude. my sister's family has been moving around since yesterday due to her power being out. she doesn't wanna come over here due to the risk of covid.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So yeah, woke up, charged up my phone in my car, and...Still no power.

It's times like these I'm glad I was born in Minnesota cause I quickly adapting back from being cold to being mildly annoyed at this constant ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Reminds me of how my husband and I pretty much close off a section of the house that we don't use so that we only have to heat the area that we do use each Winter. It is easier to heat a small area than to try and heat an entire house. Then again, if you live in a small apartment or house, there isn't much area left to close off.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So yeah, woke up, charged up my phone in my car, and...Still no power.

It's times like these I'm glad I was born in Minnesota cause I quickly adapting back from being cold to being mildly annoyed at this constant ridiculousness.
    I remember going through that during the last few hurricane related power outages. I think the power was out after Sandy for nearly a week. Lets' hope you get yours back sometime today.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Freaking climate change. This stuff is going to happen more and more, while people dither.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate