Page 367 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 2673173573633643653663673683693703713774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 36864
    Extraordinary Member

I'm sorry for bringing this back up, but I would consider it a moral failure on my part to not correct this

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    I see too much fuckery on the "victims" to take their claims seriously. Especially seeing how many times men have been fucked over by false claims, or unprovable accusations by women.
    False Claims are infinitely more rare than legitimate claims, and it is both foolish and immoral to treat it as a plausible scenario without evidence to back it up.

The idea of "False Claims ruin men's lives" needs to die. It is a con used by men in power to trick people into letting them get away with their misdeeds. False Claims almost never happen, and it's only recently that being accused is actually likely to end a career. And even then it's not a guarantee.

Bryan Singer is an accused pedophile. Here is a list of the films he has made since those allegations have been public: X-Men, X2, Superman Returns, Valkyrie, Jack the Giant Slayer, X-Men Days of Future Past, X-Men Apocalypse, and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Brett Kavanaugh is accused of sexual assault, and what happened to him? He was given a life time appointment to the most powerful court in the land

Chris Brown savagely beat his girl friend, and then the next time he put out an album, it became his first to reach number 1 on the charts, and went 2 times platinum. Three of his later albums also went platinum

Donald Trump is on tape bragging about committing Sexual Assault, and he got elected to the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i keep seeing lists of greatest generals in history and i usually see the same old peeps: caesar, hannibal, alexander, washington, rommel, etc.

but no one ever seems to mention this guy.

this is subutai, general and military adviser to genghis khan, one of his "four dogs of war" and IMO, the greatest general who ever lived.

in his service to the khan, this guy conquered more nations, won more battles, beat down more armies and overran more territory than any other commander ever. this guy was so good at siege tactics, he pretty much ended the era of walled cities. he wiped an entire empire off the map because the sultan decided it would be a good idea to piss off genghis. after this campaigh, the mongol empire was the largest land empire on earth.

oh, and if that wasn't enough, he straight up conquered russia.

and yet no one knows about this guy.
    Saw him on a Cracked list of (I believe) biggest/greatest ever a few years ago. Dude could simultaneously direct two different armies hundreds of kilometers away from each other when the only way to relay orders was horseback. And win. Hell, he's considered one of Genghis Khan's four "Dogs of War", which were his four top generals.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm sorry for bringing this back up, but I would consider it a moral failure on my part to not correct this

False Claims are infinitely more rare than legitimate claims, and it is both foolish and immoral to treat it as a plausible scenario without evidence to back it up.

The idea of "False Claims ruin men's lives" needs to die. It is a con used by men in power to trick people into letting them get away with their misdeeds. False Claims almost never happen, and it's only recently that being accused is actually likely to end a career. And even then it's not a guarantee.

Bryan Singer is an accused pedophile. Here is a list of the films he has made since those allegations have been public: X-Men, X2, Superman Returns, Valkyrie, Jack the Giant Slayer, X-Men Days of Future Past, X-Men Apocalypse, and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Brett Kavanaugh is accused of sexual assault, and what happened to him? He was given a life time appointment to the most powerful court in the land

Chris Brown savagely beat his girl friend, and then the next time he put out an album, it became his first to reach number 1 on the charts, and went 2 times platinum. Three of his later albums also went platinum

Donald Trump is on tape bragging about committing Sexual Assault, and he got elected to the presidency.
    I understand your reasoning and why you feel the need to bring it back up, I honestly do, and I thank you for making this point, but we are indeed dropping the conversation until further notice.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Saw him on a Cracked list of (I believe) biggest/greatest ever a few years ago. Dude could simultaneously direct two different armies hundreds of kilometers away from each other when the only way to relay orders was horseback. And win. Hell, he's considered one of Genghis Khan's four "Dogs of War", which were his four top generals.
    and he really wasn't ordered to wreck europe's **** after curbstomping the Khwarizm empire. after he was done, he was like "let's stick around and see what else we can take" and then fucked up hungry, beat down the pope's armies and made russia his bitch. all with a single army. it wasn't until he came back that genghis found out that his empire just got stupid big and he had a few more million citizens and slaves to his already big ass empire.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently Disney's gonna lose 150 million dollars due to not putting Captain Marvel on Netflix

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Apparently Disney's gonna lose 150 million dollars due to not putting Captain Marvel on Netflix
    Drop in the bucket to them, but for their sake, this streaming service of theirs had better pan out.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Also Chris Hemsworth is going to star in a Hulk Hogan Biopic

i'm conflicted. on one hand, i like chris hemsworth.

on the other.............i dont like hogan.

BANNED

If Thor is Hulk Hogan, does that make The Hulk Andre The Giant?

I don't know I think what he said was stupid, but it was also something he said in (what he thought was) privacy, while not exactly in his right mind. And I am a bit more inclined to forgive someone under those circumstances. But at the same time I'm not the part of the race he said that stuff about so I can't claim to be the best judge here.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 02-20-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Exactly my thinking. I... could really do without him getting any kind of recognition. And it has little to do with him being racist.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

yup. the mongolan empire wouldn't be what it was without this guy. he had a 50+ year career as a general and served 3 generations of khans before dying.

just as a reminder: he is the only person in history to have conquered russia. not even Napolean and Hitler, at the height of their powers, couldn't do it.

i'm aware of her, (thank you, badass of the week). she did get married but it's not certain to who. but she remained undefated for her whole life, so he must have been special for her to break that rule for him.
    I’m gonna read more about this dude.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    If Thor is Hulk Hogan, does that make The Hulk Andre The Giant?

I don't know I think what he said was stupid, but it was also something he said in (what he thought was) privacy, while not exactly in his right mind. And I am a bit more inclined to forgive someone under those circumstances. But at the same time I'm not the part of the race he said that stuff about so I can't claim to be the best judge here.
    it's not just that crap he said a while back. it's his whole career.

i understand he was important for pro-wrestling and a major reason why the golden era was so popular. but the dude was an egotistical douche bag who did everything to get himself over. so unless you were hogan's friend, no one really benefited from working with him.
    especially after that bull he pulled at WM9
    Last edited by master of read; 02-20-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I’m gonna read more about this dude.
    there really isn't a lot on subutai as far as articles and vids go. i only found like 5 vids on youtube solely about him and they are of poor quality.

like the dog, the only reason i know about him is that cracked article about the greatest acts of vengeance in history.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

it's not just that crap he said a while back. it's his whole career.

i understand he was important for pro-wrestling and a major reason why the golden era was so popular. but the dude was an egotistical douche bag who did everything to get himself over. so unless you were hogan's friend, no one really benefited from working with him.
    especially after that bull he pulled at WM9
    Reminds me of that promo of Shawn impersonating Hogan and how it...Really felt like airing out a lot of crap about the guy.

...Then there's the actual match between them.

there really isn't a lot on subutai as far as articles and vids go. i only found like 5 vids on youtube solely about him and they are of poor quality.

like the dog, the only reason i know about him is that cracked article about the greatest acts of vengeance in history.
    Reminds me how long it took for people to realize that coalition to face Dong Zhuo really only had like 2-3 dudes who actually did what they were formed to do.

...Sun Jian was a freaking badass but he's simply the dude who dies so his sons take center stage.

I have been meaning to read more about Genghis Khan. Maybe I’ll find more there. This gives me an idea for something me and my buddy are working on.