Page 135 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 35851251311321331341351361371381391451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 36575
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    To be fair about a couple of things: Gohan wasn't forsaking his Saiyan heritage, just stating that he wasn't going to rely on SS transformations like his father as a crutch (something that Whis and Master Roshi criticized him for) since he has his own power via his Ultimate/Potential Unleashed form (which he similarly stated in the anime when he fought Goku when he told him that he wanted to find his own path to building his strength that's separate from Goku's by focusing on his innate potential rather than transformations). He even used Goku's "I'm a Saiyan raised on Earth" line, so he obviously still values his Saiyan blood. As for Roshi, Whis explained that he wasn't using Ultra Instinct but applying the basic principles of it via his experience as a martial artist, so he didn't a power boost or the automatic response that Goku and Whis get from it. It was still bullshit for him to dodge Jiren, though.
    guess the translation i read was different from yours.

but still, my other complaints about it still stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah, I was kinda glad to run into it just recently.
    the MC is likeable too. a different sort of animal from hana or bouya. and the punishment they gave him in juvie was some impressive mind-fuckery

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

So who's ready for some Bullseye Clips?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    one of the few things i kind of liked about TLJ.

Daredevil VS Bullseye: Round 1!
    Will contain spoilers.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the MC is likeable too. a different sort of animal from hana or bouya. and the punishment they gave him in juvie was some impressive mind-fuckery
    Forcing him into a situation where they knew he could barely do until he practically grew insane? That was impressive.

Got through 5 volumes...And I can never look at Tanzawa the same ever now. Dude is a monster in a fight...If that one fight can ever be called that.

Read the Goblin Slayer manga (including the Side Story Year One and Brand New Day off-shoots), and... it's good. It does the Berserk thing where it is very dark and brutal at the beginning before turning into a (comparatively) more lighthearted story afterwards (and nudity without rape scenes). Favorite character is probably Lizard Cleric, because he's all about dinosaurs (his forebears) and cheese, to the point where he declares that the goblins will feel his boundless rage because they threatened the farm where Goblin Slayer gets his cheese.

I also like how Goblin Slayer isn't your stereotypical "stoic *******" main character you regularly see in these kinds of stories, but more of a socially awkward guy who listens to people and tries to be more social.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Read the Goblin Slayer manga (including the Side Story Year One and Brand New Day off-shoots), and... it's good. It does the Berserk thing where it is very dark and brutal at the beginning before turning into a (comparatively) more lighthearted story afterwards (and nudity without rape scenes). Favorite character is probably Lizard Cleric, because he's all about dinosaurs (his forebears) and cheese, to the point where he declares that the goblins will feel his boundless rage because they threatened the farm where Goblin Slayer gets his cheese.

I also like how Goblin Slayer isn't your stereotypical "stoic *******" main character you regularly see in these kinds of stories, but more of a socially awkward guy who listens to people and tries to be more social.
    and he's such a accidental mack.

There's memes for this.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

Emphasis on the "accidental."
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Emphasis on the "accidental."
    Yep. And unfortunately for those women, he has no interest in romance since it doesn't involve goblin slaying.

But at least Guts is happy and well-adjusted in this universe since, well... pretty much his entire life didn't happen here.

- C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Goblin Slayer is a bit uneven for me. I've only read the manga but, problematic shock value stuff aside, it's just a bit shallow for me.

One of things that slightly irks me about critics likening any dark gothic fantasy manga that comes out to Berserk simply because it's dark and has dudes in armour and fantasy creatures, kind of undersells the fact that Berserk is good because of its complex character work.

Goblin Slayer is at 28 chapters and I just don't really find myself caring about the cast that much. Orcbolg is somewhat a-typical but he's also... dull.

With the recent "controversy" with the anime happening, it's going to be quite a big series methinks. I hope that the author is inspired to get a bit deeper with his work.

New Kengan chapter out and that was a pretty sweet conclusion to the current fight.