Page 654 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 15455460464465065165265365465565665765866470475411541654 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 36576

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Morgans being an asskicking journalist on the run is rad.

Meanwhile, Nanatsu no Taizai also had a good chapter this week.
    One Piece: Hooollly shiiiit this was a dense chapter.

spoilers:
    So Coby is a rear-admiral now, and Drake is a deep cover spy. It gives a lot more context to Drake's actions given his history.

Abolishing the Shichibukai system is a good move in principle from a good-government perspective, but the way the World Government is going about it seems so brain dead I question whether it's part of a political ploy to retain the system. With everything going on, there is no way the World Government wants to take on all 7 Shichibukai at once. Mihawk alone deserves a fleet and an Admiral as an opponent.

I wonder if Coby and Boa Hancock will be able to come to some sort of arrangement given their mutual connection with Luffy.

After the Wana arc, my bet is the next arc is a Rescue Sabo arc where Luffy proves on the world-stage that he deserves his title as the Fifth Emperor.
    end of spoilers

Nanatsu no Taizai: I'm glad Diane got to do something significant and specific to her powers. She's often felt sidelined whenever major asskicking goes down. Still, I'm mainly sticking on this manga for Escanor lols at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Thanks Guys. One of the threads planning on making is a Bestiary. A thread about monsters and their feats. Especially Lovecraftian as I lurked and saw N fight. Did not want to resurrect it. Not to mention plenty of other critters.

As for scare. Three days ago I popped a pimple shaving, the hair cane out of my damn face looking like a bugs leg and two of my moles got pussy for no good reason.

The knowledge the only things that kill my heritage are automobile incidents and disease, well I am shaking.

Seriously, bullets and knives? Do not work. Just got to worry the germs and automobiles.
    Hopefully everything works out bro.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

This is why i also read one piece last!!!

Good god!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    One Piece: Hooollly shiiiit this was a dense chapter.

spoilers:
    So Coby is a rear-admiral now, and Drake is a deep cover spy. It gives a lot more context to Drake's actions given his history.

Abolishing the Shichibukai system is a good move in principle from a good-government perspective, but the way the World Government is going about it seems so brain dead I question whether it's part of a political ploy to retain the system. With everything going on, there is no way the World Government wants to take on all 7 Shichibukai at once. Mihawk alone deserves a fleet and an Admiral as an opponent.

I wonder if Coby and Boa Hancock will be able to come to some sort of arrangement given their mutual connection with Luffy.

After the Wana arc, my bet is the next arc is a Rescue Sabo arc where Luffy proves on the world-stage that he deserves his title as the Fifth Emperor.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It just struck me what a precarious position the One Piece world is in right now.

The Shichibukai was one of the stablising powers in the world (or that was the point at least) now that's gone and the Marines are going to waste so many resources going after these guys while trying to do their other shady business.

At the same time the Wano conflict will most likely lead to half of the Yonko being taken out. That'll leave a massive power gap for people like Blackbeard to exploit.

If Luffy rocks up with his post-Wano upgraded crew and his own armada to save Wano, probably alongside his father and the Revolutionary army, just imagine how much of a distraction that'll be for the World Government that Blackbeard can use to his advantage.

Chaos, the whole world is heading for absolute pandemonium. Which is part of why One Piece is so great. It feels like a living world where stuff happens with or without the main characters.
    end of spoilers

with what's happened in this chapter, big mom and kaido, and the marines using their already stretched out forces to do what they are doing right now, the balance of the grandline has been shattered.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...And someone on Quora thought the Marines would have no trouble handling Big Mom and Kaido prior to this chapter...

Mihawk is an absolute unit. Man's sitting on his island surrounded by Marine ships, and he responds by spreading his arms and going "I've been bored, so bring it on motherfuckers!"

But this is a horrible idea. They're not only picking fights with the seven pirates that were strong enough that the World Government made a deal with them so they don't have to worry about them, they're also picking a fight with the Big Mom/Kaido alliance.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...And someone on Quora thought the Marines would have no trouble handling Big Mom and Kaido prior to this chapter...
    that person needs to stay off the drugs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Mihawk is an absolute unit. Man's sitting on his island surrounded by Marine ships, and he responds by spreading his arms and going "I've been bored, so bring it on motherfuckers!"
    I think this is like the second time we've seen Mihawk smile, the first being when Zoro asked for training. Dude's probably hoping that they were smart enough to send one or two admirals for him to fight.

Extraordinary Member

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

One Piece

spoilers:

Soooo. This is going to backfire horrendously on the Government isn't it? Even IF they pull this off I cannot see the benefit in doing so compared to the potential hundreds or thousands of men they'll lose. I'm just saying. Blackbeard should probably be their #1 concern atm.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    One Piece

spoilers:

Soooo. This is going to backfire horrendously on the Government isn't it? Even IF they pull this off I cannot see the benefit in doing so compared to the potential hundreds or thousands of men they'll lose. I'm just saying. Blackbeard should probably be their #1 concern atm.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah probably. But the WG made a big thing about it and likely ordered Akainu to start moving immediately before any of the targets could really prepare.

Which is why this is all about to blow up in their faces.

I like the moral ambiguity of it all as well. Clearly the system is deeply flawed and has led to massive tragedies. But just uprooting it like this at this point in time is going to have some bad consequences, at least right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Pretty sure most people feel that way about Bats Supes, ally and enemy alike.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah probably. But the WG made a big thing about it and likely ordered Akainu to start moving immediately before any of the targets could really prepare.

Which is why this is all about to blow up in their faces.

I like the moral ambiguity of it all as well. Clearly the system is deeply flawed and has led to massive tragedies. But just uprooting it like this at this point in time is going to have some bad consequences, at least right now.
    not to mention, they don't seem to have a replacement for the warlords to keep the balance. as messed up as the warlord system was, there was a balance to it all.