Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    That was the first Godzilla movie Id ever seen so there was some lingering love for it from my childhood for a while.

When i went back and saw it like last year I realized I'd remembered only the good parts. Really boring film for me on the rewatch outside of combat unfortunately. Do still like the parts I liked back then though but all the rest of it...yikes
    To each their own, as we've established taste is subjective - like how most find GvK solid but it's the one Godzilla film I can't find any enjoyment in,

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To each their own, as we've established taste is subjective - like how most find GvK solid but it's the one Godzilla film I can't find any enjoyment in,
    For sure, as someone once said, Mileage May Vary
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Fantastic Member

Mother's Basement's video on the best new season anime is up:

For sure, as someone once said, Mileage May Vary
    I actually find the human stuff in G2000 some of the best in the franchise, in a sort of dumb fun way. It's just over the top enough without going campy imo.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

When they can figure out how to make it work I suppose. I know that GvK was one of the movies that felt like it was definitely leaning more to monster content than humans. Stuff like Kong exploring the underground alone was very cool.

I also imagine it's tied to the origins of the IP. Godzilla the original was much more of a human interest film than a monster movie when it came out. The difference is that the human sections in that movie (and some of the better ones in recent years) are interesting and thematically connected and important. You could also argue that humans need to be there to some extent to establish the scale of these colossal beasts

In weaker/American Godzilla movies, the humans are just disaster movie protagonists. They serve no purpose for much of the time or are just meatheads.
    Yeah, unlike Transformers, there isn't much story without the humans, and Godzilla's relationship to humanity is one of the running themes through the various incarnations.

Still though. Gimme a short film with the Monsters on Monster Island getting up to Kaiju Shenanigans. That would be fun.

As for the Legendary films, I dunno, I thought King of the Monsters was pretty great. :shrug_emoji:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The bigger issue I had was Godzilla Atomic Breathing ONLY the axe, and not just melting Kong.
    That's not what happens. He aims and Kong and Kong moves the axe into it's path

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That's not what happens. He aims and Kong and Kong moves the axe into it's path
    Oh?

Is that what this was? My bad.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I was actually confused about that.
    -Stephen McCranie

I was actually confused about that.
    I mean, there's two specific scenes with the axe stopping the atomic breath. The first time it happens Kong totally does block the shot.

The above gif? It can be argued and I'd accept that he blocks the initial hit which is to Kong's right side near the hip... But then the atomic breath sticks to the axe and follows it up and over Kong's head until he cracks Godzilla with it.

So, you know. He's not blocking the atomic breath, Godzilla is specifically just not hitting him. Which is really my only gripe with any of the fights in GvK
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Am I the only one excited for Minus One?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I am vaguely intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I am vaguely intrigued.
    Ever since the trailer I've been pretty stoked for it. It looks more in the vein of Shin but with a more traditional take on Godzilla, and it being a period piece is intriguing. I just have this feeling it's going to be incredibly good.

I'm definitely interested
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh?

Is that what this was? My bad.
    The Atomic Breath getting stuck to the axe after Kong used to to block the beam before the Gif started.