Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...I swear, it's hard to find any High&Low fight scenes with the original music like this one on YouTube because yes, the music really adds the additional pop to enjoying these fights.

...Then again, makes sense since all the music is probably copyrighted....

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The music totally helps the fights. Found a good one from the series, there!

Happy to say that song is on the album.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Cripes, it IS hard finding the fights with the actual music!

...on the other hand, I found some music videos and it’s pretty weird seeing ‘Genji’ popping. o_O
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The music totally helps the fights. Found a good one from the series, there!

Happy to say that song is on the album.
    Nice, Unbreakable is definitely becoming one of my favorites.

...on the other hand, I found some music videos and it’s pretty weird seeing ‘Genji’ popping. o_O
    Yeah, I rewatched the whole climatic battle of the first film in parts with the music muted down considerably leaving just the fight sounds and dialogue. It was enjoyable.

Then I found exactly one minute of a clip of the fight with the music...It's like night and day shockingly enough.

To Quote Rocky; "Party Time."

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

read a cool lil book for my book club

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...r-wrong-todays

fun lil time travel thing although there are some issues when it gets to basically the last arc or so

something I realized in this book and others is that sci-fi sometimes stacks up crazy things that are really cool around the latter parts of the book. but in doing so, ill-serves the human side of the story. Like there's a part of the book where I'm enjoying following a character and then realize suddenly that he's going from a character to something more of an archetype and it loses something in doing so. Unfortunate.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    And I went right back to try-hard mode because I definitely don't learn and I was very struck by the character and the backstory and so tried to actually paint this one like a real-ass conventional artist rather than the more digital artist-type approach I did for Jcogg:

It's not really my standard response for a commission, it's a bit more experimental but Shakti is really cool and engaging and I had a ton of fun with this one. I hope you like it Dark! ^_^
    Oh wow dude, that is striking.

She looks so sad and tired and now I feel bad for giving her such a sad backstory and just want her to get a hug. *makes note to have characters hug Shakti down the line*

So yeah, I really like it. And I'm glad you found it so inspiring.

Thank you.

I love the way that my strongman training has carried over to my martial arts. Its really noticeable in my grappling.

As much as I love the Baki series I wish that Itagaki would do more Garouden.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Oh wow dude, that is striking.

She looks so sad and tired and now I feel bad for giving her such a sad backstory and just want her to get a hug. *makes note to have characters hug Shakti down the line*

So yeah, I really like it. And I'm glad you found it so inspiring.

Thank you.
    Very glad you like it, I had way too much fun doing it hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Nice, Unbreakable is definitely becoming one of my favorites.
    I do like that one.

Yeah, I rewatched the whole climatic battle of the first film in parts with the music muted down considerably leaving just the fight sounds and dialogue. It was enjoyable.

Then I found exactly one minute of a clip of the fight with the music...It's like night and day shockingly enough.
    The music is a crucial part of the entire experience, I agree. It really kicks the drama up a notch. And they timed everything perfectly in that final fight of 'The Movie', except for Rocky saying 'Party time...' That should have come just before the 'Let's go!', and from the poses of the people around him, was clearly originally MEANT to be before everyone started running (but edited in as after...which doesn't make sense, as we can see Kizzy starting to run in the Murayama part, then she's standing in her pose when it cuts to Rocky saying his line).

Even the BGM is exceptional, for me. Try watching the scene with Rocky and Cobra in the Doubt Fight (End of Sky) where Cobra turns away and starts walking toward the Doubt members without the sound on. Not nearly the same impact. Heck, I'm even trying to picture watching the lead-up to the fight against Doubt in End of Sky without 'Break Into The Dark' playing, and nope. It just doesn't work. Similarly Smokey, in Final Mission.

But watching the music videos and recognizing the people in them as characters from the movies/show is a very odd experience. Finding out Hiroto is the first vocalist in 'Higher Ground' came as a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    To Quote Rocky; "Party Time."

I think Rocky says that before he rolls out of bed in the morning.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    read a cool lil book for my book club

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...r-wrong-todays

fun lil time travel thing although there are some issues when it gets to basically the last arc or so

something I realized in this book and others is that sci-fi sometimes stacks up crazy things that are really cool around the latter parts of the book. but in doing so, ill-serves the human side of the story. Like there's a part of the book where I'm enjoying following a character and then realize suddenly that he's going from a character to something more of an archetype and it loses something in doing so. Unfortunate.
    Example? I kinda get what you mean, but I'm curious about what struck you here.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I love the way that my strongman training has carried over to my martial arts. Its really noticeable in my grappling.
    Strong and skilled is always better than just skilled. Good stuff.

....though 'just skilled' tends to win out against 'just strong'.

As much as I love the Baki series -
    And this is where you lost me. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Very glad you like it, I had way too much fun doing it hehe.
    Rather like the style of it!
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Rather like the style of it!
    Thank you kindly