My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

So, I've seen the newest Death Battle (have a 1st Membership just to watch Death Battle, DBX, and Death Race a day earlier). And, don't read what's next if don't want it to be spoiled:

spoilers:
    Beerus won. Making this longer just so you can't guess who wins by the length of the spoiled bar.
    end of spoilers

Also, next time is:

spoilers:
    Zuko vs. Todoroki Shoto.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Welp, they're fucked. *happily waddles away*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Also, next time is:

spoilers:
    Zuko vs. Todoroki Shoto.
    end of spoilers
    Nice. I (and probably tons of other people) suggested that one.

It should be fun.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The finale of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was really awesome. A masterclass in animation, good character writing and such a genuinely entertaining series.

But I'm also furious it has apparently been cancelled.

Much complex emotion.

spoilers:
    Love that Foot Recruit, who had been implied to be "C.J" is confirmed as this universe Casey Jones.

Also, if teleporting doesn't become a standard for Leonardo from now on, I don't know what I'll do.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The finale of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was really awesome. A masterclass in animation, good character writing and such a genuinely entertaining series.

But I'm also furious it has apparently been cancelled.

Much complex emotion.

spoilers:
    Love that Foot Recruit, who had been implied to be "C.J" is confirmed as this universe Casey Jones.

Also, if teleporting doesn't become a standard for Leonardo from now on, I don't know what I'll do.
    end of spoilers
    That's disappointing. I finally got around to binging through the entire first season and watching some of the second.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Rocksteady Studios has announced that they are working on a Suicide Squad game. Don't know if it's taking place in the Arkham-verse or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    That's disappointing. I finally got around to binging through the entire first season and watching some of the second.
    Apparently we're getting a movie... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    so there's going to be a scene of cats eating beans and farting for 2 minutes straight right?
    It kind of goes without saying that they’ll take out the “I like r***.” joke.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Psh... If they take out all the inappropriate jokes, then it's not really Blazing Saddles is it?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I hate to say it, but Gosu is actually getting a little frustrating. Having a villain who gets beaten again and again (because each time the heroes either show powers they didn't have before or change to a winning strategy), then comes back from getting beaten even stronger and casually manhandles them...all in the same fight...over and over...starts getting a little old.

I'm getting tired of it, and hope that something actually progresses.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I hate to say it, but Gosu is actually getting a little frustrating. Having a villain who gets beaten again and again (because each time the heroes either show powers they didn't have before or change to a winning strategy), then comes back from getting beaten even stronger and casually manhandles them...all in the same fight...over and over...starts getting a little old.

I'm getting tired of it, and hope that something actually progresses.
    I've kind of enjoyed it up to a point.

I did like the whole chapter that was like "Can you beat him? No. Can you kill him? Now, that's a very different question," a neat little distinction.

Currently, I'm just a bit bemused about where this is actually going. As you say, we're on like "The main villain is dead," fakeout number 3(?) at this point? It's getting a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've kind of enjoyed it up to a point.

I did like the whole chapter that was like "Can you beat him? No. Can you kill him? Now, that's a very different question," a neat little distinction.
    I DID like that. It was a good addition, especially coming from the dude formerly known as the Heaven Ravager King.

Currently, I'm just a bit bemused about where this is actually going. As you say, we're on like "The main villain is dead," fakeout number 3(?) at this point? It's getting a bit much.
    This is what I meant. AND the guy gets more powerful every time, so it's starting to look to me like 'what kind of ass-pull will the characters need to do to kill him now?' on TOP of the boredom of 'Oh, dead again? No suspense, I'll just wait for him to get back up...again.'

Feels like a Jump the Shark moment.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...having said all of that, this is really the first time I've been disappointed with Gosu, so I'm hoping the author subverts my (negative) expectations and does something wildly unpredictable to net the heroes the win, preferably not involving the Power of Friendship™ or 'I just won't lose!'.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...having said all of that, this is really the first time I've been disappointed with Gosu, so I'm hoping the author subverts my (negative) expectations and does something wildly unpredictable to net the heroes the win, preferably not involving the Power of Friendship™ or 'I just won't lose!'.
    I'm interested to see where we go. My gut says that what's-her-name with the ghost powers might make an appearance perhaps.

But, the series has been generally very good so far so I'm perfectly willing to continue with it.