Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Congrats with the poodle, Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Congrats with the poodle, Guy.
    Thanks Iron!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Posting this here to celebrate! Because I got me a new Poodle Puppy!
    Well Congrats on the Poodle, Guy.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Well Congrats on the Poodle, Guy.
    Thanks bro!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I've seen a theory that the return of Sea Shanties is because they're a group activitiy by nature, andso they scratch the itch created by quarantine loneliness

How about this one

Kinda awesome, actually.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Posting this here to celebrate! Because I got me a new Poodle Puppy!
    Gimme that dawg! Congrats!

I lifted a 250lbs atlas stone yesterday day and that was a bit rough. I’m making good progress though.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Gimme that dawg! Congrats!

I lifted a 250lbs atlas stone yesterday day and that was a bit rough. I’m making good progress though.
    Congratulations!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Edens Zero: Well, this chapter has established that EZ is definitely going beyond Fairy Tail power levels, with Shiki's potential mentor all but affirmed to be planet-buster with his Gravity Ether, as well as Justice and Elsie's ongoing battle (which is insane, not to mention the mechanics of their abilities is sheer hax).
    I did like how Elsie, Justice and all their subordinates casually showed that they can **** all over Shiki's and his crew in terms of immediate power level. Then this old robo dude rocks up and raises the power charts again by leaps and bounds. The series has a generally better grasp of the power levels than in Fairy Tail.

Yashahime: Welp, Sesshomaru can now cut comets in half, so that's awesome. He also shows a good amount of character development by demonstrating just how far he'll go to protect his wife, his newborn kids and even his half-brother and sister-in-law. Also, Toga's karma strikes again, because this sequel continues the trend of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru cleaning up after their father's ****-ups. Seriously, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, Dante and Vergil should form a club.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

I've been thinking about Batman and super-powers. Would it really be a problem if Batman had them? Like, people often say him having no actual powers is essential to his characters but I'm not convinced that's true.

I mean, obviously you don't want to give him very extreme powers like Superman or whatever. But if you keep him relatively street level, and he still largely relies on his brains, skill and gadgets, I think the concept would still work fine even if he had some lesser superhuman abilities.

Let's say before becoming Batman, Bruce undergoes some sort of experiment that gives him a Captain America-style boosted physique, very fast reflexes, a decent healing factor, enhanced senses (sonar hearing?), a greatly reduced need for sleep and heightened intelligence with the ability to think very fast and learn new skills very quickly. Then he goes and does all the stuff he did to become Batman in the first place.

If anything that would just make all the stuff he's capable of anyway more believable.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    I've been thinking about Batman and super-powers. Would it really be a problem if Batman had them? Like, people often say him having no actual powers is essential to his characters but I'm not convinced that's true.

I mean, obviously you don't want to give him very extreme powers like Superman or whatever. But if you keep him relatively street level, and he still largely relies on his brains, skill and gadgets, I think the concept would still work fine even if he had some lesser superhuman abilities.

Let's say before becoming Batman, Bruce undergoes some sort of experiment that gives him a Captain America-style boosted physique, very fast reflexes, a decent healing factor, enhanced senses (sonar hearing?), a greatly reduced need for sleep and heightened intelligence with the ability to think very fast and learn new skills very quickly. Then he goes and does all the stuff he did to become Batman in the first place.

If anything that would just make all the stuff he's capable of anyway more believable.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Yeah, but that's him sitting on literally the throne of the god of knowledge, which basically makes him omniscient. Of course that's going to mess with his head a bit, especially with his pathological drive to stop crime. That's kinda what I meant by not giving him very extreme powers.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Considering many of the ways that Batman has already stretched to the breaking point limits on what a human can usually do without powers, I actually am convinced that he already has them. Not sure how to define it, however. It's so vague and variable, more like the power to be what he needs to be when he needs to be it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

My response would be what do you gain in terms of narrative from giving Batman powers?

Part of the appeal of the character is that he is a man walking amongst gods. Make him metahuman and that lowers that aspect of his appeal.

Also I think it adds nothing so why include it?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.